To reduce exposure risk, the following precautions will be taken:
1) A limit of 2 spectators per player
2) All spectators and players (while not playing) must wear face masks
3) Spectators and players must bring their own chairs, water, towels(no water fountain)
4) Players must sanitize hands before and after each match
5) Players will be given their own tennis balls and will only usethose when serving
6) Players changing sides will maintain a 6 foot distance. Verbal"Nice match" instead of handshake at end of match.
7) Inside of pro shop will not be used.
IMPORTANT: Items to Bring Checklist
1) Waiver Form
2) Mask (players and spectators must have)
3) Water and Ice (must have)
4) Portable Chair (players and spectators must have)
5) Umbrella for shade (highly recommended)
6) Towels (players must have)
7) Hand Sanitizer
8) Bug Spray, Sunscreen, Electrolytes
All games will be best 2 out of 3 sets with no - ad scoring. All third sets will be a tiebreak - first to 10 by 2. In the event of extreme heat, or rain or high turnout, we may go to short sets to 4 games.
Location Gordon Moore Park
The regular entrance to Gordon Moore Park is closed. Take the new entrance that is 2 blocks before (west of) the stop light. Once in the park follow signs to the golf course. Go past the golf course and the road will end at the tennis center. Gordon Moore Park is at 4550 College Ave, Alton, IL 62002.
If you don't have an NTRP rating you must self-rate. Click the link below, or go to the USTA League tab and click the blue Self-Rate box. Answer a few questions and select the rating that suites your game. If you aren't sure what level to select, please, contact the tournament director or call the USTA office, 314-341-8371.
The Alton Open now has NTRP levels, including 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0
men's and women's singles. You can also play men's or women's
doubles 7.0 or 8.0 (combined NTRP). No NTRP? No problem! We can
help you through the SELF-RATE process (see NTRP note). Enter the
NTRP levels and be assured of competitive tennis! You can also
still enter the Open divisions for the very highest level of
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Monday, July 6, 2020 11:59:00 PM Central Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 404912120 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.