Player Selection Type
*waivers must be submitted by Wednesday before the tournament
starts or player will not be put into the draw and there are no
This is a section event held in the regions giving players the
flexibility to compete in a safe environment.
Players will coordinate with the player and tournament director to
schedule their matches to be completed within 3 days.
Guidelines and Agreement
Flex tournaments are events that have flexible scheduling by draws
being made by a provider and the match times are set by the
players' meeting a time frame of completion.
To avoid having players and spectators at facilities, traveling
outside their region, and to provide safety for our customers, the
SWS Junior Competition Committee created this format in order to
have a phased approach back to competition.
Flex Play Guidelines (see USTA COVID-19 Playing Tennis Safely
1. Do not play if sick
2. Do not play if you have come in contact with someone with
COVID-19 in the last 14 days before playing.
3. The tournament facilitator will notify the pairings of contact
information for each party and be copied for all communication.
Players will have a three-day window to play the match and report
the score. Players arrange the match at an agreed-upon time within
that window and at a location convenient for both parties.
4. Arrive at least 10 minutes before agreed upon match time. If a
player will be late, they must notify the opponent. If a player
does not show up within 15 minutes of the agreed-upon time, the
match will be recorded as a default.
5. Players split the cost of court fees (if any) and provide their
own cans of balls that do not share the same number. Players will
touch only the numbered balls they brought. The brand of the ball
6. Players, parents, and coaches agree not to interject or
interfere with play
7. Players, parents, and coaches agree to follow all Friend at
Court regulations in good faith; If there is a question, contact
8. Exceptional sportsmanship is expected of all participants and
spectators. Matches will not be officiated; therefore, adherence to
The Code is of the highest priority.
9. Instead of a handshake, do something to show sportsmanship that
does not involve touching and allows minimum 6' distance (salute,
bow, air shake, etc)
10. Change ends on opposite sides of the court (clockwise) and keep
a minimum 6' distance on breaks
11. Players may bring their own chair instead of sharing a bench if
personal chairs are allowed on the courts at the chosen
12. Spectators keep a minimum of 6' distance from play and from
each other. Masks for spectators are recommended unless greater
than 6' distance can be kept
13. Players will resolve any disagreements with a minimum of 6'
distance between each other.
14. Call out the score before each point so disagreements are
minimized. Touching score tenders if they are provided at the
facility, is not recommended.
15. Report score via email to tournament facilitator, copying
16. Check the tournament tennislink page for your new
17. Remember to have FUN returning to competition after the time
* Scoring-2 out of 3 sets, no ad-scoring, and a 10 point tiebreaker
in lieu of 3rd set
* Draw-Compass or Round Robin Format to ideally guarantee 3 matches
per tournament; player groupings will be determined by the use of
Universal Tennis Rating www.universaltennis.com
Player and Parent Agreement:
In registering for the flex tournament, both player and parent have
reviewed and agree to follow the guidelines, agree to follow the
Friend at Court regulations in good faith, and agree to have good
sportsmanship during the flex tournament matches.
Any issues reported to the tournament director and section staff
for Player Development may lead to suspension from future flex
tournaments and other sanctioned play events.
Please reach out to Ellen Pfister at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions you might have.
Players will cover court fees and can of balls for the matches.
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, June 16, 2020 2:00:00 PM Arizona Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 750027720 from the searchable schedule homepage.
Division and Draw Type Abbreviations
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.