Tournament status: Sunday 3/31, 7:10am
Good Morning tournament players,
We looking forward to have a great Sunday of tennis, We are good to start matches on time.
Call me if any questions, Ramon Gomez 787-616-5203
SATURDAY 8:30p.m. NEW MATCH TIMES NOW POSTED for SUNDAY!
Please review your draw carefully. ALL matches are still being played at Bay Area Racquet Club.
All Divisions will play best 2 out of three short sets to 4, win by 2, no ad scoring. 7 point set tiebreak if 4 games all. If you split your two short sets, a 10 point match tiebreak will be played in lieu of a full third set.
Junior Doubles will play one set to 6 games, win by 2. no ad scoring. 7 point tiebreak if 6 games all.
If for some reason you CANNOT play and you need to withdraw, please text Site Coordinator Ramon Gomez 787-616-5203 cell.
SATURDAY 5:20pm WEATHER UPDATE. ALL MATCHES CANCELLED FOR SATURDAY
RAIN HAS COME AGAIN. ALL MATCHES ARE CANCELLED FOR TODAY.
PLEASE CHECK DRAWS AT 9PM FOR NEW MATCH TIMES FOR SUNDAY!
If you know you cannot play Sunday and need to withdraw,
please text Eric 832-428-5048 at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
WEATHER UPDATE-MATCH SCHEDULE, 3:00PM @ BARC.
CURRENT TIME IS 3PM AND COURTS ARE DRYING AND WILL BE READY AT 4. SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
ALL MATCHES THAT WERE ON COURT WHEN RAIN STARTED REPORT AT 4 READY TO PLAY
ALL ORIGINAL 12:45 THROUGH 1:00 MATCHES REPORT AT 4:00PM READY TO PLAY
ALL ORIGINAL 1:15 THROUGH 1:30 MATCHES REPORT AT 4:30 READY TO PLAY
ALL ORIGINAL 1:45 THROUGH 2:00 MATCHES REPORT AT 5:00 READY TO PLAY
ALL ORIGINAL 2:15 THROUGH 3:00 MATCHES REPORT AT 5:30 READY TO PLAY
ALL ORIGINAL 3:15 THROUGH 3:45 MATCHES REPORT AT 6:15 READY TO PLAY
ALL ORIGINAL 4:00 THROUGH 4:45 MATCHES REPORT AT 6:45 READY TO PLAY
ALL ORIINAL 5:00 THROUGH 5:45 MATCHES REPORT AT 7:15 READY TO PLAY
WEATHER UPDATE SATURDAY 2:00PM @BARC
JUST RAINED AGAIN BUT RAINED HAS STOPPED AS OF NOW.
NO MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED BEFORE 4PM. PLEASE CHECK BACK AT 3PM FOR NEXT UPDATE.
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE TXT 281-838-9809
WEATHER UPDATE, SATURDAY 1:32PM @BARC LOCATION
RAIN HAS STOPPED BUT COURTS ARE SOAKED. WE ARE CURRENTLY SQUEEGING COURTS. WE ARE MONITORING RADAR AS OF NOW.
AT THIS POINT WE ARE HOPING FOR A 3:00PM START TIME.
ALL MATCHES THAT WERE ON COURT PLEASE PLAN TO REPORT AND PLAY AT 3PM. ALL OTHER MATCHES PLEASE CHECK BACK AT 2:30 FOR UPDATE
PLEASE TXT RAY IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS 281-838-9809
WEATHER DELAY UPDATE. SATURDAY 12:55PM @ BARC
CURRENTLY RAINING HARD. ALL MATCHES SUSPENDED
THERE WILL BE NO MATCHES PLAYED BEFORE 2:30pm
PLEASE CHECK WEBSITE AT 1:30 FOR NEXT UPDATE
TXT RAY WITH ANY QUESTIONS 281-838-9809
LOCATION, SCORING FORMATS, CONTACT INFORMATION!
ALL Matches will be played @ Bay Area Racquet Club all weekend! Because we are keeping all matches at one site, we appreciate your patience in advance if some matches run long. The Great thing is everyone will be in the very cozy and comfortable Bay Area Racquet Club!!
Bay Area Racquet Club (BARC) on Draws.
17901 Kings Park LN.
Houston, TX 77058
If you need to withdraw anytime thru Friday, please text Eric 832-428-5048 cell.
Saturday Site Coordinator- Raymond Martinez 281-838-9809 cell
Sunday Site Coordinator Ramon Gomez 787-616-5203 cell
All Junior & Adult Singles & Adult Doubles- best 2 out of 3 regular scoring sets. 10 point match tiebreak in lieu of a full third.
