Girls 18's Alternate List - Updated August 3rd. 7:15 pm PST
Girls 16's Alternate List - Updated August 2nd. 9:00 pm PST
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE GIRLS' NATIONALS
Go to www.ustagirlsnationals.com Click on "more info"
Withdrawing from the Tournament
If you need to withdraw from the main singles draw or back draw and/or doubles event, you must notify a Tournament Director and the Tournament Referee before leaving the facility. If the reason is due to injury or illness, you must meet with the Trainer before leaving Barnes Tennis Center to receive written verification.
If a player withdraws from the main singles draw due to illness or injury, but wishes to play the Feed In Consolation draw, she must notify a Tournament Director and the Referee by 5 p.m. on the day prior to the FIC match.
Tournament Daily Wrap-Up
At the end of each day of the tournament, a summary and a wrap-up of the day's action will be sent via email. To receive the daily email, sign up at: bit.ly/Nationals_Signup
Wild Cards Awarded for US Open!!
Girls' 18 Singles Champion - US Open: Singles Main Draw & US Open Juniors: Singles Main Draw*
Girls' 18 Doubles Champions - US Open: Doubles Main Draw & US Open Juniors: Doubles Main Draw (Same partner only)*
Girls' 18 Singles Finalist - US Open: Singles Qualifying & US Open Juniors: Singles Main Draw*
Girls' 18 Singles 3rd Place - US Open Juniors: Singles Main Draw*
Girls' 18 Singles 4th Place - US Open Juniors: Qualifying Draw*
Girls' 18 Singles 5th Place - US Open Juniors: Qualifying Draw*
Girls' 16 Singles Champion - US Open Juniors: Singles Main Draw
*Players must be age eligible according to the ITF rules to accept ITF Junior Wilds Cards.
*** IMPORTANT to ALL PLAYERS*** MATCH TENNIS APP
We are excited to provide our entrants with the highest quality tournament experience!Please register for Match Tennis App. We will be using Match Tennis App during our tournament for the following:
1. Important Tournament Notifications- you must register to receive automatic email messages for (rain delays, schedule changes, draw changes etc.) instead of having to check the website over and over.
2. “Doubles Pairing” – Privatized Service (Find a doubles partner for our tournament. Register, add your name to the list, and connect with others looking)
3. “Find a Warm-Up Partner” Privatized Service (Find a partner to warm-up with before your matches. Register, Add your name to the list, and connect with others looking)
In order to receive all important Tournament notifications, YOU MUST register. Enter promo code “CA-27070” during registration for free access. You must register through the website before you can use the mobile app. No Credit Card Required. Please click the “more info” link below to register.
• Main Draw Singles (including play off for 3rd & 4th place): Best of 3 Tiebreak sets
• Feed-In Championship: Best of 3 Tiebreak sets with a 10-Point Match Tiebreak in Lieu of a 3rd set; regular scoring.
• Doubles Matches: The best of 3 Tiebreak sets shall be used in the semifinal, final, and playoff for 3rd place. All other doubles matches shall use the best of 3 Tiebreak sets with a 10-Point Match Tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set; regular scoring.
The NSL of ------------ will be use for selections. If you have any questions about the "selection process" please email the Jr. Comp. Dept. We do not have any answers to these questions.
No entry fee is charged if a player withdraws before entries close. By USTA rule, no refund is guaranteed after entries close.
College Coaches Recruitment Forum - NEW!!
When: Saturday, August 3rd, 11 am - 2:30 pm
Where: Barnes Tennis Center
From 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, rising juniors and seniors in high school
can met with College Coaches.
From 2 - 2:30 pm, all players and parents can attend a Panel Question &Answer
with College Coaches
Ice & Water
"Players are advised to bring their own ice & water supplies..Thank you."
Tentative Daily Schedule
Saturday, August 3
Matches begin at 8:00 am - Barnes Tennis Center (BTC),
San Diego State University (SDSU) and Balboa Tennis Club. Girls 16s singles (round 256)
Girls 16s doubles (round 128)
Sunday, August 4
Matches begin at 8:00 am at Barnes Tennis Center, SDSU and Balboa.
Girls 16s singles (Round 128) Girls 16s Consolation singles, Girls 18s singles (Round 256) Girls 16s doubles (Round 64) Girls 18s doubles starts (Round 128)
Monday, August 5
Matches begin at 8:00 am at Barnes Tennis Center, SDSU, and Balboa.
Girls 16s singles (Round 64) Girls 18s singles (Round 128) Girls 18s Consolation singles, Girls 18s doubles
Tuesday, August 6
Matches begin at 8:00 am at Barnes Tennis Center, SDSU, and Balboa.
