TWO SITE SATURDAY MORNING/AFTERNOON
WE WILL BE USING TWO SITES ON SATURDAY MORNING/AFTERNOON TO ACCOMMODATE A LARGER SCHEDULE. THE FOLLOWING DIVISIONS WILL PLAY SOME MATCHES AT PELHAM RACQUET CLUB ON SATURDAY
SITES ARE LISTED ON DRAWS AS:
GREY (GREYSTONE CC)
PRC (PELHAM RACQUET CLUB)
COVID-19 - REQUIREMENTS
The items listed below by bullet point are in place to help reduce COVID-19 risks, but items 1 and 2 are the fundamental points that all players and parents need to adhere to:
1. If you do not feel comfortable playing tennis- DO NOT PLAY.
2. If you are sick with any symptoms at ALL, DO NOT ATTEND OR PLAY A MATCH!
3. We ask that each participant limit her spectators to two per players. Please bring your own chair and maintain 6 foot social distancing at all times.
4. Our Tennis Shop is limited to 5 entrants at a time. You must use hand sanitizer before entering building. We will have sanitizer provided outside door.
The following requirements are in place for all players and parents at this tournament in order to make it as safe as possible for everyone:
* Participant has not traveled out of the country in the 14 days prior to the tournament.
* Participant has not been experiencing a cough, difficulty breathing or a loss in taste/smell at the start of the tournament.
* Participant does not have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above at the start of the tournament.
* Participant has not been in contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the tournament.
* Participant agrees to not participate in the tournament if they become sick at the start of the tournament.
* Participant agrees to exit the facility immediately upon completion of their match and reporting of their scores.
* Participant agrees to maintain a six-foot distance from all other persons at the tennis center, except when they are competing in a match.
* Participant agrees not to use the facility’s water fountain except the bottle filler.
* Participant understands that masks are not required, but are highly recommended when at the tennis center and not competing in a match.
* As a parent of a participant, I agree to abide by the same restrictions as noted above for the participants.
* As a parent of a participant, I understand that my child’s temperature may be taken if they begin to show signs of illness during the tournament, and I must pick them up immediately if their temperature is 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASKS AT TOURNAMENTS
While at tournaments, please maintain a distance of 6 ft between yourself and people who don’t live in your household. Also, everyone should wear a mask at tournaments when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS TO BRING YOU AS CLOSE TO OUR FACILITY AS POSSIBLE. WE ALSO HAVE NICE SIGNAGE UPON ENTERING NEIGHBORHOOD GATE.
5264 GREYSTONE WAY
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35242
Water - Ice - Food
* We will not have water jugs on courts. We recommend bringing your own water jug or sports drinks.* Our ice machine will be used only for medical needs by our staff.* We will have snacks for sale, as well as Powerade.
*We have water and ice filling stations, but will not provide cups.
We will not have practice courts on Saturday 8am-5pm. Below are two public park facilities that have courts open on a first come-first serve basis.
Heardmont Park (4 courts)
5452 Cahaba Valley Road, Birmingham, ALBirmingham, Alabama 35242
Chelsea Tennis Courts (4 Courts)
Take Highway 280 EAST towards Auburn. Turn RIGHT on Highway 51. Courts 1/2 mile on right.
Youth Progression for 10 and under Events:
All Players ages 10 and under must play thru the new Youth Progression System. Starting with 2017 Tournaments players will only be allowed to enter tournaments at their approved level or one level below. No playing up will be allowed. In general players will find the progression from Orange 2(entry Level, will count as a level 5) to Orange 1(intermediate Level will count as a level 4) the quickest, then from Orange 1 to Green Level 10's(Advanced will count as at least a level 3) slightly more difficult, then from Green Level 10's to Yellow Ball play in 12's more difficult. Once a player ages up to 11 they will be eligible for Yellow Ball Play automatically. We hope the New Progression Pathway will help all players find their natural pathway.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, September 15, 2020 11:59:00 PM Central Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 700069820 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.