Thanks to all who played, watched, and enjoyed the wonderful weather and great tennis!
Tennis Recruiting.net National Showcase Series
The North Georgia JR Open is a proud to be a part of the Tennis Recruiting.net National Showcase Series. Tournaments in the National Showcase Series are USTA sanctioned junior tournaments open to players from all sections. These tournaments are designed to give a broad range of players the chance to compete outside their districts and sections - and these tournaments will count towards Tennis Recruiting rankings !! Players who compete in these tournaments and win at least one match will become NATIONAL PLAYERS for their Tennis Recruiting rankings. Click the "more info" for additional information regarding the National Showcase Series.
The Tennis Recruiting Network – also known as TennisRecruiting.net – is the premier website for junior tennis. There is something for everyone – junior players, their parents, college coaches, and fans.
- Weekly rankings by graduation year show how recruits stack up against each other.
- Players can market themselves to college coaches by updating their player profiles – completely free of charge.
- Coaches can add players to their “watch lists” and receive email updates about recruit activity.
- With extensive information about tens of thousands of recruits – and articles from recruiting experts and former coaches – there is something for everyone at TennisRecruiting.net.
Photographers from TennisRecruiting.net will be in attendance taking action photos Saturday through Tuesday.
Come and meet TRN !!
Representatives from TennisRecruiting.net will be on hand Saturday to take player action photos and explain how to take advantage TRN's capabilities, as well as, make TRN part of your college selection process.
Click "more info" for NOAA Weather forecast and radar.
Sunday Match Times
To view an alphbetical First Match Time Report, click "more info".
Twitter with the North GA Open
Get instant tournament and weather updates sent to your phone via Twitter or on your Twitter account.
Just log in to Twitter to follow North GA Open. Search for user "NorthGAOpen" or click "more info".
To receive text updates through Twitter make sure you activate your mobile device through your twitter account and then turn device updates on for "NorthGAOpen"
Remember, our Twitter address is NorthGAOpen.
Draw and Match formats
- All draws will be Full Feed-in-consolation.
- Two rounds of main draw and one round of consolation will be scheduled for Saturday.
- Main Draw Semi-finals, 3/4 playoffs, and Finals will be played on Sunday (except for Girls' 12).
- Consolation Quater Finals, Semi-finals and Finals will be played on Sunday,
- All main draw matches will play the best of 3 sets.
- Consolations will play two sets with at 10-pt match tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set.
- Monday is a RAIN DAY only.
- Friday 6:00-7:30pm - Courtesy Early Check-in (Rome Floyd Tennis Center).
- Saturday 6:30am - Check-in Desk opens at Rome Floyd
- Saturday 8:00am - Singles play begins at all sites.
- All events will play 2 rounds of singles on Saturday.
- Sunday 7:15am - A 15-20 minute Non-denominational Chapel Service will be held at Rome Floyd Tennis Center.
- Sunday - Two rounds of Main Draw and up to 3 rounds of Consolation Singles will be played.
- Monday: RAIN DAY only.
Rest periods between singles matches
The following heat policy will be implemented: When players are scheduled to play 2 or 3 singles matches in one day, they will be offered a rest period equal to the length of their first match (up to 2.5 hours). This rest period policy does not depend on match format. A player is not obligated to take an extended rest period.
Since the North Georgia Junior Open will select players based on Natoinal standing, events will be seeded based on the most recent National Standing. Other standings and player records will be considered if National standings are insufficient.
Etowah Park and Alto Park
Directions will be available at the tournament desk.
SCROLL DOWN for Hotel and complete tournament information.
Detailed Driving Directions are at the bottom of page.
HOST HOTELS (alphabetically listed)
BEST WESTERN EXECUTIVE INN
217 Hwy. 411 S., Rome, 30161, 706-234-3161,
- Guest Rooms: $ 75.00 standard King or Queen/Queen Room. (Rate available directy by phone with hotel.)
- Oversized Rooms and King Suites available at a higher rate.
- Complimentary Expanded Continental Breakfast, FREE High Speed Internet, Micro-fridges, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, and hair dryers in all rooms.
- Cancellation policy: Must cancel by 4:00pm on the day before arrival to avoid one room night being charged.
23 Chateau Drive, Rome 30161 - Phone: 706.232.6055 - Fax: 706.232.1110
- Standard King Suite Guest Rooms: $109.00 (Sleeps 3 w/pull out sofa bed), Standard Double Queen Suite Guest Room: $119.00 (Sleeps 5 w/pull out sofa bed)
- "Event Rates" available only by calling Hotel.
- All rooms have 37" flat-screen TV, Mini fridge, and microwave.
- FREE High Speed Wireless Internet, Indoor pool open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness Center, Complimentary USA Today, Free HBO Movie Channel.
