THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS FOR GREAT TOURNAMENT!
Congratulations to all of the winners! We hope to see you all back next year!
Draws and times are subject to change prior to the day of the tournament.
All 3rd/4th Place Singles and Doubles matches will occur at the same time and location as the Finals in each division.
TOURNAMENT PHONE SWITCH
Starting the first scheduled tournament day (Nov. 25) the tournament phone will be (949) 337-5832.
CITY OF IRVINE WAIVER FORM
All players must completely fill out this form and turn it in when checking in for your first match. Parents or legal guardians must sign for players under the age of 18. Players over the age of 18 can sign the waiver for themselves.
Forms can also be turned in via fax to (949) 955-3596 or e-mail (PDF only) to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of the tournament.
WAIVERS MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT, SIGNED AND TURNED IN PRIOR TO A PLAYER'S FIRST MATCH!
IRVINE MARRIOTT INCORRECT # LISTED IN PROGRAM
The Irvine Marriott phone number listed in the program is incorrect, the correct phone # is (949) 553-0100.
ORDERED ALTERNATES LISTS
Based on National Standings List on 10-27-10
Boys' 18s Singles
Boys' 16s Singles
Boys' 14s Singles
Girls' 14s Singles
Doubles registration will ONLY be taken at the Optional Check-in on Wednesday, November 24th and at Heritage Community Park on Thursday, November 25th. Even if you are currently registered online as in the doubles, you still need to register at the times listed above.Do not send in doubles' requests via e-mail to the tournament director or referee.  If you do not have a partner and would like to get onto the list of players looking for partners, please e-mail the request to the tournament director. The list of players looking for partners can be requested at the Optional Check-in on Wednesday, November 24th and at Heritage CP on Thursday, November 25th.
Players can register for the doubles without a partner. All players who register without a partner will be paired up with others on the list of players looking for partners list after the doubles registration deadline.
If you want to register for the doubles and you are a singles alternate, in order to play in the doubles draw you need to pay the registration fee of $85, regardless if you get into the singles or not.
The guidelines to for doubles registration and acceptance into the draw are as follows:
The following players are eligible to enter the doubles event of a USTA National Open:
• Singles players
• Singles alternates
A player may not enter one division in singles and a different division in doubles at sites where two divisions are held.   NO other players are eligible to play doubles.
The Tournament shall accept doubles teams into the doubles event in the following order:
- All teams comprising two players in the singles draw shall be selected.
- Teams comprising one player in the singles draw and one player not in the singles draw. If more than the maximum number of entries is received, selection order is based on combined standings and combined doubles ranking points, except that no team comprised of a Late Applicant shall be selected before a team comprised of timely applicants.
- Teams comprising two players not in the singles draw. If more than the maximum number of entries is received, selection order is based on combined standings and combined doubles ranking points, except that no team comprised of a Late Applicant shall be selected before a team comprised of timely applicants.
The deadline to register for the doubles is Thursday, November 25th at 2pm.
Any alternate desiring admittance must check in and be ready for play no later than 15 minutes prior to the first scheduled match time of the event for which they are an alternate.
The order of the alternates is based on the original Ordered Alternates List published by the tournament, not a more recent National Standings List, and not in the order in which the players check in.
On-Site Alternates may be admitted into the singles main draw to replace withdrawing players until the completion of the first round of play. On-Site Alternates may not play in the Feed-In Championship unless they have first played in the singles main draw.
Alternates for the Boys' 16 and 18 divisions must check in at Woodbridge Tennis Club: South Lake (WTCSL) on Thursday, November 25th by 7:45am.
Alternates for the Boys' 14 and Girls' 14 divisions must check in at Heritage Community Park (HCP) on Thursday, November 25th by 7:45am.
All directions are from the Irvine Marriott.  Click on the name of the park for a map.
Heritage Community Park (HCP)
14300 Yale Ave. Irvine, CA 92604
LEFT (southwest) on Von Karman, LEFT on Michelson, LEFT on Jamboree Road, 405 freeway (San Diego) SOUTH, exit Culver Drive, turn LEFT, proceed Northeast to Walnut Ave., RIGHT on Walnut Ave., LEFT on Yale Ave., LEFT into parking lot for Heritage Park, turn RIGHT, follow parking lot to its end, tennis courts are a short walk on sidewalk past softball field, cross-streets: Walnut Ave. & Yale Ave.
