know, Governor Baker pushed the Phase III reopening to this coming
Monday, July 6th. The tournament you're scheduled to participate in
starts on July 7th. Please be aware that this event
could get pushed in the case that Governor Baker again pushes back Phase
III of his reopening plan.
If anything changes, we will let you know on Monday, July 6th at 4pm.
COVID-19 Return to Tournament Play
As we navigate this unprecedented time, all players are expected to adhere to the guidelines set forth by each tournament facility. Tournament Directors are expected and have agreed to follow state and local government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for all players and spectators. All directors have been asked to be on the premise for the duration of the match. In the case this cannot take place, the TD MUST have a USTANE authorized representative who can act as the director. An authorized representative is someone that runs tournaments and is SafePlay approved. Additionally, all TDs have been asked to keep track of when players and their guests arrive and when they leave.
Below you will find facility guidelines and reminders in addition to the USTA return to tournament play guidelines, and player recommendations and reminders that must be adhered to.
[Important Note - COVID-19]
- Depending on the number of registered players, Tournament Directors reserve the right to cap the number of participants.
- Tournament Directors reserve the right to ask you to leave the facility if proper guidelines are not being followed.
[Mandatory Protocol - COVID-19]
MANDATORY: Each player must complete this liability waiver (link) upon registration.
MANDATORY: One chaperone or guest can accompany a player to a tournament.
MANDATORY: If a player, chaperone, or guest develops symptoms, you must contact the Tournament Director at the event in which you played.
[Facility Guidelines - COVID-19]
Note: state and local government guidelines will be enforced.
- If playing at an indoor facility, chaperones/guests will be asked to leave the facility while the match is being played.
- Players, guests, and chaperones will be asked to wear a mask while they are not on the court and where physical distance cannot be maintained.
- If playing at an indoor facility, you will be asked to leave the building in between matches.
- Each player will be given their own can of balls.
- Bring plenty of water as fountains will be off limits.
- If changing sides, make sure to do so on opposite sides of the net.
- One player will be designated to maintain the scorecards if scorecards are available at the tournament site.
- Bathroom situation outline
- If you do not intend to have scorecards available what will your protocol be?
[USTA Return to Tournament Recommendations - COVID-19]
You can review the return to tournament play recommendations.
[USTA Official Guidelines]
You can review the officiating return to play recommendations
As a reminder, as of January 1st, 2020 New England has implemented changes to the tournament structure as it relates to points accumulated and formats. The new level 6 tournament structure reflects the 2019 level 7.
All age divisions (BG 12U - 18U) will be a Round Robin Format
Score Format: One Set to Six (30 Points per match win)
TEMPORARY BONUS POINTS - For tournaments starting between January 1 and June 28, 2020, USTA NE will award temporary bonus points for certain results at each level of play (see yellow shaded cells). For these results, 2019 points will be awarded TEMPORARILY. On the July 10, 2020 standings, ALL 2020 results will be based on the new points table. These temporary points are designed to minimize the impact of change in regards to selection to sectionals, national teams, and national championships.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Friday, July 3, 2020 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 450047620 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.