MCF = McFarlin Tennis Center, 1503 San Pedro, SA, TX 78212 - 210-219-0583
MONDAY ALL MATCHES ARE AT McFARLIN (MCF)
Construction on I-10
Heading west on I-10 near Boerne there are lane closures. Please allow plenty of travel time this weekend.
VIRTUAL CHECK-IN AND SAFETY PROCEDURES
The following are the safety protocols we will have in place for the August 8-10 FST SCMZ in San Antoni/Kerrville. The safety of our players, spectators and tournament staff is our highest priority. While we want everyone to have a great tennis weekend, we must adjust and adhere to these guidelines in hopes that our efforts will result in both player/spectator safety and the continuation of USTA tournaments in Texas.
VIRTUAL CHECK-IN AND SCORE REPORTING:
· Please text the Site Director, for your site (listed below), the player’s name FROM THE PHONE YOU WILL BE USING FOR CHECK-IN THIS WEEKEND. This will allow the tournament director to save the contact information.
· Players will check-in for their matches and report their scores via text to their Site Director.
· By setting up this "virtual check-in", we hope to prevent players from congregating near the tournament desk. We ask that players wait for their match to be called in their car to minimize the number of players at the site at one time.
· Please plan to arrive at your site 15 min prior to your scheduled match time. Due to the scheduling of the tournament to maintain a limited number of players/spectators onsite at any given time, we will not be trying to put on early matches so arriving/checking-in 15 min prior to match is suggested. When you arrive, please text your Site Director that you have arrived.
o John Doe 10:15 match check-in - We only need player name & scheduled match time.
· When both players have virtually checked-in and a court is available, the Site Director will text both players and advise which court for the players to report to. A sample text could read:
o Doe and Smith report to Court # 8
· At this point, players will have 5 min to report to court and be ready to start warm-up. Bathroom runs and making sure players have adequate water for match should be done PRIOR to the virtual check-in 15 min prior to match time. There will be no water/ice to refill water bottles, so please bring plenty of back-up water and ice.
· A can of new match balls will be on court when the players arrive.
· Players will “air” high five or “air” fist bump in lieu of the traditional handshake.
· Once the match is finished, leave the balls on the court and report your score via text to the Site Director. Please allow 10 minutes for scores to be posted and next match times can then be viewed online.
· Tournament staff will be picking up prior match balls. Players must provide their own chair during match.
· We will be scheduling matches to minimize the number of people each participant will encounter. Matches should be on schedule all day.
· If players or parents have questions, please text the Tournament Director at 210-219-0583.
· We ask that each player limit the number of spectators they bring to 1 per player. This will help limit the number of people at the site at one time and help allow for appropriate social distancing.
MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING IN COMMON AREAS:
· We ask that players, spectators and tournament staff wear masks when arriving and leaving facility, walking around the common areas, and in all inside areas – bathrooms/tournament desk area.
· Spectators must bring their own chairs/shade to watch match. This will allow spectators to socially distance from other spectators.
· Bleachers will not be available. We realize that it will be 100+ degrees this weekend so we strongly urge spectators to bring their own shade while watching the match.
Separate match tennis balls will be available upon player request. Please message tournament director prior to start of tournament. We will provide 6 new tennis balls per match – 2 cans with different #’s. Each player will be assigned their ball # for their service games. This will help to limit and possibly avoid any touching of the opponent's tennis balls. While there are no direct medical concerns, this has been brought up as a personal concern by some players and we will always make the best decisions for players' safety, comfort and peace of mind.
HEB Tennis Center - Fernanda 224-817-2573
Tivy High School - Matt 210-413-6354
McFarlin - Cherie 210-219-0583
NO WARM-UP COURTS
Due to the safety and virtual check-in procedures put in place for the tournament, there will NOT be any warm-up courts available.
STRINGING by FIRST SERVE TENNIS
Please visit our tournament sponsor, First Serve Tennis, 1931 N.W Military, SA, TX 78213. First Serve Tennis will be open all day Saturday and Monday - 210-349-3439. If you need stringing on Sunday, please call 210-735-3069.
Tier 4 SCMZ Singles draws play Ad scoring, best 2 of 3 sets with 10-point tiebreakers in lieu of 3rd set
Draws will be formatted as follows based on size:-13-32 players will be FIC through Round of 16
-9-12 players will be FIC through Quarterfinals
-6-8 players will be FIC through Semis.
-5 players or less will be a Round Robin
Please click on the "more info" tab for additional information.
The first 32 eligible applicants for the Boys and Girls 12s, 14s, 16s, and 18s players will be selected to play. A maximum of 256 players will be selected for this tournament.
Tournament Attendees (Players, Coaches, Parents and Spectators):
Please check local government guidelines and ordinances related to COVID-19 so that you are aware of possible requirements for any facility at which you might play or visit.
Players Cannot Register in Multiple SCMZs in August
Super Champ players are only allowed to register for one SCMZ in the month of August. (Example: Player registered for a SCMZ tournament cannot register for another SCMZ tournament in the month August without withdrawing from the original tournament)
Excessive Overrule Guideline:
The USTA Texas Officials Committee along with the Competitive Department has established a guideline in reference to excessive overrules as clarified in the Friend at Court. This guideline states "Once a player has been overruled for a second time in a match, they will be cautioned that after another overrule, they will be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct under the point penalty system."
As a parent or player it is your responsibility to assure registration in the event. Regardless if you register on the website or mobile app after completing the registration you should visit the USTA web driven site and confirm your registration by finding the player in the applicants list. If you select to skip this process please be aware that should any malfunctions of the system occur, players will not be granted late entrance in the event due to a system error.
ATTENTION ALL SPECTATORS
(INCLUDES PARENTS, COACHES, RELATIVES, FRIENDS, ETC.)
In an effort to promote a more enjoyable and fair experience for all, the following policy is in immediate
force and effect, and shall be diligently and stringently enforced. USTA Texas has implemented a “ZERO
TOLERANCE” policy for improper behavior.
1. Any attempt by a spectator to speak to the official in an abusive or disrespectful manner
regarding a line call or other ruling during match play shall be cause for immediate removal from
the playing area and, if warranted, from the premises.
2. Any spectator behavior deemed unacceptable towards a player, other spectator or staff member
shall be cause for immediate removal from the playing area or the entire premises. If said
behavior is directed towards a player, either before, during or after a tournament, it shall result in
an automatic and immediate suspension of that spectator’s right to attend USTA Texas
tournaments, for a period of time to be determined by the USTA Texas Discipline and Grievance
3. Refusal to adhere to a removal request shall trigger immediate enforcement of the point penalty
system against the player with whom the spectator is involved (per point penalty system
regulations), including possible immediate default from the tournament.
4. The On-Site Official is the SOLE judge regarding unacceptable behavior.
Inappropriate umpire/spectator communication, whether it be about a ruling or any other facet of a
tennis event is prohibited while a match is in pro
Let your Love of Tennis put extra cash in your pocket!
Become a Tennis Official Today https://www.usta.com/en/home/about-usta/who-we-are/texas/texas-officials.html
Youth Tennis Texas Website:
For more information on Challenger, CMZ, or SCMZ schedules, and "Junior Know The Rules," please visit www.youthtennistexas.com
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:59:00 PM Central Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 800063120 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.