THANK YOU Players and Parents!!!!
I want to THANK all of the players and families for spending your weekend with us at Bay Area Racquet Club and surrounding locations. The team worked very hard to provide a positive and successful CMZ experience for everyone!
We played a bit late Saturday at multiple locations and we will be evaluating more behind the scenes on what we could do better to avoid this.
Overall, the tennis was fantastic and we are looking forward to seeing your family at Bay Area Racquet Club for our upcoming USTA and UTR 2019 tournament schedule visible at http://bayarearacquetclub.com/calendar/
Don’t miss out on our amazing tournament opportunities!! Text Eric 832-428-5048 at anytime.
WEATHER UPDATE- Friday 2/8, 2:30pm- NO Delays due to cold
The CMZ will start on time per your scheduled draws as shown online. Unless we experience rain or wet courts, there will be NO delay. Please dress appropriately and let’s have a great CMZ weekend!! I will Post a future weather update ONLY IF NEEDED.
If you are concerned about your travel from your respective area of Texas, please reach out to Eric 832-428-5048 cell. Be sure you go to your correct playing site per your draw. If you are not clear, please contact Eric at fhis time!
PLAYING SITES FOR EACH DIVISION- PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY!
We are looking forward to a wonderful CMZ weekend! We will have a dynamic tournament staff here to ensure you have a great event experience both on and off court. If you need to withdraw or have questions at anytime, please text Tournament Director Eric Striesfeld 832-428-5048 or email: EricS@BayAreaRacquetClub.com
Tournament Sites for this event:
Bay Area Racquet Club (BARC)- G12 White, B12 Red, B12 White, B16 Blue- BOTH Saturday & Sunday!
17901 Kings Park Ln
Houston, TX 77058
Site Coordinator- Nicholas
Harry Taylor Tennis Center (HTTC)- G14 White, ALL Boys 14 Draws- BOTH Saturday & Sunday!
1202 Parkside Drive
Pasadena, TX 77502
Site Coordinator- Ramon Gomez
Deer Park South High School (DPS)- G14 Red, G16 Red- BOTH Saturday & Sunday!
710 West San Augustine
Deer Park, TX 77536
Site Coordinator- Tommy Heim
Dawson High School (DAW)- G16 White, B16 Red, G18- BOTH Saturday and Sunday!
2050 Cullen Blvd
Pearland, TX 77581
Site Coordinator- Raymond Martinez
San Jacinto College (SJC)- B16 White, B18 Red, B18 White- Saturday ONLY! These draws play at HTTC Sunday!
8060 Spencer Highway
Pasadena, TX 77505
Site Coordinator- Matt Risoldi
Dobie High School (DOB)- G12 Red & G16 Blue- Saturday ONLY! These draws play at DPS Sunday!
10220 Blackhawk Blvd.
Houston, TX 77089
Site Coordinator- Manuel Moreno
Host Hotel- Courtyard by Marriott - AMAZING RATES!!
Mention Bay Area Racquet Club when making reservations by telephone
Hotel – 281.333.0220
National Reservations – 888.236.2427
Some of the wonderful benefits your guests will enjoy while staying with us:
• New Hotel - Opened Summer 2012
• Newest Marriott Property in Clear Lake
• (17) Miles From Hobby Airport
• (47) Miles from George Bush (IAH) Airport
• Complimentary Self-Parking
• 24 Hour Business Library
• Boarding Pass Station
• 52” Interactive GoBoard Puts Local Restaurants, Area Maps, News Headlines And Weather At Your Finger Tips
• On-Site Guest Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services Available
• On-Site Bistro Restaurant Serving Breakfast, Dinner and Evening Beer, Wine and Cocktail Services
• 24-hour Market Store - Features a Variety of Sundries
• Starbucks Services through Bistro Restaurant
• Restaurants Within Walking Distance of Hotel
• 124 Spacious Guestrooms and Suites
• 32” Flat Screen Televisions
• Ergonomic Work Desk
• Complimentary Wireless Internet
• In-Room Refrigerator and Coffeemaker
• Complimentary Workout Facility
• Outdoor Pool and Splash Pad
• Soft Seating Outdoor Patio with Water Features
• Nearby Recreational Options for Water Sports
• Adjacent to NASA /Space Center Houston
• Five Miles From Kemah Boardwalk
Very Important - 2019 Medical and Media Waiver/Release Information and Form
The 2019 Medical and Media Waiver/Release form is available using the link below. This form must be completed, once per calendar year, by every player prior to participating in their first event of that year. Failure to complete this form prior to the event will make the player INELIGIBLE for that event. At the Super and Champ levels ineligible players will be REMOVED FROM THE EVENT during the player eligibility procedure after registration for the event has closed. Since the registration deadline has passed, the waiver must be completed prior to the player checking in for the tournament.
