Alternates By Event
CHANGE IN BOYS SINGLES FINAL/PLAYOFF
ATTENTION BOYS! PLEASE NOTE I HAD TO CHANGE THE FINAL AND PLAYOFF TO SUNDAY AFTERNOON. ADEQUATE REST WILL BE GIVEN AS NEEDED.
DOUBLES FORMAT FOR SEMIS AND FINALS
The Format for doubles will be best of 3 full TB sets for the semi final and final rounds (including playoff round)
NATIONAL ZONE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS (ZONALS)
The USTA sanctions four Zone Team Championships (Zonals) for 14-and-under boys and girls, held in late July each year. The Zonals provide an opportunity to compete against top juniors from other USTA sections. They provide a great opportunity to play on a fun team and to develop and improve physical, mental and emotional skills. They also allow players to experience a competitive team atmosphere and on-court coaching, just like college tennis. For the 14's division, USTA NorCal is in the West Zone and will send three (3) teams, three (3) team coaches and three (3) team managers.
For more information, please visit: http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=136109
SINGLES EVENT: Players will be selected as follows:
1) Eight Qualifiers – Each year USTA NorCal will designate two Open Tournaments in each age division preceding the Sectional Championships and the singles semifinalists in each age division of both tournaments (4 players from each tournament, 8 total players per division) who have submitted timely entries will be accepted into the Sectional Championships in the corresponding age division. In 2013, these tournaments are:
• City of Fremont Junior Open - May 5-6, 11-12 (ID #500021713). Entries will be limited per division to 48 singles players and 24 doubles teams, but may be expanded if fewer than this number register in some divisions.
• Sylvano Mother’s Day Junior Open - May 11-12, 18-19 (ID #500004813). Entries will be limited per division to 24 singles players and 12 doubles teams, but may be expanded if fewer than this number register in some divisions.
2) Two Wild Cards – Up to two wild cards that may be selected by the Wild Card Committee as follows:
• To be considered for a Wild Card, a player must submit a timely entry into the tournament and apply for a Wild Card no later than the entry deadline (see WILDCARD APPLICATION below).
• The Wild Card Committee is comprised of the Manager of Player Development, Junior Competition Coordinator, and Chair of Junior Council.
• Wild Cards do not have to be awarded.
3) Players on Sectional Final Ranking Lists – The remaining players will be selected from the most recently published sectional Final Ranking List.
4) Alternates and Late Applicants – The alternate list will be ordered based on the most recently published sectional Final Ranking List. Players who submit an entry after the deadline will be placed on the bottom of the Alternate List in the order in which they are received. Late entries received at the same time will be ordered by lot.
DOUBLES EVENT: Players will be selected in the following order:
1) Teams comprising two players in the singles draw shall be accepted.
2) Teams comprising one player in the singles draw and one alternate not in the singles draw.
3) Teams comprising two players not in the singles draw.
4) If more than the maximum number of entries is received, selection order is based:
• first, on highest combined standings and
• second, on highest combined doubles ranking points,
except that no team comprised of a Late Applicant shall be selected before a team comprised of timely applicants. Tournaments are NOT authorized to expand the draw size in order to accommodate teams.
For the purpose of determining selection of teams, below is the process of calculating combined standings and combined ranking points:
• A team’s combined standing is determined as follows: Player A holds the #200 standing and
Player B holds the #201 standing. The Team of A&B would have the combined standing of 401.
• Combined Doubles Ranking Points are determined as follows: Player A has 25 doubles ranking points and Player B has 10 doubles ranking points. The Team of AB would have combined doubles ranking points of 35.
WILDCARD REQUEST F
Wild cards are available for junior players to play in USTA NorCal Sectional Championships, USTA Zone Team Championships and USTA National Team Championships, and USTA Intersectional Team Championships.
2013 Wild Card Request Form
DRAW SIZE, DRAW FO
The Singles Draw will be limited to 64 players and will be a Feed-In Championship Draw that will feed in players through the quarterfinals. The Singles Draw will have a playoff for 3rd and 4th place.
The Doubles Draw will be limited to 32 teams and will be a Single Elimination Draw. The Doubles Draw will have a playoff for 3rd and 4th place.
The USTA NorCal Junior Competition Coordinator, Tommy Tu, will seed all levels of the NorCal Sectional Championships – 18s, 16s, 14s & 12s.
Singles: The most recently published Sectional Final Ranking Lists will be used as a start for determining seeding. National USTA, ITF, ITA, WTA, and ATP rankings and standings will also be considered.
Doubles: Teams will be seeded in the order of their combined ranking using the most recently published Final Ranking List. For example, if Partner A holds the #1 ranking and Partner B holds the #10 ranking, the Team of A&B would have a combined ranking of 11. Teams that have the same combined ranking shall be seeded in the order of the total number of doubles ranking points held by each team. If one partner does not have a ranking, for the purposes of calculating the combined ranking, the unranked player shall be assigned a rank that is equivalent to one lower than the lowest ranked player on the Final Ranking List. For example, if Partner C holds the #1 ranking, Partner D does not have a ranking, and the Final Ranking List for this event has a total of 100 players on the list, Partner D is assigned a ranking of 101 and Team C&D have a combined ranking of 102. Teams with USTA National, ITF, ITA, WTA and ATP standings and rankings may also be considered for seeding.
Awards will be presented to all Main Draw singles and doubles finalists including 3rd/4th place finishers and Consolation Draw finalists.
DOUBLES PAIRINGS INFO
Once registration is closed, and selections are done, contact Bonnie Middlebrook for doubles pairings. If you need a partner, please contact me asap and we will try to find you a partner
The main site will be Las Palmas at the Sunnyvale Tennis Center: 755 Mathilda Ave. Sunnyvale
Secondary Site : Fremont High School: 1279 Sunnyvale Saratog Rd, Sunnyvale
Please check the draws carefully to determine at which site you are playing.
Sunnyvale Tennis Center = STC
Fremont HS= FHS
Main Draw Singles = Best of Three TB Sets: with 3rd and 4th playoff
Consolation Singles = Best of Three Sets with a 10 point tie-break in lieu of third set
Doubles: 8 game pro-set: single elimination with 3rd and 4th playoff
All singles main draw will be a full feed-in consolation
First Round of Doubles will be played first thing on the first day
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Entries must be submitted by Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:59:00 PM Pacific Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 500041813 from the searchable schedule homepage.
* For tournaments with start dates between today and December 2013 the fees displayed
include a non-refundable processing fee and apply for events entered in one transaction.
Additional fees may apply for events entered in separate transactions.
For tournaments with start dates after December 2013 the total fee will be displayed
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.