PROCEDURES AND PRECAUTIONS
We will be communicating during the tournament using Match Tennis App.
Online Check-in for the Tournament should be completed by 6:00 p.m., March 19.*
Tournament check-in will be done via Match Tennis App's Virtual Tennis Desk. You will need to complete the following:
* Phone contact and Hotel information ( Hotel information may be updated after you check-in at hotel.)
USTA RELEASE WAIVER WILL BE EMAILED to you and you may exchange the signed form for your player gift.
Tournament and Scoring Formats
* 32 singles players; 16 doubles teams
* This event uses a Feed-in Consolation through ther Round of 16
* Quarterfinal loses feed into a separate 5th/6th Playoff
* ALL Main Draw and Consolation singles will play two sets with a 10-point match tiebreak in lieu of the third set.
* Doubles will play an 8-game pro-set with a 7-point match tiebreak played at 8-all (No-Ad scoring).
* Multiple shotgun starts are planned for Rome TC @ Berry College (RTC).
* Downtown Center will also use shotgun starts.
* Saturday matches will be scheduled in shotgun start blocks,
First Match Times and Court assignments
* First match time and court assignment reports will be posted online AND EMAILED TO YOU by 12:00 noon Thursday, March 18.
THE Draws will have both MATCH TIMES and COURT ASSIGNMENTS
* Draws will be posted late Thursday day afternoon, March 18.
* The "HOUR" in the match time on the draw will indicate the actual MATCH TIME.
(HERE IS A TENTATIVE LIST OF SCHEDULING BLOCKS for Saturday and Sunday. They may vary depending on the weather forecast and whether we start the day with singles or doubles.)
* "9" = 9:00 a.m.
* "11" = 11:00 a.m.
* "1" = 1:00 p.m.
* "3" = 3:00 p.m.
* "4" = 4:30 p.m.
* "5" = 5:30 p.m.
* The "MINUTE" portion of the match time will indicate the COURT NUMBER.
EXAMPLES: (BASED on the TENTATIVE TIMES above)
* "RTC Sat 9:09" means the Match is at RTC at 9:00 a.m. on Court #9.
* "RTC Sat 11:42" means the Match is at RTC at 11:00 a.m. on Ct. # 42
* "DT Sat 1:15" means Downtown TC @ 1:00 p.m. on Ct. # 15
* "RTC Sat 4:12" means the Match is at RTC at 4:30 p.m. on Ct. # 12
Final Details about Match Times and Court assignments on the draws will be determined by Thursday, March 18.
Playing Your Match
* Report directly to your assigned court.
* Umpire will provide the match balls when you arrive at court.
* 5-minute warm-up
* On changeovers, cross at opposite ends of the net.
* Player seating will be on opposite sides of the court. If using one of the back-to-back benches between 2 courts sit only on the designated end of the bench, and don't put your bag, or belongings, on the marked off surface.
* If you prefer you may bring your own chair.
* The player/team who is sitting on the side next to the scoring device will update the score.
After the Match
* When the match ends, both players/teams should report their score to the umpire near their court who started the match. Make sure the score is correct!
* The umpire will then radio the scores to the tournament desk, so nothing further is necessary.
* Give the match balls to the umpire.
* Check the draws online. (The result may not be posted in real time, but the next match time and court assignment will be on the draw.)
* You should exit the tennis center as soon as your match is finished and return 10-15 minutes prior to you next match.
* Remember, Court assignments for subsequent matches will be the second part of the match time that is posted on the online draws.
ALL players and chaperones are expected to wear a face mask at all times when a the tennis centers except when on the court playing or practicing.
* There may be no spectator seating, so parents are encouraged to bring chairs. Individual chairs allow for physical distance between spectators which courtside stands do not, even if available
* Player seating and scoring devices will be sanitized before play begins each day and between matches.
* Courts must be cleared by 8:30 a.m. to allow cleaning of surfaces before the 9:00 a.m. matches begin.
