COVID-19 Return to Tournament Play
As we navigate this unprecedented time, all players are expected to adhere to the guidelines set forth by each tournament facility. Tournament Directors are expected and have agreed to follow state and local government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for all players and spectators. All directors have been asked to be on the premise for the duration of the match. In the case this cannot take place, the TD MUST have a USTANE authorized representative who can act as the director. An authorized representative is someone that runs tournaments and is SafePlay approved. Additionally, all TDs have been asked to keep track of when players and their guests arrive and when they leave.
Below you will find facility guidelines and reminders in addition to the USTA return to tournament play guidelines, and player recommendations and reminders that must be adhered to.
[Important Note - COVID-19]
- Depending on the number of registered players, Tournament Directors reserve the right to cap the number of participants.
- Tournament Directors reserve the right to ask you to leave the facility if proper guidelines are not being followed.
- One chaperone or guest can accompany a player to a tournament. This is Tournament Director discretion.
[Mandatory Protocol - COVID-19]
MANDATORY: Each player must complete this liability waiver (link) upon registration.
MANDATORY: If a player, chaperone, or guest develops symptoms, you must contact the Tournament Director at the event in which you played.
[Facility Guidelines - COVID-19]
Note: state and local government guidelines will be enforced.
· Call facility immediately to notify of a withdrawal (we do not want players waiting to play and opponent doesn’t show up)
· Arrive at facility close to assigned start time, ready to play, and depart immediately
· No congregating in any area and limit your time inside facility (promptly check in and report scores at tournament desk)
· Adhere to social distancing & wear a face covering or mask in any area that you are not at least 6 ft away from another person
· Sanitize hands before & after play (sanitizer is on every court)
· Do not share equipment & clean equipment after use
· Wait outside of gates/fence until previous players have left
· If match is moved indoors due to weather, you will be asked to leave the facility in between matches
· Please bring plenty of full water bottles as fountains will be off limits
· Bring own towels and any other personal equipment and store them inside tennis bag when not in use
· If changing ends, make sure to do so on opposite sides of the net
· One player will be designated to change the score posts
· Indoor restroom can be used, but lockers, showers, and fitness room are off limits
· Offer an acknowledgment at end of match such as a thumbs up instead of shaking hands
[USTA Return to Tournament Recommendations - COVID-19]
You can review the return to tournament play recommendations.
[USTA Official Guidelines]
You can review the officiating return to play recommendations
a) This is a QUALIFIER TOURNAMENT for next week's L4
b) Players who register for next weekend's (L4 or L3) Event in this
age division, and think they will not get in but will be an
alternate ARE ELIGIBLE to register for this L5 Qualifier AND will
maintain their ALTERNATE status in the L4.
c) No player selected into the main draw for any L4 division next
week will be eligible for this tournament.
d) All players who register for this QUALIFIER must be willing and
able to compete in next week's L4 as this tournament awards
AUTOMATIC ENTRY for the WINNER & FINALIST.
e) The USTA New England office will select these two Qualifier's
into the Super Six tournament, and inform the Tournament Director
to collect their registration fee at the tournament.
f) Draw size max.32 players, Single Elimination, Best
two-out-of-three tie-break sets with match tie-break in lieu of
If your standing doesn't clearly qualify your selection to the L4
(or L3) - please register for both the L6 Qualifier and the L4! No
player will be selected into the L6 Qualifier with a standing that
is higher than the last selected L4 player.
This tournament will be played outdoors, weather permitting, with
indoor courts available as backup. If it rains, start times may be
UPDATE JULY 29: INDOOR MATCHES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN MASSACHUSETTS
AT THIS TIME. ALL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED OUTDOORS. IF IT RAINS,
START TIMES WILL BE DELAYED.
As a reminder, as of January 1, 2020, New England has updated our points tables to match those of the 2021 USTA junior tournament and ranking structure. This New Level 5 tournament replaces our 2019 Level 6 tournaments and awards the following SINGLE ELIMINATION points:
There will be a playoff match for 3rd and 4th place. Scoring: 2-3 sets, with a 10-point tiebreaker in lieu of a 3rd set.
TEMPORARY BONUS POINTS - For tournaments starting between January 1 and June 28, 2020, USTA NE will award temporary bonus points for certain results at each level of play. For these results, 2019 points will be awarded TEMPORARILY. On the July 10, 2020 standings, ALL 2020 results will be based on the new points table. These temporary points are designed to minimize the impact of change in regards to selection to sect
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 450031620 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.