Sportsmanship Award Winners....
Brenna Reilly of Suwanee, GA
Zachary Prince of Columbia, SC
Tennis Recruiting.net National Showcase Series
The Georgia Junior Open is a proud to be a part of the
Tennis Recruiting.net National Showcase Series. Tournaments in the National
Showcase Series are USTA sanctioned junior tournaments open to players from all
sections. These tournaments are designed to give a broad range of players the
chance to compete outside their districts and sections - and these tournaments
will count toward Tennis Recruiting rankings !! Players who compete in these
tournaments and win at least one match will become NATIONAL PLAYERS for their
Tennis Recruiting rankings.
Tennis Recruiting Network – also known as TennisRecruiting.net – is the premier
website for junior tennis. There is something for everyone – junior players,
their parents, college coaches, and fans.
* Weekly rankings by graduation year show how recruits stack up
against each other.
• Players can market themselves to college coaches by updating their
player profiles – completely free of charge.
• Coaches can add players to their “watch lists” and receive email updates
about recruit activity.
• With extensive information about tens of thousands of recruits – and
articles from recruiting experts and former coaches – there is something for
everyone at TennisRecruiting.net.
• Photographers from TennisRecruiting.net will be in
attendance taking action photos of the older age groups on Saturday and Sunday
• Each BG12-18 Singles age division will be split into two draws of equal strength. BG10's will have one draw.
• The most recent
Southern and National Standings, will be the basis for the waterfall separation
of players into two draws.
• Most singles draws
will have 33-64 players.
• Singles consolation
will be Full Feed-in through the quarterfinals.
• Players will lose
twice, or get a trophy.
• Doubles will be
single elimination...one draw per age group.
Daily format will be the following...Weather Permitting
• Saturday: 2 rounds
of main draw singles, 1 round of consolation singles, 1 round of doubles
• Sunday: 1 round of main draw singles and 2 rounds of consolation
singles, followed by 1 or 2 rounds of doubles
• Monday: main draw quarter-finals and semi-finals and 2 rounds of
consolation singles, followed by 1 or 2 rounds of doubles
• Tuesday: followed by consolation quarter-finals followed by singles finals and
3/4 playoff, followed by consolation semi-finals
• Due to the weather forecast, doubles will follow singles each day.
• The tournament will last 4 days, so there will be no play beyond Tuesday.
• Consolation Finals
will not be played.
• Draws smaller than
33 (if any) will end on Monday, weather permitting.
HIGH-TECH TENNIS VIDEO SERVICES
very excited to bring our popular video services to the upcoming tournament!! As
you may already know, we’ve been helping tennis players achieve their goals
since 2005 and we’ve learned TWO important things: 1) If you want to play
college tennis, YOU NEED A COLLEGE RECRUIT VIDEO and 2) if you want to compete
with the top players, YOU NEED A MATCH PLAY VIDEO! Fortunately, HIGH-TECH TENNIS
is the place to go for help with BOTH! Please visit www.high-techtennis.com
for more info, including samples, and contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (678.640.2723) to reserve your
match time. SIGN UP BEFORE TOURNAMENT STARTS & AUTOMATICALLY WIN A FREE GIFT
FROM OUR FRIENDS @ HOLABIRD SPORTS! J We
have MANY digital camcorders and our services are very popular…FIRST COME/FIRST
SCROLL DOWN for Hotel and complete tournament information.
Detailed Directions will be posted at the bottom of the website.
Air Travel Discounts on Delta Airlines
Discounted travel on Delta Airlines is available to 2014
• Reservations and
ticketing is available via www.delta.com. When booking online, select Book A
Trip, click on More Search Options and enter the meeting code NMJ9Y in the box provided on the Search
• Reservations may
also be made by calling our Delta Meeting reservations at 800 328 1111 Mon-Fri
*Please note that
there is a direct ticketing fee for booking through the reservation number above.
Rental Car Specials from AVIS
To reserve a car, contact Avis at
• 1-800-331-1600 and use your Avis
Worldwide Discount (AWD) number D086863.
•Or reserve online and have your
discount number automatically included in your reservation and receive an email
•Click "more info" to access the Avis tournament website.
