Events - Alternates by Event
GIRLS 16s DOUBLES DRAW
There was a team inadvertently left out of the G16 Doubles draws. Please note the changes to the draw.
All draws are posted. PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW ! See you this weekend !
IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT INFORMATION !
Please take note of the following VERY important tournament information. The more you read, the more you know !!
1) In this tournament we PLAY EARLY & we PLAY LATE. This is just the way it is with 250 kids playing singles and doubles over 2.5 days on INDOOR courts. We use a full 2.5 days to complete the tournament, not 1.5 days, so be ready to play early and play late BOTH days on Saturday & Sunday.
2) The benefit of playing indoors is we are GUARANTEED to not have any RAIN DELAYS and courts are climate controlled (not too hot or too cold) and we will complete the tournament, so it is a little give and take aspect of indoor tournament play of this level with this many people with the late match schedule. Basically, we have done this for several years now and this is the way it has to be for indoors.
3) We are using 5 sites !! A couple of the sites are NEW to the tournament this year. Please note the sites and abbreviations on the draw. Along with your match time, this is EXTREMELY important as we cannot help you if you show up at the wrong site. It is YOUR responsibility to be at the proper site on time. Sites are listed below.
4) If you have any tournament questions please TEXT (502) 439-8312 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT CALL ! Your call will not be returned.
5) If you must withdraw we need it in writing. Please email or text with that withdrawal information.
6) The rest of the times for the weekend will be posted Friday morning.
7) BE NICE, PLAY TENNIS, and HAVE FUN !!
We will be using multiple sites for this tournament. Please report directly to your site 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time. It is the PLAYERS responsibility to report to the correct site at the correct time.
MAIN SITE: The Tennis Club at Springhurst (SPR on draw) 4109 Simcoe Lane, Louisville, KY 40241 (502) 412-2950
Louisville Indoor Racquet Club (LIRC on draw) 8609 Westport Road, Louisville, KY 40242 (502) 426-2454
University of Louisville Bass Rudd Tennis Center (UL on draw) 305 East Warnock Street, Louisville, KY 40208 (502) 852-0223
Southern Indiana Tennis Center (SITC on draw) 6113 Appleleaf LaneSellersburg IN 47172 (812) 288-8424
Louisville Boat Club (LBC on draw) 4200 River Road, Louisville, KY 40207
EMAIL or TEXT ONLY !!
If you have any tournament questions, please email email@example.com or text (502) 439-8312. We would love to talk to everyone in person, but email or text is more efficient to get a prompt reply.
CHECK - IN
There is no advanced check in. You may check in 30 minutes prior to your match time at your site.
Practice courts will be available all day at The Tennis Club at Springhurst on Friday Dec. 12th up to 5:00pm for a cost of $30.00 per hour per court. These courts MUST be booked in advance by calling (502) 412-2950. Please specify that you are with the tournament.
During tournament play, The Tennis Club at Springhurst will be open at 6:30am each day of the tournament. We will have 10 courts reserved for tournament warmup and practice starting at 6:30am. We will have times available from 6:30-7:00, 7:00-7:30am, and 7:30-8:00am. Due to the limited practice courts, the warmups will be 4 players per court for $5.00 each. This is PLAYERS ONLY.. no coaches or parents. You must reserve your spots and PAY IN ADVANCE for the morning warmup times. All alternate sites will be open by 7:30am each day of the matches. You may call them directly to book warm up courts.
FORMAT & SCORING
Main Draw will be a Full Feed In through the Quarters and a 3/4 playoff. All matches will be a match tiebreaker in lieu of a third set. Doubles will be a single elimination with an 8 game pro set. Boys & Girls 10 & under will use the 60' court with orange balls using the 10 & under tennis scoring format.
SCHEDULE OF PLAY
FRIDAY - DECEMBER 11th - DOUBLES ONLY START AT 5:00pm (if you are not playing doubles, you will start play on Saturday)
SATURDAY - DECEMBER 12th - DOUBLES START AT 8:00am followed by SINGLES PLAY
SUNDAY - DECEMBER 13th - DOUBLES START AT 8:00am followed by SINGLES PLAY
Our OFFICIAL HOTEL is the COURTYARD MARRIOTT NORTHEAST. 10200 Champion Farms Dr. Louisville, Kentucky 40241 (502) 429-9293. This hotel is adjacent to shopping and restaurants and within 5 minutes of Springhurst.
Seedings are based on the Southern Seeding Criteria as outlined below: Seeding shall be done using only the results from most recently published USTA Southern Combined Standings Lists of the division in the order in which players appear on the list.
In addition to the list, other criteria to consider:
• Players who have a standing in the next younger age division may be seeded in any group of seeds if they are in the top 10 of the most recently published USTA Southern Combined Standings Lists of any younger age division.
If you have any questions regarding seedings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SOUTHERN LEVEL 3 TOURNAMENT
The Kentucky Junior Indoor is a Southern Level 3 tournament for the FIFITH time. Thanks for your continued support as we grow this tournament !!!
