This tournament is not sanctioned and will not count for ranking by the governing organization.
Important Tournament Messages (Weather Updates, etc)
Sun 6:00 am: Weather looks good. We are on schedule to start matches at 9:00 am this morning.
Sat 5:45 pm: All match scores entered. Please check the site at 6:00 am tomorrow for weather update.
Sat 11:00 am: Rain has held off. We are going to begin play today at 1:00 pm.
Sat 5:15 am: Rain has delayed the tournament 4 hours. First matches are now at 1pm. Check back at 11am for an update.
Fri 2:20 pm: Update: rain is possible tomorrow. Rain delay decision will be made at 6am Saturday morning.
Thu 12:15 pm: Girls 18s doubles draw 1 correction made.
Thu 8:00 am: Draws posted online. Info and waiver form e-mailed to all participants.
Gordon Moore Park
The tournament will be held at the Bud Simpson Tennis Center at Gordon Moore Park at 4550 College Ave, Alton, IL 62002.
To reduce exposure risk, the following precautions will be taken:
1) A limit of 2 spectators per player
2) All spectators and players (while not playing) must wear face masks
3) Spectators and players must bring their own chairs, water, towels(no water fountain)
4) Players must sanitize hands before and after each match
5) Players will be given their own tennis balls and will only usethose when serving
6) Players changing sides will maintain a 6 foot distance. Verbal"Nice match" instead of handshake at end of match.
7) Inside of pro shop will not be used more info
IMPORTANT: Items to Bring Checklist
1) Tennis Racquets (balls will be provided)
2) Mask (players and spectators must have)
3) Water and Ice (must have)
4) Portable Chair (players and spectators must have)
5) Umbrella for shade (highly recommended)
6) Towels (players must have)
7) Hand Sanitizer
All matches will be no-ad scoring and short sets to 4 instead of 6. A 10-point tiebreaker will be played in lieu of a third set. "No ad" means that at 3 points all (deuce), the receiver picks the side for the serve and the winner of the point wins the game. A "short set to 4" means that you can win a set 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, or 5-3. At 4-4 a regular 7-point tiebreaker is played to decide the set.
Tennis for all Riverbend Middle and High School players -
practice, JV, and Varsity - at the Simpson Tennis Center at Gordon
Boys and Girls 12 and under, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Singles and Doubles
Just $20 for singles and $10 for doubles
No paid USTA membership needed and no points or stars will be
Everyone is guaranteed two matches!
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to USTA Members, USTA Members who have an expired membership and Non-USTA Members. Entries must be submitted by Monday, July 27, 2020 11:59:00 PM Central Time.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 404909120 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.