All times are corrected and posted. Thanks!
COVID-19 - REQUIREMENTS
The items listed below by bullet point are in place to help reduce COVID-19 risks, but items 1 and 2 are the fundamental points that all players and parents need to adhere to:
1. If you do not feel comfortable playing tennis- DO NOT PLAY.
2. If you are sick with any symptoms at ALL, DO NOT ATTEND OR PLAY A MATCH!
3. We ask that each participant limit her spectators to two per players. Please bring your own chair and maintain 6 foot social distancing at all times.
4. Our Tennis Shop is limited to 5 entrants at a time. You must use hand sanitizer before entering building. We will have sanitizer provided outside door.
The following requirements are in place for all players and parents at this tournament in order to make it as safe as possible for everyone:
* Participant has not traveled out of the country in the 14 days prior to the tournament.
* Participant has not been experiencing a cough, difficulty breathing or a loss in taste/smell at the start of the tournament.
* Participant does not have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above at the start of the tournament.
* Participant has not been in contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the tournament.
* Participant agrees to not participate in the tournament if they become sick at the start of the tournament.
* Participant agrees to exit the facility immediately upon completion of their match and reporting of their scores.
* Participant agrees to maintain a six-foot distance from all other persons at the tennis center, except when they are competing in a match.
* Participant agrees not to use the facility’s water fountain except the bottle filler.
* Participant understands that masks are not required, but are highly recommended when at the tennis center and not competing in a match.
* As a parent of a participant, I agree to abide by the same restrictions as noted above for the participants.
* As a parent of a participant, I understand that my child’s temperature may be taken if they begin to show signs of illness during the tournament, and I must pick them up immediately if their temperature is 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASKS AT TOURNAMENTS
While at tournaments, please maintain a distance of 6 ft between yourself and people who don’t live in your household. Also, everyone should wear a mask at tournaments when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
Tournament Match Play
* Tournament will be limited to Singles competition. No Doubles
* Matches must use a scheduling interval with a minimum 2-hour match duration and 4-hour time between first match and second match start times.
* Each match will be played with two cans of balls. One each for player to use when serving.
* Players may mark their balls with a black or brown sharpie to better identify their balls.
* Players should use their specific cans of balls during service games.
* Players should take change sides on opposite sides of the court or be spaced 6 feet away fromthe net (creating 12 feet between players).
* Players should not touch the balls during the games their opponents are serving.
*No handshake at the completion of the match
(New COVID-19 Procedures) Virtual Tournament Check-In **Required for All Players**
In response to the COVID-19, we will be using Match Tennis App’s Virtual Tournament Desk technology to help facilitate CDC best practices.
In order to compete in this event, all competitors MUST click the below link to fill out the check-in form, and sign the waiver for this tournament.
VIRTUAL TOURNAMENT DESK **MANDATORY FOR ALL PLAYERS**
For the safety of all Tournament players, parents, coaches and staff we will NOT be using a physical tournament desk where social gathering is most common. We instead will be using Match Tennis App’s Virtual Tournament Desk to help facilitate CDC guidelines for social distancing. Please click the "more info" link to learn how we will be using VTD to keep you SAFE during the tournament:
We will have a stringer at Greystone Golf & Country Club all weekend. Stringing is $20 per racquet.
Communication will be key for this event. Please check this page for updates frequently. You will have to sign up for the Match App to play this event. You will have to complete the waiver through the Match App once competitors are selected. Please be careful when entering phone numbers to make sure they are entered correctly. Please enter all phone numbers of people you want to receive the tournament messages. We are looking forward to this event! We are sorry we will not be able to offer what we normally offer for tournaments, but we hope you enjoy playing.
Please be aware that players do not have the option to register for
doubles as this tournament does not offer doubles now in order to follow USTA &
Southern guidelines for player safety.
Hotel Information Pelham Racquet Club and Greystone Golf & Country Club are very happy to be partnering with Holiday Inn Express for our tournament season. It is because of community partners like Holiday Inn that makes our events possible, so we hope you will support them! Please call or click the link to book your room. Please be sure to book your room early! We have a lot of activities in the area and our hotels book easily. Please mention you are with Pelham Racquet Club to get our special rate! Thanks!
Holiday Inn Express & Suites 260 Cahaba Valley Road Pelham, AL 35124
Water - Ice - Food
* We will not have water jugs on courts. We recommend bringing your own water jug or sports drinks.* Our ice machine will be used only for medical needs by our staff.* We will have snacks for sale, as well as bottled water and Powerade.
*We have water and ice filling stations, but will not provide cups.
We will not have practice courts on site. Below are two public park facilities that have courts open on a first come-first serve basis.
Heardmont Park (4 courts)
5452 Cahaba Valley Road, Birmingham, ALBirmingham, Alabama 35242
Chelsea Tennis Courts (4 Courts)
Take Highway 280 EAST towards Auburn. Turn RIGHT on Highway 51. Courts 1/2 mile on right.
Draw Size and Format
The Draws will be limited to 32 players. The Scoring format is as follows: Main Draw is best 2 of 3 tiebreak sets. Consolation is 2 sets and if split sets a 10 point tie-breaker is played in lieu of the third set.
For this rescheduled STA Level 3 the 10's will play on Hardcourts and the 12's -18's will play on Clay. The 10's-14's will play at Greystone Country Club and the 16's-18's will play at Pelham Raquet Club. Both Sites will have their own Tournament Homepage.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, August 16, 2020 11:59:00 PM Central Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 700129220 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.