TOURNAMENT EVALUATION REQUEST
SO...HOW DID WE DO?
Our goal was to make this the most pleasant and well run tournament you've played in this year. This is our FIRST ANNUAL NTRP. Help us make it an even BETTER 2nd Annual.
Take a moment...Please
Dear Tennis Players,
The draw has been posted since 1pm...Below is the link if you haven't seen it.
Some things to remember:
1) Traffic getting into Napa can be very rough. Remember this is Labor Day Weekend, so plan accordingly. There is a motor cycle race at the Infineon Raceway in Sonoma coming from the Marin side.
2) Parking will be in the lot adjacent to the spa (Signs will point you there). The check in desk is on the Mansion Side courts. If you see the Mansion, you won't be able to miss the courts. Signs from the parking area will direct you to the tennis area.
3) No warm up courts. We have a lot of matches to get though, so please find other courts in Napa to warm up on. I've linked to some other possibilities on the homepage.
4) Towels- Please do not take any of the hotels towels unless you are actually staying at the hotel.
5) Please stay in the tennis areas of the resort. This will be a busy weekend, so tennis players need to be courteous of other hotel guests. The pools are off limits as well as the spa. Tennis players may use the spa cafe to purchase food or use the restrooms. Once again,tournament hotel guests may use these areas and can get a wrist band at the check in desk to do so.
6) Food can be purchased at the Spa Cafe, The Grill Restaurant, or at Miller's Market.
Tournament Desk Check In
The main tournament desk check in will be the Mansion Side Courts between courts 1 and 4. This would be the east side of the resort.
Courts 1-6 are on the Mansion side and courts 7-13 are on the Spa side.
All NTRP Players Must Have an NTRP Rating
All players participating in a USTA NorCal sanctioned NTRP tournament must have an NTRP rating. If you do not have an NTRP rating, please click "more info" to obtain a self-rating.
Concurrent Tournament Rule
A player shall not be entered at the time entries close in two or more USTA sanctioned tournaments scheduled to take place at the same time, in whole or in part, unless each Tournament Committee involved understands the situation and concurs in writing. Players may play in concurrent tournaments provided those tournaments involved are advised of the conflict by the player prior to entry, and agree in writing to accept such concurrent entries and accommodate the player's schedule. The final decision rests with each tournament committee. If one tournament agrees to accept concurrent entries and accommodate the player's schedule but the concurrent tournament does not, the player may not enter both. If the player violates the rule against entering concurrent tournaments, such tournaments will not count toward ranking or Grand Prix points.
Urgent: Update on Draw/ and Consolation
Dear Tennis Players,
Thanks for your patience with the draw. We have more than 190 players playing in our two day tournament and this has forced us to make a couple concessions to the original tournament.
1. We will no longer have a consolation round for any matches. Most NTRP tournaments don't have consolation anyways, but if this is a big deal, please contact me by 9am tomorrow and I'll refund you your money if you would like to withdraw. An email must be by received by 9AM Thursday (9/30/12) to withdraw. That means, the draw will be posted by 1PM on Thursday.
Also, in order to get all the matches in each day, some match times will tentatively start at 7:30am on Saturday and Sunday. Norcal has approved this change to get the tournament completed in two days.
Please email with any questions. email@example.com
Thanks for your patience.....
Please note that we do not anticipate having practice courts
available for the tournament.
Please go to this link for a list of public tennis courts in Napa:
Come join us in beautiful Napa Valley. This is a great chance to
get in some great tennis in one of the most scenic places in the
world. Special room rates available for USTA
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Monday, August 27, 2012 11:59:00 PM Pacific Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 500005112 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.