Congratulations to the Tournament Sportsmanship Award Recipients!
Everett Maltby (Sunnyvale, CA)
Dylan King (Portland, OR)
Sara Choy (San Francisco, CA)
Taube Family Tennis Stadium & Taube South (TB) – 17 courts
625 Campus Dr, Stanford, CA 94305
West Campus (WC) – 8 courts
188 Electioneer Rd, Stanford, CA 94305
All three sites will be used on the first day – Saturday, August 31. Only the Taube Family Stadium site will be used for the second and third day – Sunday-Monday, September 1-2.
DOUBLES SIGN UP
The deadline to sign up for doubles is Friday, August 23, 2013 via email to the Tournament Director.
If you signed up for doubles but did not list a partner when singles entries closed, you were removed from doubles. This prevents situations where players are signed up for doubles by their parents without them knowing and then having to withdraw later after the draws have been made because their player doesn’t want to play doubles.
For those that have mutually agreed to play doubles together, please let the Tournament Director know via email with your partner copied on it and both will be added in doubles.
If you would like to play doubles but do not have a doubles partner, please contact the Tournament Director via email and you will be added in doubles. It is not the responsibility of the Tournament Committee to match a player with a partner, but we will do our best to help pair as many players as possible.
Failure to send the email will result in the players not being registered into the tournament for doubles. Please be sure to check the Competitors List on the tournament homepage to make sure you are registered in doubles.
All players are required to submit a signed USTA & Medical Release Form before competing in the tournament. Applicants are encouraged to take care of this administrative task as soon as possible by downloading, completing and returning this form to Tommy Tu by email or fax - see contact information above. To download the form click on the link below:
USTA & Medical Release Form
Three major airports serve the San Francisco Bay Area, including San Francisco International (SFO), San Jose Mineta International (SJC), and Oakland International (OAK). We suggest comparing fares to all three airports, as there can be significant differences, even for the same airline.
Stanford is roughly equidistant from the San Francisco and San Jose airports – both airports are about 30 minutes away. The Oakland airport is 45 minutes away. Although San Francisco is the largest of the three area airports and offers the most airlines and flights, some visitors find that San Jose’s smaller size makes it a somewhat more convenient alternative, especially for domestic flights.
Stanford’s location adjacent Palo Alto and Menlo Park offers an abundance of lodging choices, ranging from B&Bs and motels to luxury hotels.
Local Lodging List
Stanford’s Lodging Guide is based on proximity to campus and includes website links, rates, and contact information.
Destination Palo Alto
Other helpful lodging information is available at Destination Palo Alto.
There are discounted rates with the following hotels:
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
625 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Distance – 5 minutes from Taube Stadium
Rate – $129.00 per night (for singles & doubles) and taxes are not included
Cut-off Date – Tuesday, August 20
Reservations – Any dates from Thursday, August 29 to Monday, September 2. Reservations can be made by calling toll free 1-800-325-3535. Must mention USTA Junior Tennis Tournament in order to receive the group rate.
Crowne Plaza Cabana Palo Alto
4290 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, California 94306
Distance – 10 minutes from Taube Stadium
Rate – $145.00 per night (for singles & doubles) and taxes are not included
Cut-off Date – Tuesday, August 20
Reservations – Any dates from Friday, August 23 to Monday, September 2. Reservations can be made online using the group code, UT0, or contact the hotel directly at 1-888-422-2264 and give the group code, UT0.
USTA National selects the players for the USTA Regional Tournaments.
Players are accepted into the a USTA Regional Tournament draw of 32 in the following order:
• 6 players will be selected from the from the top 200 players on the most recent National Standing List of the next-younger age division.
• 25 players will be selected from the most recent National Standing List of the division of the event.
• 1 player may be selected by Wild Card. Unused Wild Cards will be filled by players from the National Standing List of the division of the event. Players must be eligible for national ranking to receive a Wild Card.
• Remaining vacancies will be filled by players from the National Standing List of the division of the event.
• In the 12 and under age division, 31 players will be selected from the most recent National Standing List.
Alternates are ordered as follows:
• Players with 100 or more ranking points on the National Standings List of the division of the event used to select players into the tournament shall be listed at the top of the alternate list in the order their names appear on such National Standings List.
• Players not previously selected or listed with 100 or more ranking points on the National Standings List of the next-younger division used to select players into the tournament shall be listed in the order their names appear on such National Standings List below the first group of players.
• Players not previously selected or listed shall be listed in the order their names appear on the National Standings List of the division of the event used to select players into the tournament below the second group of players.
• Players not previously selected or listed shall be listed in the order their names appear on the National Standings List of the next-younger division used to select players into the tournament below the third group of players.
• Late entrants shall be listed below all other alternates by the date and time on which the late entry is made. If multiple late entries are received at the same time, they shall be ordered by lot. Late entrants are not ordered by position on the National Standings List.
The criteria for selection of a player to receive a Wild Card is at the discretion of the Tournament Committee. For a USTA Regional Tournament draw of 32, one player may be selected as a Wild Card for each age division.
The wild card for each age division (B18s, B16s & G16s) will be given to the highest ranked Northern California player on the Northern California July Final Ranking list not selected into the tournament.
The three wild card players will be contacted once the Alternates Lists have been done.
Appropriate tennis attire is required at all times. Only shoes with non-marking soles are permitted. Clothing not considered proper tennis attire can include, but not be limited to:
• Sports bras worn alone (without a shirt).
• Shirts with references to sex, drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
• Compression shorts worn alone (not covered by shorts or a skirt).
MATCH AND SCORING
Match and scoring formats are as follows:
• Main Draw Singles (including playoff): Best of 3 Tiebreak Sets
• Feed-In Championships Matches: Best of 3 Tiebreak Sets with a 10-Point Match Tiebreak in Lieu of a 3rd Set
• Doubles: 8 Game Pro Set with a 7-Point Match Tiebreak at 8 games all
In fairness to all players, we are unable to grant avoidances for this tournament due to scheduling demands of the tournament.
ENTRY FEE REFUND
After entries close, no refunds will be given. Click this link for information provided by USTA National: Withdrawals and Entry Fee Refunds at USTA National Junior Tournaments
The Wilson US Open ball will be utilized for the tournament.
Click on the Selection Process tab to see how selections for this Regional will be made.
Entry to this tournament is restricted. To see how entrants will be selected, follow the “Selection Process” link to the left. It is the player’s responsibility to check the selection list(s) after registering online to be sure that a check mark appears beside the player’s name on the list, in order to insure proper registration. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:59:00 AM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 500053313 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.