Girls 16s singles (Round 32) Girls 18s singles, Girls 16s doubles (1 round)
Wednesday, August 7
Matches begin at 8:00 am at Barnes Tennis Center and SDSU.
Girls 16s singles (Round of 16) Girls 18s singles (Round of 32) Girls 16s doubles (Round 16)
Girls 18s doubles (Round 32)
Thursday, August 8
Matches begin at 8:30 am at Barnes Tennis Center and SDSU.
Girls 16s singles (Quarterfinals) Girls 18s singles (Round of 16)
Girls 16s doubles (Quarterfinals)
Girls 18s doubles (Round 16)
Friday, August 9
Matches begin at 9:00 am at Barnes Tennis Center
Girls 16s singles (Semifinals) Girls 18s singles (Quarterfinals) Girls 16s doubles (Semifinals) Girls 18s doubles (Quarterfinals)
Saturday, August 10
Matches begin at 9:00 am at Barnes Tennis Center
Girls 16s singles (Finals & 3rd place playoff, Consolation Final )
Girls 16s doubles (Finals & 3rd place playoff) Girls 18s singles (Semifinals) Girls 18s doubles (Semifinals)
Sunday, August 11
Matches begin at 10:00 am at Barnes Tennis Center
Girls 18s singles (Finals & 3rd place playoff, Consolation Final)
Girls 18s doubles (Finials and 3rd place playoff)
The primary site for play is Barnes Tennis Center, 4490 W. Point Loma Blvd., San Diego, CA 92107. From Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 through Sunday, August 11th, 2019
Play will also be at San Diego State University (SDSU), Remington Rd., San Diego, CA 92115 and Balboa Tennis Club, 2221 Morley Field Dr, San Diego, CA 92104 There are parking fees at SDSU. All courts are outdoor, hard, and lighted.Checking in for your Match
You must check in personally at the Tournament Desk of your site 15 minutes before your
scheduled match time. The USTA time default procedure will be in effect.
Warm-up time with your opponent(s) is limited to 5 MINUTES and will be strictly enforced.
Practice serves must be taken within this period.
In accordance with the 2019 USTA National Tournament Regulations, singles matches are the best of 3 tiebreak sets in the main draw and best of three tiebreak sets, with a ten-point tiebreak in lieu of a third set, in the consolation draws. In doubles matches, there is a tiebreak in lieu of a third set until the semifinals when it changes to best of 3 tiebreak sets. In matches when a match tie break is played in lieu of a third set, there is a mandatory three-minute rest break, during which coaching may occur.
The Foot Fault rule will be enforced during this championship.
Coaching of any kind by parents or personal coaches during a match will make the
player subject to a Code Violation. Parents and coaches are never permitted on the
courts during play. Any sort of unsportsmanlike conduct will NOT be tolerated.
THE USTA POINT PENALTY SYSTEM WILL BE IN EFFECT.
THE USTA SUSPENSION POINT SYSTEM WILL BE IN EFFECT.
Playing in the Back Draw
All players that lose in the main draw of the tournament will be placed in the Feed-In Championship (back draw). The back draw is mandatory for all participants. Players will feed into the back draw through the quarterfinals.
Playing on Show Courts
Each day, we will be scheduling feature matches at Barnes Tennis Center on the Stadium Court and selected others. Here is how it works: Show court matches will begin at 8:00 a.m. on most days of the tournament.
- Barnes Tennis Center, 4490 West Point Loma Blvd, San Diego, Ca. 92107
* 16 practice courts are set aside for players at the Barnes Tennis Center on Thursday, August 1 and Friday, August 2
* No charge. No advance reservations taken. Courts will be assigned on a "first come first served" basis.
* Players must "double up" if other players are waiting.
* Courts will be assigned from the Tournament Desk.
- Balboa Tennis Club, 2221 Morley Field Dr., San Diego, Ca. 92104
Practice courts will be available prior to and during the tournament.
Please note the following guidelines for securing a court:
* To make a reservation for a court, call 619-295-9278 and identify yourself as a player in the USTA Girls' Nationals Hardcourts.
* Reservations may be made 1 week in advance for 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours.
* To secure a reservation, payment ($10 per player for the entire day) must be made in advance. NO REFUNDS.
* NO TEACHING BUCKETS OR BALL HOPPERS ALLOWED! 4 BALLS MAXIMUM PER COURT.
* Players and coaches must follow all the rules and regulations of the Balboa Tennis Club.
Peninsula Tennis Club (Robb Field), 2525 Bacon St. Ocean Beach
* 10 practice courts are reserved and available to players at no fee beginning Saturday, August 3rd and ending
Wednesday, August 7.
Players will be accommodated before and after these dates on an availability basis.
