If you are entering the Mixed Doubles, choose OPEN Mixed Doubles. We will put you into the proper age division. You and your partner must add up to at least 120 years combined ... we'll be checking !!!
The 2019 NSMTA National Senior Doubles Championships will take place September 27th, 28th & 29th, 2019. The men's divisions are designated as a USTA National Category III event with the winners receiving 300 national points.
Also included this year are two mixed doubles divisions … a combined age 120 and a combined age 140. These are non-sanctioned divisions this year.
The format for all divisions in this tournament will be round-robin groups feeding into an elimination draw.
• Matches will be played on the 6 har-tru courts at Farm Neck Golf Club and an additional 4 har-tru courts at Vineyard Family Tennis, if necessary, starting at 9am on Friday.
• All players will start in round-robin groups, guaranteeing them two to three matches with the winner of each group advancing to the elimination round. A perfect example would be a draw of 16 in 4 round-robin groups so that each team plays three matches. The winner of each group then advances to the semis. Draws that have groups less than 4 teams will have the opportunity of additional matches against other teams that did not qualify for the elimination draw.
• Players should be prepared to play two matches per day. The format will be best 2 of 3 sets with a Match Tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set. Scoring with a TRIPLE DEUCE will be used, i.e., on the third deuce, the next point decides the game.
• Limited free housing will be available for registered players on a first-come-first-served basis.
• Hotel, motel, inn, and house rental accommodations will be available at discounted rates.
• Complimentary car service will be provided to/from Oak Bluffs accommodations to/from the courts.
• Each player will receive a tournament high-performance t-shirt. Winners & Finalists receive tournament trophies.
• Players Banquet on Saturday at Farm Neck Golf Club. Guests are welcomed at the nominal cost of $35.00.
• Free court time will be available to all players and guests the week before and after the tournament.
• A complimentary round of golf will be available the Wednesday and Thursday before the tournament and the Monday after.
Travel & Accommodations Information
Because Martha's Vineyard is a resort destination, hotels, inns, house rentals, and ferries get booked early. So, if you are planning on playing in this event, there are a few things you need to do WELL IN ADVANCE. Bearing in mind that matches will start early on Friday morning, we suggest you plan to arrive no later than Thursday, September 26th.
• If you want to bring your car to the island you should make a ferry reservation well in advance. You can do this online at steamshipauthority.com.
• If you are not bringing your car, you don’t need a reservation for the ferry. You will simply buy a ticket at the terminal at Wood’s Hole and walk on.
• Discount car rentals will be available with Budget. A tournament discount code will be provided.
There are direct flights into Martha's Vineyard Airport (MVY) with service from surrounding airports.
There are hotels, inns and private house rentals available. We have also compiled a list of people willing to have you stay in their homes for the weekend at no cost to you (In-home Stay). This will be handled on a first-come-first-served basis for those registered for the tournament. But we urge you to make your reservations as soon as possible – September is a wonderful month here on Martha's Vineyard and accommodations can be at a premium.
• Pequot Hotel (Oak Bluffs): 10% off published prices - call 508-693-5087 &mention tournament
• Summercamp (Oak Bluffs): 10% off published prices - call 508-693-6611 & mention tournament
• Mansion House (Vineyard Haven): 15% off published prices - call 508-693-2200 & mention tournament
• Surfside Hotel (Oak Bluffs): 508-693-2500
• Dockside Inn (Oak Bluffs): (508) 693-2966
• The Oak Bluffs Inn (Oak Bluffs): (508) 693-7171
• Isabelle's Beach House (Oak Bluffs): (508) 693-3955
• Madison Inn (Oak Bluffs): (508) 693-2760
• There are housing rentals available through one of our major sponsors: Martha's Vineyard Real Estate. Call Skip Dostal at 508-789-1747 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Airbnb rentals are also available on the island ... go to Airbnb.com.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 450073319 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.