- Deluxe HOT Continental Breakfast Including Hot Eggs, Variety of Hot Breakfast Meats, Belgian Waffles, Pastries, Variety of Cereals, Fresh Fruit, and other great breakfast items.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid one night room charge.
Comfort Suites - Rome looks forward to providing deluxe accommodations during your stay in Rome for the Tennis Tournaments!
COUNTRY INN and SUITES
231 Hwy 411 S. Rome, 30161, 706-232-3380.
- Standard Room: $89.00 (King), 2 Queen Beds: $95.00, 2-Room Suites: $115 (King) & $125.00(2 Queen).
- Newly remodeled, one million dollars spent in renovations and upgrades.
- THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES is Rome’s finest award winning hotel, offering amenities comparable to upper scale hotels such as: expanded breakfast bar, free high speed internet access, out-door pool, in-room voice mail, in-room data ports, micro-fridge in all rooms, one bedroom suites, and many more.
- For some it’s the cozy accommodations, breakfast and great rates. For others it’s the little things we do with the personal touches of home.
- Cancellation Policy: Adjustments to arrival dates must be made 48 hours prior to arrival.
840 Turner McCall Blvd., Rome, 30161 706-295-0400.
- Guest Rooms: $64.00 + tax.
- Business Center, Free Wireless High Speed Internet, Gym/Fitness Center, Meeting/banquet Space, Swiming Pool
>Free Daybreak Breakfast and Free USA Today
- Free Local Calls and 800 # Access
- All rooms have: Microwave, Refrigerator, Alarm Clock, Hairdryer, Iron and Ironing Board
- Copy and Fax Service
- 24-hr Coffee in Lobby, Coffee Maker In All Rooms, RV - Bus Parking.
- Cancellation policy: Cancel prior to 4pm the day of arrival to avoid a one-night charge.
390 Dodd Blvd SE, Rome, GA, 706-234-0014
- Standard Guest Room: $52.00 Single or Double + tax
- Free Wireless Internet access
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Free local calls plus 800 access
- All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (irons, ironing boards and hair dryer available at front desk)
- Copy and fax service
- All rooms are indoor corrider
- Cancellation policy - Cancel prior to 6:00 pm day of arrival to avoid 1 night charge.
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
(Adjacent to and managed by Country Inn and Suites.)
35 Hobson Way, Rome, GA 30161 706-232-0021
- Standard Guest Room: $95.00 (King), 2 Queen Beds: $104.00, King Suite with Sleeper Sofa: $120 , 2-Queen Suite with Sleeper Sofa: $130 (13% Tax)
- State of the art, brand new.
- All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, and 32-inch Flat Panel HD TV.
- Complimentary Hot Full Breakfast Buffet.
- Fitness Center and Business Center on site.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 48 hous prior to arrival to avoid a one-night penalty.
LAQUINTA INN & SUITES
15 Chateau Drive, Rome, GA, 30152, Phone 706-291-1034, Fax 706-291-1036, Laquintarome@aol.com
- Standard Guest Room: (1 King or 2 Queen Beds) $89.99
- King Suite (1 King with Pull out Sofa Bed) $109.99
- Family Suite (2 Queen Beds with Pull Out sofa Bed) $129.99
- All Rooms have Fridge, Microwave, Coffee Maker and 32” Flat screen T.V.
- Earn Points or Airline Miles With each Stay
- Fitness Center, Business Center, Onsite Guest Laundry, Pool & Spa
- Free High-speed Wired/Wireless Internet
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 4 P.M Day before Arrival to avoid one night room charge.
40 Grace Dr., Rome, 30161, 706-291-7797, Fax 706-291-6858, email@example.com
- Guest Rooms: $70.00 (Single King or 2 Full-size Beds)....."Tennis Rate" available only by calling Hotel.
- All rooms have 37" flat-screen TV, fridge, and microwave.
- FREE High Speed Wireless Internet, Indoor pool open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness Center, Compliementary USA Today, Free Showtime Movie Channel.
- Deluxe Continental Breakfast including biscuits and gravy, Belgian waffles, variety of grits/oatmeal, fruit, and much, much more.
- Join Choice Privileges to take advantage of promotions. Click "more info" for details.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel by 6:00 PM the day before arrival to avoid one night's room charge.
RIVER CITY INN
712 Avenue A, Rome, GA 30165, 706-314-1115, Fax 706 314 1120
- Guest Rooms: $59.99 - Double and $59.99 - King. A Complimentary Continental Breakfast is included.
- The River City Inn is less than 1/2 mile from Rome Floyd Tennis Center.
- For the comfort of our guests, we offer all NON-SMOKING rooms.
- All our King rooms have a Temper-Pedic matrtress to provide a more peaceful and sound nights sleep.
