For NOAA forecast and radar, click "more info"
Sunday Morning Chapel Service
A 15-20-minute non-denominational chapel service will be held at Rome Floyd Tennis Center on Sunday at 7:15 a.m.. The courts will be open by 6:30 for warm-up. The service should end in time to make an 8:00 match at the satellite sites.
EMAIL ADDRESS NEEDED !!!!!!!
Important information WILL BE EMAILED to you BEFORE and DURING the tournament.
* ALL Georgia players are eligible to play in the Challenger.
* Draws sizes are unlimited. If you enter you will be accepted to play.
* Players in the 12, 14, and 16 age divisions who are ranked in the top
30 in the May 15 Georgia Standings used for Peach State Closed Qualifying selections must enter singles in the next older age division.
* This restriction does not apply to players in the 10 and 18 age
divisions. 18's may enter their natural age division regardless of
* 10 and under players must enter the divisions for which they are eligible.
* This restriction applies to singles entries only. Players may enter any doubles age division for which they are age eligible
* Players ranked in the top 30 in the May rankings used for
Peach State Closed Qualifying selections will be moved to the next higher age division
without any notice by the tournament.
Match Scoring Formats
• Because of heat and the compressed format being
used at the Challenger...
• BG 12-18 singles matches will play 2 sets with a
Match Tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set.
• BG10 singles will play 2 first-to-4 games short sets with a 7-pt set Tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set..
• ALL doubles will play 8-game pro-sets with a first to 7-pt tiebreak at 8-all.
3-Minute Coaching Break
· In matches playing a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set
there will be a 3-minute coaching break between the end of the second
set and the match-deciding tiebreak. · This 3-minute break is treated the same as the 2-minute set break between first and second sets, except that players may receive coaching on the court.
· Coaching may be received via cell phone during this 3-minute on-court break only.
· Players may not leave the court. unless requesting a toilet break. The toilet break will be taken after the 3-minute coaching break. No coaching is allowed during the toilet break for either player.
Withdrawals and Refunds
you withdraw online before entries close, there is no penalty and your
entry fee will be credited by the TennisLink entry system.
there are fewer than 7 days until the start of the tournament, if you
withdraw after entries close, there will be no refund regardless of
Rest periods between singles matches
The following policy will be implemented: When players are scheduled to play 2 singles matches in one day, they will be offered a rest period equal to the length of their first match, with a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 3 hours, This rest period guideline does not apply to doubles or 10 and under events.
Note: Players must contact the referee immediately after their match if the next scheduled match time must be delayed to allow sufficient rest. ***** Players will be expected to report on time for their next match if they do not request an extension from the referee at the conclusion of their first match.
Medical Release Form
As you already know, everyone must have a signed "Parent" medical release form at check-in. You can print one from the Internet or just fill one out when you check in. DON'T MAIL, or fax, the release to us. To print a form, click "more info".
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
Hobson Way, Rome,
• Standard King and 2 Queen Bed Guest Rooms:
$124.00 + tax. Tennis rate not
applicable for suites.
• Tennis Rate available only if you book with the hotel
directly at 706-232-0021. Or through link provided under “more info”
• Two week cutoff date for the tournaments: Rooms must be
booked two weeks prior to arrival to be guaranteed the tennis rate. Rooms booked after cutoff date will no longer
have tennis discount applied.
• All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, and 42-inch Flat
Panel HD TV.
• Complimentary Hot Full Breakfast Buffet.
Center and Business Center
on site. The location DOES NOT
have a pool
• Cancellation Policy: Guests must cancel 24
hours in advance to not be charged for the first night. This must be done by
6PM the night prior to arrival.
• Early Check out: Must check out by 11:00 on
the day of check out. Checkouts after 11am are subject to another night’s charge.
LA QUINTA INN & SUITES
15 Chateau Drive, Rome, GA, 30161, Phone 706-291-1034, Fax 706-291-1036, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Rates: Standard King or Double Queen Room $99.00 plus tax, suites upgrade upon availability with additional charges.
· Rates listed above are for one or two people only.
· Tennis rate is available only if you book with the hotel directly at 706-291-1034.
· Special rate is offered up to 14 days prior to 1st day of the tournament.
· All rooms have microwave, fridge, and TV
· Complimentary Hot Full Breakfast Buffet
· Amenities offered are pool, fitness center, business center, and guest laundry.
· Cancellation Policy: call 24 hours prior to arrival to cancel without any charge.
· Early check outs: Must check out by 12 pm on the day of desired departure.
· Late check outs times are negotiable at front desk and depends on availability..
Grace Dr., Rome,
30161, 706-291-7797, Fax 706-291-6858, email@example.com
• Guest Rooms: $89.00 + tax
rooms have 37" flat-screen TV, fridge, and microwave.
• FREE High Speed Wireless Internet, Indoor pool
open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness
Center, Complimentary USA
Today, Free Showtime Movie Channel.
• Deluxe Continental Breakfast including
biscuits and gravy, Belgian waffles, variety of grits/oatmeal, fruit, and much,
• Cancellation Policy: Cancel by 4:00 PM the day
before arrival to avoid one night's room charge.
AMERICA'S BEST VALUE INN
Cedartown Hwy SE, Rome, GA 30161, Phone: (706)235-1717. Fax: (706) 378-0008.
• Hotel is near Georgia
and Darlington School
• 36 Rooms with Micro Fridge, Coffee Pot, Iron
and Board , High Speed Internet
• Continental Breakfast.