Junior Doubles- (1) 8 game pro set, regular scoring, first to win 8 games by two. 7 point tiebreak if 8 games all.
INCLEMENT WEATHER- WHAT SHOULD I DO??
In the case of any inclement weather, tournament staff will post clear messages on the tournament homepage. These will be clearly marked with a time stamp of when the message is posted and each message will provide a clear status and any other applicable details. It is very important to routinely check your draws as there are withdrawals throughout the week. Do NOT wait until Saturday to review your draw! PLAN AHEAD...
Contact your tournament director at anytime: 832-428-5048 Eric cell
HOST HOTEL- COURTYARD by MARRIOTT- AMAZING RATES!!
Courtyard by Marriott
18100 Saturn Ln. (less than 2 minutes from the club)!!
Mention Bay Area Racquet Club when making reservations by telephone.Hotel – 281.333.0220
National Reservations – 888.236.2427
Some of the wonderful benefits your guests will enjoy while staying with us:
• New Hotel - Opened Summer 2012
• Newest Marriott Property in Clear Lake
• (17) Miles From Hobby Airport
• (47) Miles from George Bush (IAH) Airport
• Complimentary Self-Parking
• 24 Hour Business Library
• Boarding Pass Station
• 52” Interactive GoBoard Puts Local Restaurants, Area Maps, News Headlines And Weather At Your Finger Tips
• On-Site Guest Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services Available
• On-Site Bistro Restaurant Serving Breakfast, Dinner and Evening Beer, Wine and Cocktail Services
• 24-hour Market Store - Features a Variety of Sundries
• Starbucks Services through Bistro Restaurant
• Restaurants Within Walking Distance of Hotel
• 124 Spacious Guestrooms and Suites
• 32” Flat Screen Televisions
• Ergonomic Work Desk
• Complimentary Wireless Internet
• In-Room Refrigerator and Coffeemaker
• Complimentary Workout Facility
• Outdoor Pool and Splash Pad
• Soft Seating Outdoor Patio with Water Features
• Nearby Recreational Options for Water Sports
• Adjacent to NASA /Space Center Houston
• Five Miles From Kemah Boardwalk
Youth Tennis Texas Website:
For more information on Challenger, CMZ, or SCMZ schedules, and "Junior Know The Rules," please visit www.youthtennistexas.com
10 & Under Regulation - Junior Other Tournaments
All junior other sanctioned tournaments offer 10 & Under Orange Ball Division (orange ball, 60 foot court and 25 inch racquet) and 10 & Under Green Ball Division (green dot ball, 78 foot court and 27 inch racquet). Please register for the correct division based upon age, Challenger tournament credit / wins, etc. All tournament entries are verified by the section office. For the full 10 & Under regulation, please click here
Excessive Overrule Guideline: The USTA Texas Officials Committee along with the Competitive Department has established a guideline in reference to excessive overrules as clarified in the Friend at Court. This guideline states "Once a player has been overruled for a second time in a match, they will be cautioned that after another overrule, they will be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct under the point penalty system."
ATTENTION ALL SPECTATORS
(INCLUDES PARENTS, COACHES, RELATIVES, FRIENDS, ETC.)
In an effort to promote a more enjoyable and fair experience for all, the following policy is in immediate force and effect, and shall be diligently and stringently enforced. USTA Texas has implemented a “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy for improper behavior.
1. Any attempt by a spectator to speak to the official in an abusive or disrespectful manner regarding a line call or other ruling during match play shall be cause for immediate removal from the playing area and, if warranted, from the premises.
2. Any spectator behavior deemed unacceptable towards a player, other spectator or staff member shall be cause for immediate removal from the playing area or the entire premises. If said behavior is directed towards a player, either before, during or after a tournament, it shall result in an automatic and immediate suspension of that spectator’s right to attend USTA Texas tournaments, for a period of time to be determined by the USTA Texas Discipline and Grievance Committee.
3. Refusal to adhere to a removal request shall trigger immediate enforcement of the point penalty system against the player with whom the spectator is involved (per point penalty system regulations), including possible immediate default from the tournament.
4. The On-Site Official is the SOLE judge regarding unacceptable behavior.
There are no refunds for withdrawals after the entry deadline or for weather related cancellations.
Inappropriate umpire/spectator communication, whether it be about a ruling or any other facet of a tennis event is prohibited while a match is in progress. Being a parent, coach, etc. does not endow special privileges. With the only exception of the right to remove their own child from competition at any time, a parent or coach is merely a spectator.
Let your Love of Tennis put extra cash in your pocket!
Become a Tennis Official Today https://www.usta.com/en/home/about-usta/who-we-are.html#officiating
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Monday, March 25, 2019 11:59:00 PM Central Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 800005819 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.