Lower Peter's Canyon Community Park (LPPCP)
3901 Farwell Ave. Irvine, CA 92602
LEFT (southwest) on Von Karman, LEFT on Michelson, LEFT on Jamboree Road, 405 freeway (San Diego) SOUTH, exit Culver Drive, turn LEFT, proceed Northeast, pass 5 (Santa Ana) freeway, LEFT on Farwell Ave., RIGHT into parking lot for Lower Peters Canyon Park, cross-streets: Culver Drive and Farwell Ave.
Woodbridge High School (WHS)
2 Meadowbrook, Irvine, CA 92604
LEFT on Von Karman Ave., LEFT on Michelson, LEFT on Jamboree Road, 405 (San Diego) freeway SOUTH, exit Culver Drive, RIGHT on Alton Parkway, LEFT on Lake, LEFT on Meadowbrook, cross-streets: Meadowbrook & Lake
Col. Bill Barber Community Park (CBBCP)
16 Civic Center Pl., Irvine, CA 92606
RIGHT on Von Karman Ave., go over 405 (San Diego) freeway, RIGHT on Main St., pass Jamboree Road, LEFT on Harvard, LEFT on San Juan into parking lot for Col. Bill Barber Park, cross-streets: Harvard & Barranca Harvard & San Juan
THE DIRECTIONS ON THE GOOGLE MAP IS INCORRECT
Woodbridge Tennis Club: South Lake (WTCSL)RIGHT on Von Karman Ave., go over 405 (San Diego) freeway, RIGHT on Main St., RIGHT on West Yale Loop, LEFT on Springbrook, LEFT into parking lot, cross-streets: Springbrook and West Yale Loop
500 Springbrook, Irvine, CA 92604
THE DIRECTIONS ON THE GOOGLE MAP IS INCORRECT
WHSA AND WHSB
WHSA and WHSB are located at Woodbridge High School.
OPTIONAL TOURNAMENT CHECK-IN AT CBBCP ON WEDNESDAY NOV. 24TH 2-7PM
Check-in will be at the Col. Bill Barber Community Park portable building, located behind the tennis courts. The building can be seen from Harvard Ave. For directions, please refer to the map listed above.
Receive your player’s gift bag, draw sheet, program and court map. After Wednesday, these items can be picked up at Heritage Community Park.
ON-COURT CLINIC W/ OSCAR WEGNER AT CBBCP ON 11/24 FROM 2-5PM
Oscar Wegner, world-re-nowned player, coach, author and educator, will be leading the on-court clinic from 2-5pm.
Come and get ready for the tournament by participating in this FREE clinic!
Check the tournament locations for the address and directions to Col. Bill Barber CP (CBBCP).
Time requests will not be honored for this tournament.
TOURNAMENT SHIRTS AND HOODED SWEATSHIRTS
Every tournament player will receive one free shirt available for pick-up at Col. Bill Barber CP (CBBCP) on the check-in on Wednesday, November 24th and throughout the duration of the tournament. Tournament shirts, hooded sweatshirts and last year's shirts will be available for sale at CBBCP.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR USTA NATIONAL OPENS
Players are accepted into the draws and given preference in their choice of site in the following order:
- up to 32 players (up to 8 per draw) from the top 200 players on the most recently published National Standings List of the next-younger division in the order in which their names appear on this list
- up to 224 players (up to 56 per draw) from the most recently published National Standings List of the division in the order in which their names appear on this list
- players not yet in the draw whose names appear on the most recently published National Standings List of the division in the order in which their names appear on this list
- players not yet in the draw whose names appear on the most recently National Standings List of the next-younger division in the order in which their names appear on this list and
- the remaining entrants in the order of the strength of their records.
Players not selected for their first choice shall remain in the pool of applicants for entry into other concurrent USTA National Opens.  Those players who have not been selected after all four USTA National Open draws have been filled shall be placed in alternate pools at all concurrent USTA National Opens for which the players indicated a preference.ALTERNATES:
Tournament Committees shall order the alternates as follows:
- Players in positions up to 600 from the National Standings List of the division used to select players into the tournament in the order in which their names appear on this List
- Players not already placed on the alternate list in positions up to 400 from the National Standings List of the next-younger division used to select players into the tournament in the order in which their names appear on this List
- Players not already placed on the alternate list whose names appear on the National Standings List of the division used to select players into the tournament in the order in which their names appear on this List
- Players not already placed on the alternate list whose names appear on the National Standings List of the next-younger division used to select players into the tournament in the order in which their names appear on this List and
- The remaining entrants in an order determined by lot.