If you are planning on participating in any Super Champ or Champ Major Zones in 2019, we strongly advice that you complete this form as soon as possible and avoid the risk of being ineligible for an event.
Important - Withdrawal Penalty for Super Champ Level Tournaments
There will be no penalty for withdrawing from singles prior to Wednesday, February 6th at 12 Noon for this Champ Major Zone. After that time, if a player withdraws from singles, they will be penalized 2 suspension points for the withdrawal. This includes any withdrawals, walkovers, and retirements after Wednesday, February 6th at Noon until the end of the tournament. The maximum penalty is 2 points per tournament. If a player does reach the suspension threshold, they will be able to appeal any points at that time.
Champ Information and Schedule
Check out the new Champ Information page on our Youth Tennis Texas website using the following link! Every Champ tournament is listed with dates, locations, rules, formats, points, and directions on how to find ranking information!
Youth Tennis Texas Website:
For more information on Challenger, CMZ, or SCMZ schedules, and "Junior Know The Rules," please visit www.youthtennistexas.com
Excessive Overrule Guideline: The USTA Texas Officials Committee along with the Competitive Department has established a guideline in reference to excessive overrules as clarified in the Friend at Court. This guideline states "Once a player has been overruled for a second time in a match, they will be cautioned that after another overrule, they will be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct under the point penalty system."
ATTENTION ALL SPECTATORS
(INCLUDES PARENTS, COACHES, RELATIVES, FRIENDS, ETC.)
In an effort to promote a more enjoyable and fair experience for all, the following policy is in immediate force and effect, and shall be diligently and stringently enforced. USTA Texas has implemented a “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy for improper behavior.
1. Any attempt by a spectator to speak to the official in an abusive or disrespectful manner regarding a line call or other ruling during match play shall be cause for immediate removal from the playing area and, if warranted, from the premises.
2. Any spectator behavior deemed unacceptable towards a player, other spectator or staff member shall be cause for immediate removal from the playing area or the entire premises. If said behavior is directed towards a player, either before, during or after a tournament, it shall result in an automatic and immediate suspension of that spectator’s right to attend USTA Texas tournaments, for a period of time to be determined by the USTA Texas Discipline and Grievance Committee.
3. Refusal to adhere to a removal request shall trigger immediate enforcement of the point penalty system against the player with whom the spectator is involved (per point penalty system regulations), including possible immediate default from the tournament.
4. The On-Site Official is the SOLE judge regarding unacceptable behavior.
Inappropriate umpire/spectator communication, whether it be about a ruling or any other facet of a tennis event is prohibited while a match is in progress. Being a parent, coach, etc. does not endow special privileges. With the only exception of the right to remove their own child from competition at any time, a parent or coach is merely a spectator.
USTA Texas "No Late Entries" Policy for Juniors Due to a new USTA Texas internal procedure, junior division players will NOT be able to register for a tournament after the online published deadline. We are aware that currently parents reach out via email or phone to the USTA Texas staff and/or tournament director requesting to be manually added to the tournament after online registration has closed. If a player misses the registration deadline, then he/she will not be permitted to participate in that tournament
Registration Confirmation: As a parent or player it is your responsibility to assure registration in the event. Regardless if you register on the website or mobile app after completing the registration you should visit the USTA web driven site and confirm your registration by finding the player in the applicants list. If you select to skip this process please be aware that should any malfunctions of the system occur, players will not be granted late entrance in the event due to a system error.
Let your Love of Tennis put extra cash in your pocket!
Become a Tennis Official Today https://www.usta.com/en/home/about-usta/who-we-are/national/Become-An-Official.html
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:59:00 PM Central Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 800004819 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.