Events - Alternates by Event
Operation Pride/Berkeley Junior Tennis League
City of Berkeley
Welcome you to the Berkeley Junior Open Grand Prix
This tournament will help provide scholarships
for the 10 & Under Tennis and Teen After
School programs offered year round at the San Pablo Tennis courts from
4:00-6:00pm. All programs are held at the San Pablo Park tennis courts. The
instructors are PTR and USPTA certified. For more information, visit the City
of Berkeley Park & Recreation Activity Guide. more info
Contact the Deputy Referee for any Issue or Concern
For any question about the tournament, please contact the deputy referee Jean by email at Jean@Hassoun.net.
Tournament Site: Frances Albrier Community Center ("SPP" on draws)
Address: 2800 Mabel Street, Berkeley, CA,
94702--Contact: (510) 384-7255
The tournament desk will be at the San Pablo Park Tennis Courts, near the
Frances Albrier Community.
Directions: from 580 take Ashby exit. Go up Ashby, cross San Pablo Ave, make a
left at the light on Mabel St, tennis courts are right in front of you. For
directions please use the link to Google Maps.
Limits in Draw Sizes
The tournament reserves the right to limit the
size of each of the draws and events. The 12 and under will be limited to 16
singles players and to 8 double teams. All other events could be limited up to
32 singles players and to 16 doubles teams as resources allow or lower. If a
selection is needed, it will be done according to the USTA NorCal rules
Concurrent Tournament Rule
A player shall not be entered at the time
entries close in two or more USTA sanctioned tournaments scheduled to take
place at the same time, in whole or in part, unless each Tournament Committee
involved understands the situation, concurs in writing, and each agrees to accommodate
the player’s schedule. The final decision rests with each tournament committee.
If one tournament agrees to accept concurrent entries and accommodate the
player's schedule but the concurrent tournament does not, the player may not
enter both. If entries for the overlapping tournaments close on different
dates, approval must be received from all Tournament Committees no later than
the entry closing date that occurs last. Players who enter a tournament and
play it to completion, may then enter another tournament with overlapping dates
without permission. If a player violates this concurrent tournament rule,
ranking points earned in any concurrent tournament played will not count toward
Warm-up Tennis Courts
Grove Park Tennis Courts: 1730,Oregon St,
Berkeley 94702 - 3 courts
Willard Tennis Courts: 2730 Hillegass Ave, Berkeley 94702 - 2 courts
Contact BOTH the Tournament Director (TD) and the Referee: Registration Issues, Withdrawals, etc.
(1) Until the closing of the registration, you can withdraw yourself online
with your confirmation number.
(2) After closing of registration, and until the posting of the draws, please
submit any withdrawal in writing first by emailing BOTH the TD and the
Referee (see above), and then also CALL the TD (phone number above).
(3) After the posting of the draws, please FIRST CALL the TD and then email
BOTH the TD and the Referee.
Event Draws Information
(1) Please make sure you complete the following
fields when registering so we may contact you--cell and personal phone numbers,
email address--for registration issues, schedule changes, withdrawals, weather
(2) You have to register at the same event level for singles and doubles, e.g., G14
singles and G14 doubles.
==> Those in violation of this requirement will be placed in their proper age groups as alternates.
(3) Doubles Registration: No later than the end of the Monday prior to the
Saturday start of the tournament. Any doubles players that have not previously
entered as a team should email the Tournament Director to help find a partner
and give permission to give the partnership email address.
***You MUST identify your doubles partner (be sure that this person has entered
the tournament) by using this person's USTA #.
***All players without a partner will be paired up.
***It is your responsibility to check the draw list to see the doubles registrants.
Singles and Doubles Match Format - Consolation for First Round Losers
(1) All singles Main Event will be single elimination: Format will be Best of 3 TB Sets with a
match tiebreak (10 points) in lieu of a third set.
(2) All Doubles Events will be single elimination: Format will be an 8-games Pro Set (play a 7-points
tie-breaker at 8-8).
(3) In each event, a mandatory playoff match will determine the 3rd and 4th
(4) (5) All events: Regular scoring will be used.
(6) Be on time for your matches: Check-in at the tournament desk 15 minutes
BEFORE your scheduled match times and be ready to play. Penalties for lateness
will be enforced. You must remain within earshot of the tournament desk since
failure to respond to the official announcement of your match could result in a
(7) The lateness penalty clock starts at the scheduled match time regardless of
(8) The Point Penalty system will be in effect.
(9) The DRAWS will not be posted until Wednesday after the close of registration.
Selection of Players for Singles
Open Tournaments with limited draw sizes shall select players with the highest ranking from the most recently published Combined Sectional Final Ranking List at the time entries close.
Selection of Doubles Teams
The Tournament Committee shall accept doubles teams into the doubles event in the following order:
(1) Teams comprising two players in the singles draw shall be accepted.
(2) Teams comprising one player in the singles draw and one alternate not in the singles draw.
(3) Teams comprising two players not in the singles draw.
(4) If more than the maximum number of entries received, selection order is based:
*first, on highest combined rankings using the most recently published Doubles Seeding List; and
*second, on highest combined doubles ranking, except that no team comprised of a Late Applicant shall be selected before a team comprised of timely applicants. Tournaments are NOT authorized to expand the draw size in order to accommodate teams.
Winners will receive trophies for 1st and 2nd
places and medals for 3rd and 4th places in the main events. In the Consolation round events, winners in 1st and 2nd places only will receive trophies.
Water and healthy snacks will be provided.
On-street parking is available next to the
Hotel - The Claremont Hotel and Spa
Address: 41 Tunnel Road, Berkeley, CA, -
510-843-3000. The hotel is about 4.7 miles from the tournament site.more info more info
Hotel: The Doubletree Hotel
Address: 200 Marina Blvd, Berkeley, CA, -
(510-548-7920). This hotel is about 4 miles from the tournament site.
*McDonalds: 1198 San Pablo Ave - 510-525-1411.
*KC Barbeque: 2316 San Pablo Ave - 510-548-1140
*Berkeley Bowl: 920 Heinz Ave - 510-898-9555
*Cheese Board Pizza - 1512 Shattuck Ave - 510-549-3055
Please provide your feedback on the Tournament
Please tell us about what we did right and what
we can improve for providing you with the best tournament environment that we
can in giving your feedback.
Pathway Eligibility - Players Aged 12 Years and Younger
To enter and play in an Open Tournament, players must first fulfill the pathway requirements.
(1) Until the closing date and time of the registration, you may withdraw yourself online with your confirmation number.
(2) After registration closes and until the draws are posted, submit your withdrawal in writing.
(3) Send the withdrawal to BOTH the Tournament Director and Referee.
(4) Withdrawals are only excused if they are for illness, injury or emergency.
(5) Withdrawals at least 7 days before play starts are eligible for a refund.
(6) Call and send an email to the Tournament Director and the Referee.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, July 5, 2015 11:59:00 PM Pacific Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 500012615 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.