Players By Event
2007 Tournament Evaluation of the Pacific Coast Seniors
Thank you all for a great week of high quality tennis and for your company in a very enjoyable event, (even with its two rain delays).
Please tell us about what we did right and what we can improve for providing you with the best tournament environment that we can in giving your feedback at -->
Pacific Coast Seniors: News/Updates as of 4/26 8:14M
The tournament was mostly completed, with a few doubles matches still to be played, especially for the Century Doubles event. If you want to complete these events, please contact your opponents and play at a location and time convenient to all. You are welcome back at the Berkeley Tennis Club (please call to reserve a court) and please let us know if you need contact information for your opponents.
The tournament team wants to thank you for your participation in the tournament.
Official Pacific Coast Seniors: Century Events & Program
1) The two Century events will only be scheduled on Wednesday night, after an open registration that day.
2) The tournament will run from Wednesday 4/18 to Sunday 4/22, except for the Men 65 Singles event which will start on Tuesday 4/17 as it has 36 participants.
3) Monday 4/23 could be used as a rained out day.
4) All the finals will be on Saturday and on Sunday.
5) The entry fees are: $54.25 or singles and $38.13 per person for doubles (with $4.25/$3.13 non-refundable processing fees).
See program at -->
USTA NorCal and the Pacific Coast Seniors are proud to introduce this event that we hope will become a regular fixture in the NorCal Senior Tennis environment.
Fee: $15 per person, payable by check or cash at the BTC, or mail to Steve Cornell at BTC.
Eligibility - Two events
100 years of age or older- Combined ages of both participants must be 100 years of age or older.
Under 100- Combined ages of both participants must be less than 100 years.
Tournament is open to all players, even those not participating in the sanctioned Pacific Coast Seniors event. However, Century Doubles does not award national ranking points, though USTA NorCal will produce rankings for this category at the end of the year.
Players must be at least 30 years old.
Players may participate in one singles, one doubles, and one century doubles event in which they are eligible.
Registration Process- To register for Century Doubles please do the following.
1. If you are registering for a sanctioned singles or doubles category, please register online for those events.
2. If you would like to add a Century Doubles event or are not playing sanctioned events, please contact the tournament coordinator Steve Cornell, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Steve at (510) 339-9577.
Registration Deadline for century doubles is April 6, 2007. Draws will be limited to the first 16 teams that register. If you are looking for a partner, let us know and we will match you up on a first come first serve basis. If we do not get 16 teams prior to entries closing, we will consider taking late entries.
Century Doubles will take the place of normal mixed doubles, meaning the matches will be primarily played at the end of day.
Registrations for these two events will remain open till Wednesday night (Draws and Schedules will only be posted then). A signup sheet will be available to the tournament desk on Wednesday. Please join us in these new Century Doubles Events!!
Contacting the Tournament Director (TD) or the Referee: Withdraws, ...
1) Until the closing of the registrations, you can withdraw yourself online with your confirmation number.
2) After closing of registration, and until the posting of the draws, please submit any withdrawal in writing first by emailing BOTH the TD and the Referee (see above), and then also CALL the TD (phone number above).
3) After the posting of the draws, please FIRST CALL the TD and then email BOTH the TD and the Referee.
Event Draws Information and Match Formats
1) All Singles & Doubles Events will be Best of 3 Tie-Break Sets, using regular scoring.
2) When signing up for a doubles event, please identify your doubles partner (be sure that this person has entered the tournament) by using this person's USTA #. If you need findinga partner, plese contact us.
3) Be on time for your matches: Check-in at the tournament desk 15 minutes BEFORE your scheduled match times and be ready to play. Penalties for lateness will be enforced.
Allow time to park. Metered and non-metered 2-hour parking zones are enforced.
Non-regulated parking is available 3 blocks SE of the club off Domingo, or paid parking is
available at the Claremont Resort and Spa.
The ITF guidelines show the number and size of logos that are allowed and specifically say that doubles
partners must be dressed in the same colors. The complimentary player’s T-shirt has been
approved for this tournament and there will be a one time grace period for clothing that does
not meet ITF regulations. Using the following link, please access to the ITF web site (www.itftennis.com/seniors), then click senior circuit, then click rules & regs for details as printed on pages 81-83 (starting on 88 of 106 on the website) -->
Important Registration Information
A change in the tournament management software will not allow anymore the tournament staff to access your contact information from the USTA membership database. When registering to the tournament, please make sure to provide that information (phone #s and email address) as we would otherwise be unable to reach you when needed (registration issues, schedule changes, withdraws, weather issue, ...).
We have a limited block of rooms reserved for the Pacific Coast Senior Tennis tournament
at these hotels. Specifically mention that you are playing in the Pacific Coast Senior Tennis
Championships. Rates and availability are guaranteed until March 15, 2007 so make your
reservations as soon as possible and check their websites.
Claremont Resort and Spa: (510) 843-3000, www.claremontresort.com, 5 minutes walking
distance from the club.
Berkeley City Club: (510) 848-7800 $90/ night. They ask you to call for reservations and ask
for David, www.berkeleycityclub.com, 10 minutes driving distance from the club.
Sheraton Four Points at Emeryville: (510) 547-7888 or (800) 325-3535 starting at $130/ night,
www.fourpoints.com/emeryville, 20 minutes driving distance from the club.
Doubletree at the Berkely Marina: (510) 548-7920 starting at $119/night, and ask for in-house
reservations, www.berkeleymarina.doubletree.com, 25 minutes driving distance from the club.
Players only complimentary Continental Breakfast each morning,
Complimentary Reception Thursday April 19, and
Players’ Complimentary BBQ (there will be a fee for guests) Saturday April 21.
The tournament desk will be located on the ground level in the
ballroom of the Berkeley Tennis Club, Berkeley, CA. Please identify
your doubles partner when registering. Some matches will be played
under lights. Tournament Desk Phone is (510) 841-4066.
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Friday, April 6, 2007 11:59:00 PM Pacific Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 500006407 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.