About the NTRP National Championships:
* Men’s and women’s 18 & over and 50 & over
* 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 divisions (5.0 available in 18 & over only)
* Singles and doubles * Non-elimination draws with two matches per day Friday through Sunday IF DIVISIONS FILL TO CAPACITY. SOME DIVISIONS MAY PLAY FEWER MATCHES EACH DAY DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF AVAILABLE TEAMS.
* Fast Four: Best-of-three sets to four games, no-ad scoring, tiebreak at 3-3 all
* Tiebreak is first to 5 points, win by one
* Eight four-player round robins play into four eight-player, single-elimination draws
All of the following ratings will be accepted:
* 2017 or 2018 Year End Computer Rating (or “C” rating).
* If you do not have a 2017 or 2018 Year End Computer Rating, you may qualify with your 2016 Year End Computer Rating. If you do not have a 2016 Year End Computer Rating, you may qualify with your 2015 Year End Computer Rating.
* 2017 or 2018 Year End Tournament Exclusive Rating (or “T” rating)
* Self ratings ("S") and Mixed ratings ("M") do not qualify.
- *If a player has a “T” rating, but then self rates, we will allow that player to play using their “T” rating, even though that “T” rating is not published anymore.
TOURNAMENT TUNE UP CLINIC
The Surprise Tennis and Racquet Complex will be offering a Pre-Tournament Tune-Up Clinic for players in the 2019 USTA National NTRP Doubles Championships. Get accustomed to the Arizona sunshine and our Plexipave Hardcourts.
Clinic is from 10:30 AM-12:00 Noon on Thursday, April 4, 2019
Space is limited to the first 16 paid registrants.
Reserve your spot by calling 623.222.2400
Fee is $20 per participant and due at the time of registration.
Practice Courts are available at no cost to the players in the 2019 USTA NTRP National Doubles Championships (50+) on Thursday, April 4th in ONE HOUR INCREMENTS. Please call 623.222.2400 on Wednesday, April 3rd to book your practice court per City of Surprise 24 Hour court reservation policy. Players arriving earlier than Thursday will be required to pay applicable court fees prior to April 4th.
FORMAT OF PLAY
Welcome to NTRP Nationals!
To ensure that you make the most out of all your matches this weekend, please take a moment to read over the format of play. Good luck and see you on the court!
Each division will consist of 8, 4-player round robin draws that will play off into 4, 8-player single elimination draws. Based on where you finish in your initial round robin will determine which subsequent single elimination draw you feed into. If your division does not fill with 32 competitors, we will adjust the draw format to ensure the best player experience.
Best of three short sets.
First to 4 games wins the set.
No-ad scoring will be used. At 3 points all, next point wins the game. The receiver chooses which side the point is played.
TIEBREAKER AT 3 GAMES ALL:
Tiebreaker:• First to 5 points.
• 2 points serving each (starting deuce side).
• Change ends once only after 4 points.
• If Tiebreaker reaches 4 – 4 it’s “next point wins” the set.
• Player A—2 points serving
• Player B—2 points serving
• Change ends• Player A (or Player C in doubles)—2 points serving• Player B (or Player D in doubles)—2 points serving
• If TB reaches 4-4 players do not switch sides.Players come to net for a racquet spin—winner of spin decides to serve or receive. Receiver(s) chooses which side the point is played.
Please contact the following hotel for special USTA Tournament Rates:
Hampton Inn and Suites
14783 W Grand Ave
Surprise, AZ 85374
Rooms starting at $109
Holiday Inn ExpressCall (623) 975-5540 and say you are with the USTA NTRP Championships for discounted rates. All rates are based on availability.
Residence Inn Call (623) 249-6333 and say you are with the USTA NTRP Championships for discounted rates. All rates are based on availability.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:59:00 PM Arizona Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 750001819 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.