* Because of health concerns, ice at the main site (RTC) may be available, but use at your own risk. The water fountains, if working, may be used at your own risk.
* Please bring sufficient ice and fluids when you come for your match.
* Umpires and staff will have temperature checks at the start of each day as they arrive.
* No matches will be played indoors.
Tournament Ball: Wilson US Open (Girls - Regular Duty, Boys- Extra Duty).
Ultimately, it is up to each player and/or parent to decide whether to participate in any event.
Further, every player is expected to take all reasonable precautions to protect themselves from the risk of exposure.
If you are sick with any symptoms at ALL,
DO NOT ATTEND OR PLAY A MATCH!
40 Grace Dr., Rome, 30161, 706-291-7797, Fax 706-291-6858, email@example.com
• King Rooms: $84.00 + tax; 2 Queen Rooms: $89.00 + tax
• All rooms have 37" flat-screen TV, fridge, and microwave.
• FREE High Speed Wireless Internet, Complimentary USA Today, Free Showtime Movie Channel.
• Individually wrapped Breakfast items and fruit.
• Hotel disinfects each room every day, including everything that is touchable in room and in all common areas.
• Cancellation Policy: Cancel by 4:00 PM the day before arrival to avoid one night's room charge.
2209 Shorter Avenue, Rome, GA 30165, (706) 802-1223, Fax (706) 802-0135, Baymont.Rome@gmail.com
• Rooms are completely renovated. All rooms are Non-Smoking.
• Rooms have refrigerator, microwave, Iron and ironing board , Hair dryer, Coffee pot, Free Wireless Internet, Free Parking
• Free to go breakfast items like coffee, muffins, and fruit.
• Guest rooms: 2 Queen Beds $79.99 + tax,
• KING Suite with sleeper sofa $89.99 + tax. (Rates are based 2 adults, children 17 and under are free.)
• Rate is available by calling hotel directly at 706-802-1223
• Cancellation policy: Cancel by 6:00 pm 24 hours prior to arrival to avoid penalty.
Courntry Inn and Suites
15 Hobson Way, Rome, 30161, 706-232-3380.
• Standard King: $99.00 or 2 Queen Beds: $109.00 + tax. Tennis rate not applicable for suites.
• Tennis Rate available only if you book with the hotel directly at 706-232-3380. Hotel will not match tennis rates for reservations made through other venues.
• Rooms must be booked 7 day prior to arrival to be guaranteed the tennis rate.After 7 days prior to the event, the rate may be honored based on the availability of rooms.
• THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES is Rome’s finest award winning hotel, offering amenities comparable to upper scale hotels such as: free high speed internet access, micro-fridge and microwave in all rooms, fitness center and much more.
• Grab-n-go breakfast which includes 2% milk containers (pint size), apple and orange juice bottles, yogurt, variety of cereal boxes, honey buns, muffins, 2 kinds of granola bars, oatmeals & grits packages.
We also offer coffee and cookies (chocolate chips, peanut butter and raisin-granola ) 24X7.
• For some it’s the cozy accommodations and great rates. For others it’s the little things we do with the personal touches of home.
• Cancellation Policy: Adjustments to arrival dates must be made 24 hours prior to arrival. Reservations cancelled after 24 hour cutoff are subject to first night’s stay.
• Early Check out: Must check out by 12:00 noon on the day of check out. Check outs after noon will be charged an additional night.
840 Turner McCall Blvd., Rome, 30161 706-295-0400.
• Guest Rooms: $89.00 + tax.
• Business Center, Free Wireless High Speed Internet
• Free Breakfast Bag To Go and Coffee and Juice (6:00 a.m. -9:30 a.m.)
• Free Local Calls and 800 # Access
• All rooms have: Microwave, Refrigerator, Alarm Clock, Hairdryer, Iron and Ironing Board, Coffee Maker
• Copy and Fax Service, RV - Bus Parking.