SIGNING UP FOR TWO DIVISIONS
Players are allowed to enter two divisions with these guidelines: #1. Players selected to both age divisions they apply for will automatically be selected to the older age division. They would be removed from the other age division. #2. Players not selected to either division would remain on the alternates lists for both divisions but would be obligated to play the division they first get in, from the alt. list. They would be removed from the Alternate list in the other division. #3. Players selected to one age division would be removed from the alternate list of the division they were not selected. #4. Once a player is selected for any one division no changes can be made.
The top 32 players applying from each age group will be selected by the Southern Section office, from the latest USTA/Southern standing list -- 28 players from the age group will be selected and up to 4 players from the younger age group that have a top 40 standing and are not in the selected 28. Each group of 32 players selected from each age group will be divided into two draws of 16 each. We will be using the waterfall system to make sure each of the two 16 draws are balanced by strength.
DOUBLES DEADLINE AT 6:00pm WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 9th
You must register with a partner before Wednesday December 9th at 6:00pm Eastern / 5:00pm Centrl. Doubles will start Friday evening at 5:00pm. You will play doubles on Friday night !! IF YOU ARE LISTED ON THE COMPETITOR LIST WITHOUT A PARTNER AS OF WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 9th at 6:00pm Eastern / 5:00pm Central YOU WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE DOUBLES DRAW !! Since we are starting doubles on Friday the draws need to be done. If you email with a partner even one minute after the deadline it will be too late.
YOU MUST PLAY DOUBLES IN THE SAME DIVISION AS SINGLES !!
If you are in need of a partner, please use our Facebook page to find a partner. You must play doubles in the same age group as singles. Please email email@example.com if you have a partner !!
LOOKING FOR DOUBLES PARTNER ?
Are you looking for a doubles partner for this tournament ?? To make it easier to find a partner, we have created a FACEBOOK group to post a message that you are looking for a partner. Here is how to find a partner for the tournament:
1. Log into your FACEBOOK account (you can create an account if you do not have one) or click the link below
3. Search for the group KENTUCKY JUNIOR INDOOR
4. Click to join this group
4. You may post your information looking for a partner on the group page wall.
5. Other players will post messages and once you get a partner, then email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org
SELECTIONS HAVE BEEN MADE
Please note the following information regarding the tournament selections:
1. You must play in the same division for doubles as singles. If you were selected for a different age group in singles, then you were taken out of the doubles draw even if your partner is in that division.
2. If you registered for 12 & under Yellow Ball and did not make the ranking criteria you were moved to 11 & under Green Ball if you met the age requirements for that division.
3. Doubles will play TWO rounds on Friday evening. If you are registered for doubles, then you are definitely playing on Friday.
11 & under Green Dot Ball Division
FOR 11 AND UNDER GREEN BALL STA LEVEL 3 EVENTS:
January 1 to September 1 is a “grace period” where players have the opportunity
to play green ball or yellow to try to reach a 12 & under standing of 300.
After September 1, all players aged 11 & under will be required to play
green ball to reach the benchmark of 300 in the 12U Division in order to
progress to 12U yellow ball play. When the top 300 benchmark is reached, players
will be added to the Top 300 12U Benchmark
Players, which can be found here.
as of 10/20/2015: Players will be considered eligible for the 12U Yellow
ball division under the following circumstances:
a.) Reach top 300
Benchmark in 12U Standings, which will now be posted twice monthly
b.) Reach Top 300 in
most recently published 12U Southern Standings at the time of selection
Note: Age-eligible 11U players who have
reached the Top 300 Benchmark may participate in the 11U Green division. This
change was put in effect May 19, 2015 for tournaments through December 31,
Points for the 11 & under Green division will be awarded STA L4 Points for
the Feed In Thru Quarterfinals table, which can be found here.
One player from the top 20 of the 10 and under standings will be included in
the draw of eight.
Player must be 11 & under and sign up for this tournament in the “12 &
Under Green Ball Division”. Players who are not age-eligible to participate
will be moved into the 12 & Under Yellow Ball Division where they fall on
Players may enter both 11 & under green and 12 & under yellow. When selections
are made, the 12 and under yellow is selected first, and if the player is
selected, he/she is removed from consideration for the 11U green.
ACT & CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL PLACEMENT EXAM
We will make scheduling accommodations for the ACT and the Catholic High School Placement Exam on Saturday for SINGLES only. This applies to LOCAL players only. You cant take the test in Nashville and drive to Louisville for your first match. If you are taking the test, you will not be able to play doubles but we will schedule your singles after the test. Please email email@example.com and let us know you are taking the test. If we don't get an email, then we don't know you are taking the test and will schedule accordingly. Thanks !
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is restricted. Please consult your Section or District rules and regulations for entry requirements for this tournament. If you enter this tournament and are not eligible, any refund is as the discretion of the Tournament Director. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 703606415 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.