Tournament Info & Player Waivers
Tournament Info and Details will be emailed on 9/12/20. Draws & first round-match-ups will be published and distributed on Monday, 9/14/2020. All players must sign waivers before participating in this event. Follow the more info link to sign waiver.
USTA SoCal FLEX Tournament in the San Fernando Valley!
Matches should be played in San Fernando Valley. Signing up for this event means you agree to play the matches in San Fernando Valley.
Divisions: Men's & Women's singles: 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5
Only 32 spots available per event - First come first serve.....Sign up today!
*Minimum of three players required to host event/division.
*Events/Divisions with 8 or fewer players will be played in a Round Robin format.
*Events/Divisions with 9 or more players will be played in Traditional Single Elimination Bracket Format with First Match Loss Consolation.
Play: Begins week of 9/14/20. Players will have approximately one week to coordinate and complete each round leading to the final (pending draw size). Players set up their own matches according to their schedules, however it is strongly encouraged to complete matches ASAP within the allotted time frame. Provided that the local and state authorities allow for it, the finals of the main draws and the consolation draws will be played at a SFV location TBD on November 8th.
WHERE: Matches can be played at any mutually agreed upon location between the players in or around San Fernando Valley. Players are encouraged to work together to agree on a date, time, and location to play all early round matches. In the rare event that players cannot agree, they should contact the tournament director immediately to find a resolution. The tournament director will work with both players to find a suitable solution but will ultimately have the final ruling.
Format: Best two out of three sets with regular scoring. USTA Rules apply.
WINNER RECEIVES $100 Tennis Warehouse GIFT CARD
FINALIST RECEIVE $50 Tennis Warehouse GIFT CARD
CONSOLATION FINALISTS WILL RECEIVE $25 Tennis Warehouse GIFT CARDS
*No consolation prizes in Round Robin format.
Unofficiated Matches & Sportsmanship
There will be no official on site during your match. If there are any issues, we expect you to be cooperative and solution oriented in resolving them. The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations requires good conduct, fair play and good sportsmanship. Tennis is a game that requires cooperation and courtesy. If you need assistance please reach out to the Tournament Director.
We do not condone poor sportsmanship in any setting, but expect the highest level of integrity from all players in our FLEX events.
Late Registrations may be accepted. Please reach out to the Tournament Director for details.
Late Registrations will incur a $10 fee.
USTA SAFETY GUIDELINES
Please adhere to the USTA's Playing Tennis Safely Guidelines linked below.
Here are some of the USTA's additional recommendations:
DO NOT PLAY IF YOU:
* Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus such as: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
* Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
PREPARING TO PLAY:
* Wash your hands with soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer), or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court.
* Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles.
* Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle.
* If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
* Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
* Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
* Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players and people.
* Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five).
* Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
* Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
* Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
* Do not use the locker room or changing area. Shower at home.
* No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after playing.
* All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Monday, September 7, 2020 11:59:00 PM Pacific Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 650011021 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.