IMPORTANT INFORMATION- Location & Contacts!
All Matches will be played at Bay Area Racquet Club (BARC). 17901 Kings Park Ln. Houston, TX 77058.
Junior Singles- Best 2 out of 3, no ad scoring sets. 10 point match tiebreak in lieu of a third set.
Orange & Green Ball Singles- Best 2 out of 3, no ad short sets to 4 games. 7 point tiebreak in lieu of a third set.
Parent-Child Divisions- (1) 8 game pro set, no ad scoring. 7 point tiebreak at 8 games all.
Husband-Wife, Mother-Son, Mother-Daughter, Father-Son, Father-Daughter- (1) 8 game pro set, regular scoring. 7 point tiebreak at 8 games all.
Please Text Eric 832-428-5048 with any questions or withdrawals.
Be ready for a fun, family event where children and parents are on court competing together, supporting one another and enjoying the best sport in the world with the ones you love most!!!!
Tournament Hotel- Courtyard by Marriott Clear Lake- AMAZING RATES for Tennis Families!!
Mention Bay Area Racquet Club when making reservations by telephone.
Hotel – 281.333.0220 or National Reservations – 888.236.2427
Book your corporate
rate for Bay Area Racquet Club
• New Hotel - Opened Summer 2012
• Newest Marriott Property in Clear Lake
• (17) Miles From Hobby Airport
• (47) Miles from George Bush (IAH) Airport
• Complimentary Self-Parking
• 24 Hour Business Library
• Boarding Pass Station
• 52” Interactive GoBoard Puts Local Restaurants, Area Maps, News Headlines And Weather At Your Finger Tips
• On-Site Guest Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services Available
• On-Site Bistro Restaurant Serving Breakfast, Dinner and Evening Beer, Wine and Cocktail Services
• 24-hour Market Store - Features a Variety of Sundries
• Starbucks Services through Bistro Restaurant
• Restaurants Within Walking Distance of Hotel
• 124 Spacious Guestrooms and Suites
• 32” Flat Screen Televisions
• Ergonomic Work Desk
• Complimentary Wireless Internet
• In-Room Refrigerator and Coffeemaker
• Complimentary Workout Facility
• Outdoor Pool and Splash Pad
• Soft Seating Outdoor Patio with Water Features
• Nearby Recreational Options for Water Sports
• Adjacent to NASA /Space Center Houston
• Five Miles From Kemah Boardwalk
Junior Open Information and Schedule
Check out our Junior Open Page at our Youth Tennis Texas site!
Youth Tennis Texas Website:
For more information on Challenger, CMZ, or SCMZ schedules, and "Junior Know The Rules," please visit www.youthtennistexas.com
Excessive Overrule Guideline: The USTA Texas Officials Committee along with the Competitive Department has established a guideline in reference to excessive overrules as clarified in the Friend at Court. This guideline states "Once a player has been overruled for a second time in a match, they will be cautioned that after another overrule, they will be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct under the point penalty system."
When Registering for the event, please enter in accurate division:
Parent Child Doubles (Yellow Ball) Division is for Novice full court players.
Parent Child Doubles (Green Ball) Division is for juniors still playing green ball level. Parent Child Doubles (Orange Ball) Division is for juniors playing orange ball level.
If you are unsure of what division to enroll for please call Eric on his cell at 832-428-5048 or email: email@example.com
ATTENTION ALL SPECTATORS
(INCLUDES PARENTS, COACHES, RELATIVES, FRIENDS, ETC.)
In an effort to promote a more enjoyable and fair experience for all, the following policy is in immediate force and effect, and shall be diligently and stringently enforced. USTA Texas has implemented a “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy for improper behavior.
1. Any attempt by a spectator to speak to the official in an abusive or disrespectful manner regarding a line call or other ruling during match play shall be cause for immediate removal from the playing area and, if warranted, from the premises.
2. Any spectator behavior deemed unacceptable towards a player, other spectator or staff member shall be cause for immediate removal from the playing area or the entire premises. If said behavior is directed towards a player, either before, during or after a tournament, it shall result in an automatic and immediate suspension of that spectator’s right to attend USTA Texas tournaments, for a period of time to be determined by the USTA Texas Discipline and Grievance Committee.
3. Refusal to adhere to a removal request shall trigger immediate enforcement of the point penalty system against the player with whom the spectator is involved (per point penalty system regulations), including possible immediate default from the tournament.
4. The On-Site Official is the SOLE judge regarding unacceptable behavior.
Inappropriate umpire/spectator communication, whether it be about a ruling or any other facet of a tennis event is prohibited while a match is in progress. Being a parent, coach, etc. does not endow special privileges. With the only exception of the right to remove their own child from competition at any time, a parent or coach is merely a spectator.
USTA Texas "No Late Entries" Policy for Juniors Due to a new USTA Texas internal procedure, junior division players will NOT be able to register for a tournament after the online published deadline. We are aware that currently parents reach out via email or phone to the USTA Texas staff and/or tournament director requesting to be manually added to the tournament after online registration has closed. If a player misses the registration deadline, then he/she will not be permitted to participate in that tournament
Registration Confirmation: As a parent or player it is your responsibility to assure registration in the event. Regardless if you register on the website or mobile app after completing the registration you should visit the USTA web driven site and confirm your registration by finding the player in the applicants list. If you select to skip this process please be aware that should any malfunctions of the system occur, players will not be granted late entrance in the event due to a system error.
Let your Love of Tennis put extra cash in your pocket!
Become a Tennis Official Today https://www.usta.com/en/home/about-usta/who-we-are/national/Become-An-Official.html
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 21, 2019 11:59:00 PM Central Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 800004719 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.