PLAYERS ENDORSED TO THE MIDWEST CLOSED
All other players who played and completed the tournament
and have entered the Midwest Closed will be endorsed as alternates.
MIDWEST CLOSED AND TEAM CUP POLICY * NO APPEALS*
"Play and Complete" is required. Click on the link and read the new policy if you have ANY interest in participating the Midwest Closed or the Team Cup.
Any Wild Card request must be submitted to the Ohio Valley office before the Ohio Valley Midwest Qualifier entry deadline: June 2, 2019.
In each age group, if an earned quota position is not
accepted by a player and the Wild Card was not granted prior to the tournament,
the Wild Card will be granted to the next highest eligible tournament
participant on the Midwest ranking list.
DRAW SIZE/PLAYER SELECTION
This tournament will be a 64 play Feed-in consolation draw with a 32 draw single elimination doubles event. If more than 64 players enter, each area association is guaranteed two positions in the draw and the remaining selections will be based upon the most recent Midwest Standings List as of the entry deadline.
The Ohio Valley District has been allocated 14 "Quota" spots for automatic selection to the 2019 Midwest Outdoor Closed tournament this year. The Endorsement process has been updated to select players from the Ohio Valley District Championships - District Qualifier event in the BG 12-18 age divisions.
1) 8 Quarterfinalists from the Main Draw will be automatically endorsed.
2) 4 players are selected from those that advance to the Consolation Quarterfinal Round from the Consolation Quarterfinal Qualifier Round.
3) From the 4 players that did not advance to the Consolation Quarterfinal Round from the Quarterfinal Qualifier Round, 2 will be selected in ranking order from the Midwest Ranking list published the week prior to the tournament.
4) Alternates will be selected from the tournament Competitors in the ranking order from the Midwest Ranking list published the week prior to the tournament.
5) If a player does not reach an automatic qualifying position in the draw and wants to be considered for an alternate status for the Midwest Closed, the player must have played and completed their final match.
All matches will be played at Ritter Park Tennis Center (12th Street and Enslow Blvd.) in Huntington, WV. The courts are located at the SW corner of Ritter Park.
Huntington has very limited indoor court options. Rain on Saturday may result in postponement of Day 1 and extension of the Tournament to Wednesday.
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, June 2, 2019 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 856351019 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.