- Each room with Doubles Beds has Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattresses for the added comfort of a restful sound sleep
- Cancellation policy: In order to avoid a penalty, all cancellations must be completed 24 hours prior to arrival.
Withdrawals and Refunds
- After the entry deadline and entries have closed, a player shall not withdraw from a tournament except for illness, injury, personal emergency, or previously authorized entry into another tournament.
- If you withdraw online before entries close, there is no penalty and your entry fee will be credited by the TennisLink entry system.
- Since there are fewer than 7 days until the start of the tournament, if you withdraw after entries close, there will be no refund regardless of reason.
USTA Georgia regulations require that we use Stage 1 (green dot) balls for 12 and under divisions. We will use the Penn Control+ green dot ball for 12's.
14, 16, and 18 divisions will use the ProPenn Marathon Extra Duty ball.
Medical Release Form
As you already know, everyone must have a signed medical release form at check-in on Saturday. You can print one from the Internet or just fill one out when you check in. DON'T MAIL, or fax, the release to us. To print a form, click "more info".
Advance Rehabilitation will be providing a Certified Athletic Trainer for the tournament. The athletic trainer will be available 30 min prior to the start of play each until the end of the day for taping, injury treatment, injury evaluation, and assist with searching further medical treatment if needed. The athletic trainer will be stationed at Rome Floyd Tennis Center. For more information about Advance Rehabilitation click "more info."
Electronic Devices Prohibited on court
Players may not use electronic devises on court that are designed for communication (cell phones, pda's, etc.) or data storage/display (pocket notebook, rolodex, word processor, etc.). Use of these devices (except during the 3-minute coaching break between the second set and a match-deciding tiebreak) will result in immediate code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct. (A device that is in the "ON" mode constitutes use.) Notes and printed material brought on court for reference with a player are permitted.
Before you go any farther, READ THIS !Any Match time you see on this site (especially the draw sheets) other than your first match time is NOT OFFICIAL.The only official match time is the one posted on the draw sheet at the site where you are playing your match.We DO NOT verbally tell you your next match time!! We DO NOT give out little pieces of paper with your next time on it. If you have the numeric skill to use a TV remote, not to mention an iPhone, you can read your match time from the draw sheet.If you have trouble understanding the draw sheets, we will help you, but we will not tell you your next time.Pay close attention to the site code next to your time. We would prefer to keep all matches of each event at the same site all day, but that's just not possible.
Draws will be posted at 9:00 a.m. Friday.
3-Minute Coaching Break
In matches playing a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set there will be a 3-minute coaching break between the end of the second set and the match-deciding tiebreak. This 3-minute break is treated the same as the 2-minute set break between first and second sets, except that players may receive coaching on the court. Players may not leave the court. unless requesting a toilet break. The toilet break will be taken after the 3-minute coaching break. No coaching is allowed during the toilet break for either player.
5-Minute Scheduling will be used.
For several years we used 5-Minute scheduling and it has been very successful. Scheduling every 5 minutes will mean that very few matches will be scheduled as part of a group, except for the large group of matches that will start each day.
Check your match time carefully so that you won’t be late.
Directions to Rome Floyd Tennis Center from I-75 Exit # 290
301 West 3rd Street, Rome, GA
- Go west (left if you are coming from Atlanta) on GA Hwy 20.
- Eventually, GA Hwy 20 will merge into US Hwy 411 Follow 411 into Rome.
- As you enter Rome, you pass a Ford dealership on the Right,
- Go past the Dean Ave. Exit and immediately take a RIGHT at the next exit onto US 27 North (the exit will be marked "Rome").
- Go 2.3 miles to the 5th traffic light (Checkers on the corner - Hurry...16 oz. Milkshakes 99 cents!)
- Turn LEFT onto Broad Street and go 0.3 mile to the 4th traffic light at 5th Avenue (El Zarape on the corner)
- Turn RIGHT and go 0.2 mile to the 3rd traffic light at W. 3rd Street
- Turn LEFT on W. 3rd Street.
- Rome Floyd Tennis Center will be 0.2 mile on the RIGHT.
- Total distance from US 411 - 3.0 miles
- For a map click "more info".
Alternate Directions to Rome from Atlanta and points south of I-20
- From downtown Atlanta take I-20 west to Thornton Road (north, i.e. turn right)
- From Atlanta Airport take Camp Creek Parkway. (west, the only way it goes)
- From I-285 southwest of Atlanta take Camp Creek Parkway (west, left if going north on I-285). (After you cross I-20 (Camp Creek is called Thornton Road)
- Stay on Thornton Road approximately 35 miles to Rockmart. This road will change names several times (various peoples’ names, but is mostly US Hwy 278.