AMERICA’S BEST VALUE INN
Phone: (706)235-1717. Fax: (706) 378-0008. 2973,
2973 Cedartown Hwy, Rome, GA 30161
• Hotel is near
Georgia Highlands College, Rome GA.
• 36 Rooms with Micro Fridge, Coffee Pot, Iron and Board
, High Speed Internet
• Continental Breakfast.
• Only 6 miles to
Floyd Tennis Center, 3 minutes from Darlington School.
• Guest rooms: KING BED $59.95 + tax, DOUBLE BED
$62.96 [Rate is available by calling hotel directly at 706-235-1717.]
• Cancellation policy: Cancel by 6:00 pm two days before
arrival to avoid penalty.
BEST WESTERN EXECUTIVE INN
217 Hwy. 411 S., Rome, 30161, 706-234-3161
• Guest Rooms: $ 85.00 standard King or Queen/Queen
Room. (Rate available directly by phone with hotel.)
• Oversized Rooms and King Suites available at a higher
• Complimentary Expanded Continental Breakfast, FREE High
Speed Internet, Micro-fridges, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, and hair
dryers in all rooms.
• Cancellation policy: Must cancel by 4:00pm on the day before
arrival to avoid one room night being charged.
23 Chateau Drive, Rome 30161 - Phone: 706.232.6055 - Fax:
• Standard King Suite Guest Rooms: $99.00 (Sleeps 3
w/pull out sofa bed),
• Standard Double Queen Suite Guest Room: $109.00-119.00
• "Event Rates" available only by calling
• All rooms have
37" flat-screen TV, Mini fridge, and microwave.
• FREE High Speed
Wireless Internet, Indoor pool open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness Center,
Complimentary USA Today, Free HBO Movie Channel.
• Deluxe HOT Continental Breakfast Including Hot Eggs,
Variety of Hot Breakfast Meats, Belgian Waffles, Pastries, Variety of Cereals,
Fresh Fruit, and other great breakfast items.
Policy: Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid one night room charge.
COUNTRY INN and SUITES
Way, Rome, 30161, 706-232-3380.
• Standard Room: $95.00 (King), 2 Queen Beds: $99.00,
2-Room King Suite & Sleeper Sofa: $119 + tax [Tennis Rate
available only if you book with the hotel directly at 706-232-3380]
• Newly remodeled, one million dollars spent in
renovations and upgrades.
• THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES is Rome’s finest award
winning hotel, offering amenities comparable to upper scale hotels such as:
expanded breakfast bar, free high speed internet access, out-door pool, in-room
voice mail, in-room data ports, micro-fridge in all rooms, one bedroom suites,
and many more.
• For some it’s the cozy accommodations, breakfast and
great rates. For others it’s the little things we do with the personal touches
• Cancellation Policy: Adjustments to arrival dates must
be made 48 hours prior to arrival.
840 Turner McCall Blvd., Rome, 30161 706-295-0400.
• Guest Rooms: $69.00 + tax.
• Business Center,
Free Wireless High Speed Internet, Gym/Fitness Center, Meeting/banquet Space,
• Free Daybreak
Breakfast and Free USA Today
• Free Local Calls
and 800 # Access• All rooms have: Microwave, Refrigerator, Alarm Clock,
Hairdryer, Iron and Ironing Board
• Copy and Fax Service
• 24-hr Coffee in Lobby, Coffee Maker In All Rooms,
RV - Bus Parking.
policy: Cancel prior to 4pm the day of arrival to avoid a one-night charge.
390 Dodd Blvd SE, Rome, GA, 706-234-0014
* Standard Guest Room: $49.99 Single or Double + tax
• Wireless Internet access
• Complimentary continental breakfast
• Free local calls plus 800 access
• All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (irons, ironing boards and hair dryer available at front desk)
• Copy and fax service
• All rooms are indoor corridor
Cancellation policy - Cancel prior to 6:00 pm day of arrival to avoid
1 night charge.
110 W. Second Ave., Rome 30161, 706-378-4837
• Suites: $129 - $169 (+13% Tax).
• Hawthorn Suites is in WALKING DISTANCE of Rome Floyd
Tennis Center, right in the heart of Rome.
• 2 night minimum reservation per room.
• Cancellation Policies:
** 24-hour Cancellation - Guests have until 24 hours
before check-in date to cancel without penalty. Late cancellations and
No-Shows will be charged additional fee of one night at room rate.
