This tournament is not sanctioned and will not count for ranking by the governing organization.
CATA Waiver of Claims
Due to the present conditions, all Players, Parents or Guardians must sign the Waiver of Claims prior to their first match. This waiver can be found on the link below under "more info". You can download it, print it, sign it and bring it with you to the tournament. We will have additional forms at the tournament for those who were unable to download it. If you already have participated on a previous Gran Prix and have signed this document, it is not necessary to do it again. Your waiver will be good until Dec 31, 2020. https://form.jotform.com/CAPITAL_AREA/waiver-form---gran-prix
All matches will be taking place at Grey Rock Tennis Club or GRTC on the draw sheets. Grey Rock can be found at 7401 TX-45, Austin, TX 78739.
Please check your draws as several of the first round matches take place on Friday evening. This event due to court availability will also finish up on Sunday morning.
There is an organization address on the top of the draw sheets. Please DO NOT show up at that address. Instead please show up at the address listed above that corresponds with your draw!
Other Important Tournament Information:
1. Water & Ice: Be sure to bring your own water, ice. We highly recommend all players bringing their own hand sanitizer to wipe down surfaces and benches you may come into contact with. Hand sanitizers will be available on site as well.
2. Tennis Balls: Each match will be given a new can of tennis balls.
3. Check-in/Guests: For players’ safety, players should come into the facility 20 minutes before their match time and check in with the person at the desk (FOR EACH MATCH). We also request that you do not invite guests, or that you limit the number of your guests. Please respect physical distancing guidelines for both you and your guest when checking in and moving about the facility.
4. Score Reporting, Next Match Notice & Used Balls: Players will be asked to report to the Tournament when called to start a match. Players can report results there and return the used tennis balls and place inside the designated box. Check your next time match posted on the tournament home page. Players are asked to leave the site as soon as their match is completed, and results reported (unless there is only a short rest period before your next match).
5. Food: Snacks may be available for purchase at Grey Rock. However, please bring your own snacks just in case.
6. Masks: for the consideration and safety of all our players, please wear a mask unless on-court, during your match. Also, guests must always wear a mask and should practice physical distancing when they are on-site.
Items to bring on tournament day:
Lots of water
Racket (always nice to have an extra as well)
First Aid Kit (hopefully won't be used!)
If you have questions please let me know! Otherwise, I will see you all this weekend.
Reminder for masks and Info on nearby food!
Hey Tournament Participant,
I just wanted to send a final reminder for spectators and participants to wear masks while not on court! People tend to gather in shady spots throughout the tournament weekends, and I want to make sure that we all are keeping as safe as possible!
Also, should you get hungry during the event and need a bite to eat, Grey Rock has a restaurant that will be open and taking orders throughout the weekend. It is located across the parking lot from the tennis courts.
Lets have fun and enjoy this great weekend weather! See you all this weekend!
Player Selection Type
The CATA Gran Prix Junior Tour is an eight tournament series
intended for beginner and intermediate players only. Please do not
register your player if they are a CHAMP or SUPERCHAMP. They will
not be allowed to participate.
Welcome to Grey Rock Tennis Club. Grey Rock is located at 7401
TX-45, Austin, TX 78739. Connor Bond is the Tournament Director and
may be reached via cell phone number at 512-968-6660.
Tournament seeding was established first by USTA Texas Challenger
standings list and second by CATA Gran Prix Junior Tour standings
Please arrive 15-30 minutes before scheduled match time and be
ready to play when you check in.
This tournament is part of the 2020 CATA Gran Prix Junior Tour
Tournament Series for city ranking purposes;
Due to ranking component, competitors must also not reside in an
area in which another USPTA Gran Prix Circuit outside of CATA's is
Due to court availability play may begin on Friday
(no earlier than 5:00 pm) and end on Sunday.
*All participants must sign a waiver in order to
play* Waivers will be sent out by Tournament Organizer. If unable
to fill out prior to event, extra forms will be available to sign
on site at tournament desk.
FORMAT: 12-18's - 8 game pro-set, no ad scoring. 7 pt tiebreaker at
7-7. Players are guaranteed two matches.
10 & under GREEN - full court (78'), green dot ball, any length
racquet. Each match is two short sets first to 4 games, no-ad
scoring, sudden death game at 3-3. A 7-point tie breaker is player
if each player wins a set.
10 & under ORANGE - 60 ft court, orange low compression ball,
25" maximum racquet length. Each match is two short sets of first
to 4 games, no-ad scoring, sudden death game at 3-3. A 7-point
tie-breaker is player if each player wins a set.
Events: Non-qualified Boys/Girls Singles ages 8-18. Entry fee $33
($30 per player + $3 non-refundable TennisLink fee).
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to USTA Members, USTA Members who have an expired membership and Non-USTA Members. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, September 27, 2020 11:59:00 PM Central Time.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 800068020 from the searchable schedule homepage.
Division and Draw Type Abbreviations
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.