• Swimming Pool is open with restrictions.
• Cancellation policy: Cancel 48 hours prior to 4 PM the day of arrival to avoid a one-night charge..
COVID-19 Information: We are disinfecting/cleaning our rooms with hospital grade cleaners. Our supplier is the same supplier for the hospitals. All check out rooms are sanitized thoroughly as well as our lobby and public bathrooms daily.
390 Dodd Blvd SE, Rome, GA, 706-234-0014
• King Room: $60.00, 2 Doubles: $65.00 + tax
• ALL Guest rooms remodeled with NEW furniture.
• Free High Speed Wireless Internet access
• All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (irons, ironing boards and hair dryer available at front desk)
• Copy and fax service
• All rooms are indoor corridor
• Cancellation policy - Cancel 24 hours prior to 6:00 pm day of arrival to avoid 1 night charge.
• • Tennis rates available only if booked directly with hotel.
110 W. Second Ave., Rome 30161, 706-378-4837
• Standard King Room: $ 159.00 (+15% Tax).
• Large room on river with balcony and 2 Queen beds, or King suite with full kitchen, separate living room with sleeper sofa: $ 189.00 (+15% Tax)
• Tennis rates available only if booked directly with hotel.
• "Hawthorn Suites is located inside a 115 year old renovated warehouse in the heart of downtown Rome, Georgia. It is within walking distance to most all types of shops and restaurants the city has to offer. Also for your convenience, Hawthorn Suites is 2-3 blocks from the Downtown Tennis Center and only 4.6 miles from Rome Tennis Center at Berry College. Ace your night's sleep before the big match with Hawthorn Suites! We serve up free wi-fi. At the end of a long day hit our beds for the sweet spot!"
• Parking is free.
• Cafeteria style hot breakfast is $6.00 per person and serves from 6:30 am to 9:30 am and until 10:00 am on Saturday and Sunday.
• 2 night minimum reservation per room.
• Cancellation Policies: ** 48-hour Cancellation - Guests have until 48 hours prior to arrival to cancel without penalty. Late cancellations and No-Shows will be charged additional fee of one night at room rate.
** Early Check-out penalty: Guests who depart before reserved check-out date will be charged an additional fee of one night at room rate.
COVID-19 Information: Call for Details.
Holiday Inn Express
35 Hobson Way, Rome, GA 30161 706-232-0021
• Standard King and 2 Queen Bed Guest Rooms: $114.00 + tax. Tennis rate not applicable for suites.
• Tennis rates available only if booked directly with hotel.
• Rate matches will not be honored at the hotel level.
• All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, and 42-inch Flat Panel HD TV.
• Complimentary cafeteria-style breakfast is available.
• Advance Deposit and Cancellation Policy: A first night’s stay deposit will be due with the reservation. Guests must cancel 24 hours prior to arrival to not be charged for the first night. This must be done by 6 PM the night prior to arrival.
• Early Check out: Must check out by 11:00 on the day of check out. Checkouts after 11 AM are subject to another night’s charge.
COVID-19 Information: At the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome, GA, we take pride in ensuring the safety of all our guests. During these uncertain times, we have continued our high standards for a clean environment, as well as implemented more sanitization standards. We look forward to your stay with us.
America's Best Value Inn
2973 Cedartown Hwy SE, Rome, GA 30161, Phone: (706)235-1717. Fax: (706) 378-0008.
• Guest rooms: KING BED $65.95 + tax, Two DOUBLE BEDS $74.95 + tax
• Rate is available by calling hotel directly at 706-235-1717.
• Hotel is near Georgia Highlands College and Darlington School
• 36 Rooms with Micro Fridge, Coffee Pot, Iron and Board , High Speed Internet
• No Breakfast is provided due to health considerations.
• Only 6 miles to Rome Downtown Tennis Center,
• Cancellation policy: Cancel by 6:00 pm two days before arrival to avoid penalty.