Extra draw: See below
We are working on the extra draw schedule. Match times will be posted later Sunday morning.
DRAWS HAVE BEEN POSTED. SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFO.
Site abbreviations on the draws: RRCC = Raleigh Racquet Club Clay. RRCH = Raleigh Racquet Club Hard. NHCH = North Hills Club Hard. BHP = Biltmore Hils Park. OPT = Optimist Park. Addresses of alternate sites. North Hills Club - 4824 Yadkin Dr. Raleigh. Optimist Park - 5500 Dixon Dr. Raleigh. *note that the courts at Optimist Park are located behind the student parking lot of Sanderson HS at 5500 Dixon Dr. Do not go to the community center. Biltmore Hills Park - 2615 Fitzgerald Dr. Raleigh.
Alternates - Top Five Listed.
B18's: 1) Almontaser. B16's: 1) Alex Kim. 2) Theodossiou 3) Dylan Whisnant.
4) L. Friedland. 5) Junious Whitaker. B14's: 1)Gilleland. 2) Rishi Kakkkar. 3) Ayaz Patel.
11U Green Ball Event
CRITERIA FOR 11 AND UNDER GREEN BALL STA LEVEL 3 EVENTS:
1. January 1 to September 1 is a “grace period” where players have the opportunity to play green ball or yellow to try to reach a 12 & under standing of 300.
2. After September 1, all players aged 11 & under will be required to play green ball to reach the benchmark of 300 in the 12U Division in order to progress to 12U yellow ball play. When the top 300 benchmark is reached, players will be added to the Top 300 12U Benchmark Players, which can be found here.
Note: Age-eligible 11U players who have reached the Top 300 Benchmark may participate in the 11U Green division. This change was put in effect May 19, 2015 for tournaments through December 31, 2015.
3. Points for the 11 & under Green division will be awarded STA L4 Points for the Feed InThru Quarterfinals table, which can be found here.
4. One player from the top 20 of the 10 and under standings will be included in the draw of eight.
5. Player must be 11 & under and sign up for this tournament in the “12 & Under Green Ball Division”. Players who are not age-eligible to participate will be moved into the 12 & Under Yellow Ball Division where they fall on the list.
6. Players may enter both 11 & under green and 12 & under yellow. When selections are made, the 12 and under yellow is selected first, and if the player is selected, he/she is removed from consideration for the 11U green.
Medical Release Form
Please print and bring to your first scheduled match.
EACH EVENT LIMITED TO 32 PLAYERS
Player Selection Type
Draws with more than 24 players will use the waterfall system with
two balanced draws of 16 players.
New Event for 11 and Under Boys and Girls
The Southern Junior Competition Committee has created a new event
to help players transition from the Orange Ball in the 10's to the
Yellow ball in the 12 and under Championship events. There will be
a limited draw (8 players each) for 11 and under Boys and Girls.
The playing format will be the same as the Championship 12 but
these events will use Green Dot Balls. To Sign up use the 12 &
CRITERIA FOR 11 AND UNDER STA LEVEL 3 EVENTS:
- 1.January 1 to September 1 is a "grace period" where players have
the opportunity to play green ball or yellow to try to reach a 12
& Under standing of 300.
- 2. After September 1, all 11 & under players will be required
to play green ball to reach the benchmark of 300 .
- 3.Once a player reaches the 300, they are out of the green ball
play. (they will still be eligible for their State's 12 and Under
green if they do not feel comfortable with the yellow ball) .
- 4.The point tables being used for 11 & Under points is a bit
different (fewer points) to be posted soon. .
- 5.One player from the top 20 of the 10's will be included in the
draw of eight .
Using the latest USTA/Southern standing list, the top 32 players
applying from each age group will be selected by the Southern
Office. 28 players from the age group will be selected and up to 4
players from the younger age group that have a top 40 standing and
are not in the selected 28. Each group of 32 players selected from
each age group will be divided into two draws of 16 each. We will
be using a waterfall system to make sure each of the two draws are
balanced by strength. A change to this process is that prior to
splitting players using the waterfall system, the players selected
from the younger age group will be placed in their proper position
based on strength. The 32 players were split as follows: Red
Registering for two Divisions
Players are allowed to enter two divisions with these guidelines:
(1) Players selected to both age divisions they apply for will
automatically be selected to the older age division. They will be
removed from the other age division.(2) Players not selected to
either division would remain on the alternate's lists for both
divisions but would be obligated to play the division they first
get in, from the alternate list. They will be removed from the
Alternate list in the other division. (3) Players selected to one
age division will be removed from the alternates list of the other
division.(4) Once a player is selected for any one division no
changes can be made.
There will be Extra Draws for players who lose in first round of
the consolation. Players will play at least one more round (minimum
of three matches) unless there is a bye.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN ONCE ENTRIES CLOSE
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is restricted. Please consult your Section or District rules and regulations for entry requirements for this tournament. If you enter this tournament and are not eligible, any refund is as the discretion of the Tournament Director. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 700064615 from the searchable schedule homepage.
Division and Draw Type Abbreviations
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.