Updated / Completed Draws ... please be patient ... it make take a minute or two to download.
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a few minutes to
tell USTA about your experience with this tournament by completing a short
survey at the following link:
For many years a very popular senior men’s doubles tournament was held in Chatham, MA. It drew some of the top doubles players from New England in the 65 and 70 age divisions. That tournament ceased several years ago. We wish to recreate the congenial atmosphere and camaraderie of that tournament and have expanded the men’s age divisions to include 60, 65, 70 and 75.
The inaugural NSMTA National Senior Men’s Doubles Championships will take place September 28th, 29th & 30th, 2018. This tournament is designated as a USTA National Category III event.
Because Martha’s Vineyard is a very popular destination, hotels, inns, house rentals and ferries get booked early. So, there are a few things you need to do WELL IN ADVANCE. Bearing in mind that matches will start early on Friday morning, we suggest you plan to arrive on Thursday.
• If you want to bring your car to the island you should make a ferry reservation soon. You can do this online at: steamshipauthority.com.
• If you aren't bringing your car, you don't need a reservation for the ferry. You will simply buy a ticket at the terminal at Wood's Hole and walk on. Transportation to and from the courts will be provided.
• Discount car rentals are available with Budget.
• There are direct flights into Martha's Vineyard airport (MVY) with service from surrounding airports.
There are hotels, inns and private house rentals available. We have also compiled a list of people willing to have you stay in their homes for the weekend at no cost to you (In-home Stay). This will be handled on a first-come-first served basis for those registered for the tournament. But we urge you to make your reservations as soon as possible – September is a wonderful month here and accommodations can be at a premium.
• Mansion House (mvmansionhouse.com) ... call (800-332-4112) to make a reservation at the tournament discounted rate ... tell them that you are with the “Tennis Tournament” Group.
• Narragansett House (narragansetthouse.com)
• Pequot Hotel (listing on expedia.com)
• Summercamp (summercamphotel.com) … call (508-693-6611) to make a reservation at the tournament discounted rate ... tell them that you are with the “Tennis Tournament” Group.
• The Dockside Inn (vineyardinns.com)
• The Surfside Hotel (mvsurfside.com)
House Rentals: Contact Skip Dostal (email@example.com)
In-home Stay: Contact Sarah Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) (must be registered in the tournament)
Match Formats, Schedule & Amenities
* Matches will be played on the 6 har-tru courts at Farm Neck Golf Club starting at 9am on Friday.
* All players will start in Round Robin groups, guaranteeing them two to three matches with the winner of each group advancing to the elimination round. A perfect example would be a draw of 16 in 4 round robin groups so that each team plays three matches. The winner of each group then advances to the semis.
* Players should be prepared to play two matches per day.
* The format will be best 2 of 3 sets with a Match Tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set. Scoring with a TRIPLE DEUCE will be used, i.e., on the third deuce, the next point decides the game.
* There are hotel, motel, inn and house rental accommodations available at discounted rates.
* Limited free housing will be available for registered players on a first-come-first-served basis.
* Each player will receive a tournament t-shirt.
* Winners & Finalists receive tournament trophies.
* Players Party on Saturday at Farm Neck Golf Club. Guests welcomed at a nominal cost of $25.00.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Wednesday, September 19, 2018 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 450065518 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.