Player Selection Type
DRAWS HAVE BEEN UPDATED!!
Please double check your time as some matches have been
DRAWS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING!
PLEASE REVIEW YOUR MATCH TIME AND PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
Girls 16's singles will play round robin draw format due to the
draw only having 4 players. Winner and runner up will be based on
match wins. 3 rounds in total.
Girls 16's doubles event has been cancelled due to only 2 players
signing up. THERE WILL BE NO GIRLS DOUBLES 16'S EVENT!
DRAW LIMIT OF 16 PLAYERS PER EVENT!
The draw is limited to 16 players to ensure that all events run
smoothly over 2 days. If there is a drop out, I will pick a player
from the wait list based on USTA rules of alternate selection.
Draws may be extended based on size of other events.
Boys 12's will be strictly limited to a draw of 16 due to USTA
rules and regulations for Junior Open tournaments offering both
Singles and Doubles events.
Draws with less than 8 players will play round robin matches to
determine the winner of the division. Minimum of 2 matches for
round robin matches.
IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT INFORMATION: (PLEASE READ)
1. If registering for singles and doubles,
both events must be in the same age bracket. Eg. Boys 12s and boys
2. This is a limited draw tournament at 16 players per event.
3. The singles match format shall be the best of 3 tiebreak sets
with a 10-Point Match Tiebreak in lieu of the 3rd set. Regular
4. Doubles match format is an 8 games Pro Set (play a 7 points
tie-break at 8-8. Regular scoring.
5. Check in 15-30 mins before match! You might get to go on early
if both players are present.
6. Players are to report scores at the end of each match, then see
draw for next match. DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL RELEASED BY TOURNAMENT
7. Players in a dispute over line calls or scores are NOT to leave
their court. Please call for an official and someone will come to
8. Respect others and be sure to call out scores before each point.
Be sure to make your line call immediately by hand signal AND
vocally so that the other player hears it.
9. There will be an official on site.
1. Play will be at Mission College Tennis Courts.
3000 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95054
2. Daily Parking Permit Required (Valid on the date purchased
only-$3.00 per day) Permit Machines take coins and one dollar
bills only. Park in Lot D.
3. Refund given only BEFORE the draw is posted. Contact
email@example.com for refunds.
Be sure to bring
sun protection and an umbrella for shade.
Water and bananas will be available on site. Bring container for
4. Be sure that if you need to withdraw from the tournament for any
reason, please contact us NO LATER THAN the monday before the
tournament. If it is an emergency and you are unable to let us know
before the release of the draw, we understand.
5. Parents are NOT ALLOWED on courts for any reason. If you need to
pass along something to your child, please go to the tournament
6. Parents are NOT ALLOWED to interact with players on court while
the match is in play. This includes verifying line calls, reminding
players of scores, or interacting with your child's opponent.
Please see the tournament desk if you have any issues.
7. Refund will not be given after draw has been posted and entries
close. If you have signed up for multiple tournaments, you need to
email me to let me know AND pull out if needed BEFORE the entries
close on the Sunday before the tournament.
If you have any questions please contact the tournament director
Javon Montgomery via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone
For more info on our programs and for pictures from this
Winners of each event will be placed online to gripspintennis.com
under "tournaments" and will be used to chronicle winners of each
If you would prefer that your child NOT be placed on the website,
please send an email or speak to the tournament director.
GripSpin Tennis Academy offers competitive juniors a great
training program for competitive players. We offer a free trail
lesson! For more information, please visit us at:
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, August 21, 2016 11:59:00 PM Pacific Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 500045816 from the searchable schedule homepage.
Division and Draw Type Abbreviations
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.