- As you approach Rockmart, there will be a Sonic Drive-In on the right.
- At the traffic light just past Sonic, turn right on GA 101.
- Stay on GA 101 approximately 18 miles to Rome.
- After you cross US Hwy 411, go 1/2 mile to the first traffic light.
- Turn left and immediately to the right and stay on Hwy 101.
- Go 1.6 miles to W.3rd St. (1st light past Broad Street.)
- Turn right on W. 3rd St. Tennis center is on the left.
- For a map click "more info".
Directions from I-75 southbound from Tennessee
- Take Exit 312 (GA 53 West)
- Turn RIGHT on GA HWY 53 West
- Go Approximately 22.7 miles to intersection with Broad Street (GA Hwy 293) in Rome (first traffic light past N. Broad Baptist Church)
- Turn RIGHT onto Broad Street
- Go 0.5 mile on Broad Street
- Turn RIGHT onto 5th Avenue (El Zarape on the corner
- Go 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light
- Turn LEFT on W. 3rd Street
- Rome Floyd Tennis Center is 0.2 mile on Right.
- For a map click "more info".
Directions to Etowah Park (ETO) from Rome Floyd TC
- Turn LEFT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
- Go 0.2 mile to dead end.
- Turn RIGHT Go approximately 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light.
- Turn LEFT onto Broad Street.
- Go approximately 0.5 on Broad Street.
- Continue STRAIGHT ahead on Martin Luther King (changes name to Kingston Road) for approximately 1.7 mile.
- Etowah Park is on LEFT
- Look for sign that says "GOLF Driving Range." (It is easier to see than the Etowah Park sign.)
- TOTAL DISTANCE ~ 2.75 miles (1325 Kingston Rd NE, Rome, GA
Electronic Devices Prohibited on court
Players may not use electronic devises on court that are designed for communication (cell phones, pda's, etc.) or data storage/display (pocket notebook, rolodex, word processor, etc.). Use of these devices will result in immediate code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct. (A device that is in the "ON" mode constitutes use.) Notes and printed material brought on court for reference with a player are permitted.
Air Travel Discounts on Delta Airlines
Discounted travel on Delta Airlines is available to 2013 attendees.
• Reservations and ticketing is available via www.delta.com. When booking online, select Meeting Event Code and enter the meeting code (NMFQE) in the box provided on the Search Flight page.
• Reservations may also be made by calling our Delta Meeting reservations at 800 328 1111 Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CDT.
• *Please note that there is a direct ticketing fee for booking through the reservation number above.
• Click on "more info" to go to delta.com.
Rental Car Specials from AVIS
To reserve a car, contact Avis at 1-800-331-1600 and use your Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number D086863. Or reserve online and have your discount number automatically included in your reservation and receive an email confirmation. Click "more info" to access the Avis tournament website.
Sunday Morning Chapel Service
A 15-20-minute non-denominational chapel service will be held at Rome Floyd Tennis Center on Sunday at 7:15 a.m.. The courts will be open by 6:00 for warm-up. The service should end in time to make an 8:00 match at the satellite sites.
HIGH-TECH TENNIS VIDEO SERVICES
In the spirit of letting players PLAY & letting parents decide WHERE the players play, HIGH-TECH TENNIS is proud to support the NATIONAL SHOWCASE SERIES!! We'll be offering our popular video services at the NORTH GEORGIA OPEN because ALL junior athletes deserve the opportunity to use video to their advantage!! We’ve been helping tennis players play better tennis since 2005 and we’ve learned a few important things:
1) If you want to play college tennis, YOU NEED A COLLEGE RECRUIT VIDEO and
2) If you want to compete with the top players, YOU NEED A MATCH PLAY VIDEO!!
Please visit www.high-techtennis.com for more info, including samples, and contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (678.640.2723) to reserve your match time. We have TWELVE digital camcorders and our services are very popular…FIRST COME/FIRST SERVED…
THIS TOURNAMENT GIVES GA LEVEL 4 POINTS, SOUTHERN LEVEL 5
POINTS, AND NO NATIONAL POINTS. Scoring format: Main draw - 2 out
of 3 regular sets; Consolation - 2 sets with 3rd set match
Selections will be based on National Rankings at the time entries
This tournament in 2013 will be in a class that will determine
"national players" on TennisRecruiting.net.
All 2013 competitors who win a match in the North Georgia Open will
become "national players" on TennisRecruiting.net.
CHAMPIONSHIP - Open to all players regardless of ranking.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:00:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 700018513 from the searchable schedule homepage.
* For tournaments with start dates between today and December 2013 the fees displayed
include a non-refundable processing fee and apply for events entered in one transaction.
Additional fees may apply for events entered in separate transactions.
For tournaments with start dates after December 2013 the total fee will be displayed
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.