Welcome to the Girls 18's National Team Championships. This tournament is a team event consisting of 16 USTA sections throughout the country, playing a non-elimination compass draw format.
Here are the team results for Friday, for detailed team results, please click on the results link above:
- Finals: Southern def. Midwest 4-3
- 3rd place: Texas def. Southern California 5-2
- 5th place: Florida def. Middle States 5-2
- 7th place: Missouri Valley def. Mid-Atlantic 5-2
- 9th place: Northern California def. Eastern 4-3
- 11th place: Pacific Northwest def. Intermountain 4-3
- 13th place: Southwest def. New England 5-2
- 15th place: Northern def. Hawaii Pacific 4-3
Here are the team results for Thursday, for detailed team results, please click on the results link above:
- (4) Southern def. (1) Southern California 5-2
- (2) Midwest def. (3) Texas 4-3
- (5-8) Middle States def. (5-8) Mid-Atlantic 4-3
- (5-8) Florida def. (5-8) Missouri Valley 5-2
- Eastern def. Pacific Northwest 5-2
- Northern California def. Intermountain 4-3
- Southwest def. Hawaii Pacific 7-0
- New England def. Northern 7-0
Here are the team results for Wednesday, for detailed team results, please click on the results link above:
- (1) Southern California def (5-8) Mid-Atlantic 7-0
- (4) Southern def. (5-8) Middle States 6-1
- (3) Texas def. (5-8) Missouri Valley 6-1
- (2) Midwest def. (5-8) Florida 5-2
- Pacific Northwest def. Hawaii Pacific 7-0
- Eastern def. Southwest 6-1
- Northern California def. Northern 7-0
- Intermountain def. New England 6-1
Here are the team results for Tuesday, for detailed team results, please click on the results link above:
- (1) Southern California def. Pacific Northwest 6-1
- (5-8) Mid-Atlantic def. Hawaii Pacific 7-0
- (4) Southern def. Southwest 7-0
- (5-8) Middle States def. Eastern 4-3
- (5-8) Missouri Valley def. Northern 7-0
- (3) Texas def. Northern California 5-2
- (5-8) Florida def. Intermountain 5-2
- (2) Midwest def. New England 6-1
TEAM MATCH FORMATS
All team matches will consist of 3 doubles matches first, each an 8 game pro-set, tie-break at 8 games all. The section that wins the majority of the doubles matches will earn the doubles point. After a brief intermission, 6 singles matches will commence, each playing the best of three (3) tie-break sets. All singles matches are worth 1 point each. There are 7 points available in each match, the team that wins 4 points will win the match.
THE CLAREMONT CLUB
The Claremont Club is honored to host this year's Girls 18's National Team Championships. The Claremont Club is located at 1777 Monte Vista Avenue in Claremont, (909) 625-6791. To reach the Claremont Club from the 10 Freeway, exit Monte Vista Avenue and turn north. The club is on your left past Foothill. From the 210 Freeway, exit Baseline and turn west. Turn left on Monte Vista, the club is on your right side. Spectators are welcome.
CLAREMONT MCKENNA COLLEGE - BISZANTZ FAMILY TENNIS CENTER
Matches will also take place at the Biszantz Famly Tennis Center on the campus of Claremont McKenna College. To reach the Tennis Center from the 10 Freeway, exit Indian Hill Boulevard and turn north. Turn right on 6th Street, the courts are past Mills Avenue on the right hand side, just before Claremont Boulevard. From the 210 Freeway, exit Baseline. Go west on Baseline and turn left on Monte Vista (next light). Proceed down Monte Vista until you reach Claremont Boulevard, turn right on Claremont to 6th Street, right to the tennis center on your left. The tournament would like to thank Paul & Kathy Settles of CMS Athletics for their support of the Girls 18's National Team Championships.
To view results from the tournament, please click on the "results" link above these messages.
Players are selected from a designated Section or District ranking list.
Entry to this tournament is restricted. To see how entrants will be selected, follow the “Selection Process” link to the left. It is the player’s responsibility to check the selection list(s) after registering online to be sure that a check mark appears beside the player’s name on the list, in order to insure proper registration. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, July 1, 2010 12 Noon Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 651749110 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.