• Only 6 miles to Rome
Center, 3 minutes from Darlington School.
• Guest rooms: KING BED $59.95 + tax, Two DOUBLE BEDS $69.95 +
• Rate is available by calling hotel directly at
• Cancellation policy: Cancel by 6:00 pm two
days before arrival to avoid penalty.
BAYMONT INN and SUITES
2209 Shorter Avenue, Rome, GA 30165, (706)
802-1223, Fax (706) 802-0135, Baymont.Rome@gmail.com
• Rooms are completely renovated. All rooms are
• Rooms have refrigerator, microwave, Iron and
ironing board , Hair dryer, Coffee pot, Free Wireless Internet, Free Parking
• Free Continental Breakfast.
• Guest rooms: 2 Queen Beds $98.00 + tax,
• KING Suite
with sleeper sofa $108.00 + tax. (Rates are based 2 adults, children 17 and
under are free.)
• Rate is available by calling hotel directly at
• Cancellation policy: Cancel by 6:00 pm 24
hours prior to arrival to avoid penalty.
COUNTRY INN and SUITES
Hobson Way, Rome,
• Standard King or 2 Queen Beds: $99.00 + tax. Tennis rate not applicable for suites.
• Tennis Rate available only if you book with the
hotel directly at 706-232-3380. Hotel will not match tennis rates for
reservations made through other venues.
• Two week cutoff date for the tournaments:
Rooms must be booked two weeks prior to arrival to be guaranteed the tennis
rate. Rooms booked after cutoff date
will no longer have tennis discount applied.
• THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES is Rome’s finest award
winning hotel, offering amenities comparable to upper scale hotels such as:
expanded breakfast bar, free high speed internet access, out-door pool,
micro-fridge and microwave in all rooms, and much more.
• For some it’s the cozy accommodations,
breakfast and great rates. For others it’s the little things we do with the
personal touches of home.
• Cancellation Policy: Adjustments to arrival
dates must be made 24 hours prior to arrival. Reservations cancelled after 24
hour cutoff are subject to first night’s stay.
• Early Check out: Must check out by 12:00 noon
on the day of check out. Check outs after noon will be charged an additional
COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
Riverwalk, 320 West 3rd Street, Rome, GA 30165
• King + Sleeper Sofa $162.00 + tax or Double
Queens $172.00 + tax. Parking $5.00 per day.
• A block of rooms is being held until 4/26/19. After that
date, call hotel for rates and availability.
• To book at the group rate online, click "more info"
• If you call
706-295-7006 to make reservations, refer to "MTA Georgia State Jr".
• Located across the street from the Downtown Tennis Center.
• The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard
Rome provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. At the center of
it all is The Bistro, your destination for a great breakfast, or dinner during
the evening. Take in the relaxing views of the river on our outdoor patio while
sitting by the fire pit.
• Free Hi-speed internet; Fitness Center;
• Starbucks on site.
• Cancellation policy - Cancel 48 hours prior to
6:00 pm day of arrival to avoid 1 night charge.
• Early Check-out penalty is $50.00.
McCall Blvd., Rome,
• Guest Rooms: $92.00 + tax.
• Business Center, Free Wireless High Speed
Internet, Gym/Fitness Center, Meeting/banquet Space, Swimming Pool
• Free Daybreak Breakfast
• Free Local Calls and 800 # Access
• All rooms have: Microwave, Refrigerator, Alarm
Clock, Hairdryer, Iron and Ironing Board
• Copy and Fax Service
• Coffee Maker In All Rooms, RV - Bus Parking.
• Cancellation policy: Cancel 24 hours prior to 4 PM the day of arrival to avoid a one-night charge.
390 Dodd Blvd SE, Rome, GA,
• King Room: $59.99, 2 Doubles: $64.99 +
• Free Wireless Internet access
• Complimentary continental breakfast
• Free local calls plus 800 access
• All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, coffee
maker (irons, ironing boards and hair dryer available at front desk)
• Copy and fax service
• All rooms are indoor corridor
• Cancellation policy - Cancel 24 hours prior to
6:00 pm day of arrival to avoid 1 night charge.
reserve online, click "more info".
110 W. Second
• Standard King Room: $ 159.00 (+15% Tax).
• Large room on river with balcony and 2 Queen
beds, or King suite with full kitchen, separate living room with sleeper sofa:
$ 189.00 (+15% Tax)
• To check availability click on "more
• "Hawthorn Suites is located inside a 115
year old renovated warehouse in the heart of downtown Rome, Georgia.
It is within walking distance to most all types of shops and restaurants the
city has to offer. Also for your convenience, Hawthorn Suites is 2-3 blocks
from the Downtown Tennis Center
and only 4.6 miles from Rome Tennis Center
at Berry College. Ace your night's sleep before
the big match with Hawthorn Suites! We serve up free wi-fi, free parking, and a
grand slam breakfast. At the end of a long day hit our beds for the sweet
• 2 night minimum reservation per room.
• Cancellation Policies: ** 48-hour Cancellation
- Guests have until 48 hours before check-in date to cancel without penalty.
Late cancellations and No-Shows will be charged additional fee of one night at
** Early Check-out penalty: Guests who depart
before reserved check-out date will be charged an additional fee of one night
at room rate.
Draw size is unlimited, so enter the age division in which you
want to play. There is no selection process.
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Entries must be submitted by Monday, May 27, 2019 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 703457819 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.