* No advance reservations will be taken. Courts are available on a "first come first served" basis.
* Players are required to "double up" on courts, if players are waiting.
- Global Tennis Network Go to globaltennisnetwork.com for a complete listing of every tennis court in San Diego.
BARNS = BARNES TENNIS CENTER
Barnes Tennis Center - 4490 W Point Loma Blvd, San Diego, CA 92107
BALBO = Balboa Tennis Club
Balboa Tennis Club
2221 Morley Field Road, San Diego, CA 92104
SDSU = San Diego State (SDSU) Varsity Tennis Courts
5375 Remington Road, San Diego, CA 92182
Be sure to read the parking instructions for SDSU.
This event will use the Wilson US Open "Regular Duty" Ball
USTA National Championships: Singles Selection Process for Boys' & Girls'
18 &16 Divisions
Note: The selection procedure for USTA National Championships has changed, effective
January 1, 2015. Adjustments have been made and are shown below.
SINGLES SELECTION PROCEDURES:
Each Tournament Committee shall accept players who have submitted timely entries and
successful wild card applicants into the singles draw of a USTA National Championship in the
*Winner of designated Sectional Ranking Tournament - The USTA National Championships
only. Age Eligible players who win the singles event at a designated Sectional Ranking
Tournament shall be selected for the same division of The USTA National Championship.
* Players on Direct Acceptance List for USTA National Clay Court Championships and The
*USTA National Championships in the 18 and 16 Divisions only.
• 18 Divisions. Up to 32 players shall be accepted in the order in which their names appear
on the list.
• 16 Divisions. Up to 16 players shall be accepted in the order in which their names appear
on the list.
*Players Within Sectional Associations’ Quotas: Players not previously selected who are on
the Sectional Endorsement Lists and within the established Sectional quota, and who have
submitted timely entries shall be accepted in the order determined by the Sectional
* Endorsed Players on National Standings List: The Tournament Committee shall fill the
remaining spots in the draw, except for those spots reserved for wild card recipients with
endorsed players remaining on the most recently published National Standings List in the
order in which their names appear.
* Wild Cards: The Tournament Committee shall accept those junior players granted wild
cards by the USTA Wild Card Committee. Wild card recipients do not need Sectional
endorsement, however the Sectional office must approve a player’s wild card
application. Overall wild card limits are 8 wild cards per age division for the USTA National
* Additional players on National Standings List. If the Wild Card Committee awards fewer
than the maximum number of wild cards, the Tournament Committee shall fill the
remaining sports in the draw with endorsed players remaining on the National Standings
List used to accept players into the draw.
• Alternate List: The Tournament Committee shall prepare an alternate list of those
endorsed players not accepted into the singles main draw. Alternates shall be ordered using the
National Standings List used to accept players into the draw to fill remaining vacancies. Late
entrants who are eligible for selection shall be listed below these players by the date and time
on which the late entry is made. If multiple late entries are received at the same time, they
shall be ordered by lot. Late entrants are not ordered by position on the National Standings
• Replacement of Player Before Draw is Made: The Tournament Committee shall replace a
player who withdraws or is otherwise removed but was accepted as part of a Section’s quota
with the next player on that Section’s endorsement list. If no players remain on a Sectional
Endorsement List, the player shall be replaced with the highest remaining alternate. The
Tournament Committee shall replace a player who was NOT accepted as part of a Section’s
quota with next highest remaining alternate.
• Replacement of Player Before Draw is Made: Winner of designated Sectional Ranking
Tournament accepted into The USTA National Championships. The Tournament
Committee shall replace a winner of a designated Sectional Ranking Tournament accepted into
The USTA National Championships with the next player on the Sectional Endorsement List from
the winner’s Sectional Association. If no players remain on a Sectional Endorsement List, the
player shall be replaced with the highest remaining alternate.
• Replacement of Player Before Draw is Made: All other players. The Tournament Committee
* a player accepted from a Direct Acceptance List;
* a wild card recipient;
* an endorsed player accepted from the National Standings List used to accept players into
the draw pursuant to Regulation XIII.D.5.; and
* a player accepted from the alternate list.
with the highest listed remaining alternate.
This event is restricted to the following Jr. players: U.S. Citizens;
Permanent Resident Aliens; Diplomats, Refugees/Asylees; CTA. Refer to
USTA Regulation III.A.2a.
Players are selected from a variety of National Lists and generally require Section endorsement.
Entry to this tournament is restricted. To see how entrants will be selected, follow the “Selection Process” link to the left. It is the player’s responsibility to check the selection list(s) after registering online to be sure that a check mark appears beside the player’s name on the list, in order to insure proper registration. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:59:00 AM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 650002319 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.