- Late entrants shall be listed below these players by the date and time on which the late entry is made.  If multiple late entries are received at the same time, they shall be ordered by lot.  Late entrants are not ordered by position on the National Standings List.
$99 per room per night
(If you call to set up the reservation, inform Marriott you are with the "City of Irvine USTA National Opens" to receive room rate)
*Free Parking Pass per room ($16 value)
**Four (4) Free Continental Breakfasts per room per day ($72 value)
WITHDRAWALS AND ENTRY FEE REFUNDS
Withdrawals and Entry Fee Refunds at USTA National Junior Tournaments: Rules In Effect Through December 31, 2010
The USTA Regulations with respect to withdrawals and entry fee refunds at USTA National Junior Tournaments will change as of January 1, 2011.  The information below describes the rules in effect through the end of 2010.  Click here to view the rules that will take effect January 1, 2011.
It is a player’s responsibility to immediately take action to withdraw from the tournament should circumstances arise which would not enable a player to compete. Good sportsmanship and the USTA Regulations dictate that a player should never:
• enter a tournament they do not intend to finish
• withdraw from a tournament after entries close unless it is for injury, illness, or personal emergency
• enter two concurrent tournaments without prior written approval from both Tournament Committees
WITHDRAWING FROM A TOURNAMENT:
• Prior to Entry Deadline: If entries have not yet closed, a player may withdraw by going to the tournament’s USTA TennisLink Home Page - the same web page that the player registered for the tournament. Once in the system, click on the "Register Now" text in red. When taken to the next page, click on "Withdraw" on the left hand side of the screen. You will need your confirmation number from your original registration to withdraw. Because your credit card will not be charged prior to the entry deadline, no refund needs to be made. If you cannot locate your confirmation number, contact email@example.com.
• Previously Authorized Entries into Two Concurrent Tournaments: If a player has previously received written authority to enter two concurrent tournaments from both Tournament Committees, the player must immediately notify both tournaments to let them know which tournament the player has chosen to play.
• After Entry Deadline: Immediately contact the tournament if to withdraw from the tournament - telephone numbers and email addresses of the Tournament Director and/or Referee will be posted on the tournament’s USTA TennisLinnk Home Page. No refund will be given unless the withdrawal is due to illness, injury, or personal emergency AND a written verification as described below is provided on or before the last scheduled day of the tournament.
WRITTEN VERIFICATION REQUIREMENT TO RECEIVE ENTRY FEE REFUND:
• Player is Not Accepted Into Tournament: If a player has previously paid an entry fee and is not accepted into the tournament, the player is entitled to a refund - there is no written verification requirement.
• Previously Authorized Entries into Two Concurrent Tournaments: If a player has previously received written authority to enter two concurrent tournaments from both Tournament Committees, the player is entitled to a refund from the tournament that will not be played.
• Illness or Injury: The required written verification of an injury or illness must be from a medical professional and must be received by the tournament no later than the last scheduled day of the tournament.
• Personal Emergency: If the player is withdrawing because of a personal emergency, the player must deliver a written deion of the situation no later than the last scheduled day of the tournament and the Referee will determine whether the situation is a personal emergency.
USTA SUSPENSION POINTS:
Any withdrawal (other than for previously authorized entry into two concurrent tournaments) that does not meet the written verification requirements by the last scheduled day of the tournament (and, in the case of personal emergencies, has also been approved as an emergency by the Referee) will also result in the player being levied suspension points and any match that is not played will be coded as a Default.
4 players are selected for each site from the most recent National Standings List of the next lower age division and 28 players are selected for each site from the age division of the event
Entry to this tournament is restricted. To see how entrants will be selected, follow the “Selection Process” link to the left. It is the player’s responsibility to check the selection list(s) after registering online to be sure that a check mark appears beside the player’s name on the list, in order to insure proper registration. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, October 28, 2010 12 Noon Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 651749810 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.