** Early Check-out penalty: Guests who depart before
reserved check-out date will be charged an additional fee of one night at room
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
Way, Rome, GA
• Standard Guest Room: $99.00 (King), 2 Queen
Beds: $105.00, King Suite with Sleeper Sofa: $119.00, 2-Queen Suite
with Sleeper Sofa: $129.00 (13% Tax) [Tennis Rate
available only if you book with the hotel directly at 706-232-0021]
• All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, and 32-inch
Flat Panel HD TV.
• Complimentary Hot Full Breakfast Buffet.
• Fitness Center and Business
Center on site.
• Cancellation Policy: Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival
to avoid a one-night penalty.
LAQUINTA INN & SUITES
Drive, Rome, GA,
706-291-1034, Fax 706-291-1036, Laquintarome@aol.com
• Standard Guest Room: (1 King or 2 Queen Beds)
• King Suite (1 King with Pull out Sofa Bed)
• Family Suite (2 Queen Beds with Pull Out sofa Bed)
• All Rooms have Fridge, Microwave, Coffee Maker and 32”
Flat screen T.V.
• Earn Points or
Airline Miles With each Stay
• Fitness Center, Business
Center, Onsite Guest
Laundry, Pool & Spa
• Free High-speed
• Complimentary Hot Breakfast
• Cancellation Policy: Cancel 4 P.M Day before
Arrival to avoid one night room charge.
40 Grace Dr., Rome, 30161, 706-291-7797, Fax
• Guest Rooms:
$ 77.00 + tax
• All rooms have
37" flat-screen TV, fridge, and microwave.
• FREE High Speed
Wireless Internet, Indoor pool open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness
Center, Complimentary USA Today, Free Showtime Movie Channel.
• Deluxe Continental Breakfast including biscuits and
gravy, Belgian waffles, variety of grits/oatmeal, fruit, and much, much more
• Cancellation Policy: Cancel by 6:00 PM the day before
arrival to avoid one night's room charge.
712 Avenue A, Rome, GA 30165, 706-314-1115, Fax 706 314
• Guest Rooms: $59.99 - Double and $59.99 - King.
• Complimentary Continental Breakfast is included.
• Rodeway Inn is less than 1/2 mile from Rome Floyd
• For the comfort of our guests, we offer all NON-SMOKING
• All our King rooms have a Temper-Pedic mattress
to provide a more peaceful and sound nights sleep.
• Each room with Doubles Beds has Serta Perfect Sleeper
Mattresses for the added comfort of a restful sound sleep
• Cancellation policy: In order to avoid a penalty,
all cancellations must be completed 24 hours prior to arrival.
Medical Release Form
As you already know, everyone must have a signed "Parent" medical release form at check-in. You can print one from the Internet or just fill one out when you check in. DON'T MAIL, or fax, the release to us. To print a form, click "more info".
Rest periods between singles matches
The following policy will be implemented: When players are scheduled to play 2 singles matches in one day, they will be offered a rest period equal to the length of their first match, with a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 3 hours, This rest period guideline does not apply to doubles.
Match Scoring Formats
• Because of heat and the compressed format being
used in 2014, all BG 12-18 singles matches through the semifinals will play 2 sets with a
Match Tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set.
• Main draw singles finals and 3/4 playoffs (Ages
12-18) will play the Best of 3 sets.
• BG10 singles will play 2 first-to-4 games short sets with a 7-pt set Tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set..
• Doubles will play 8-game pro-sets with a "first to 10 points" match tie-break at 8-all.
• BG10 doubles play 8-game pro-sets with a first to 7-pt tiebreak at 8-all.
Directions to Rome Floyd Tennis Center from I-75 Exit # 290
301 West 3rd Street, Rome, GA 30165
· Go west (left if you are coming from Atlanta) on GA Hwy 20.
· Eventually, GA Hwy 20 will merge into US Hwy 411 Follow 411 into Rome.
·As you enter Rome, you will pass a Ford dealership on the Right,
· Go past the Dean Ave. Exit and immediately take a RIGHT at the next exit onto US 27 North (the exit will be marked "Rome").
· Go 2.3 miles to the 5th traffic light (Checkers on the corner - Hurry...16 oz. Milkshakes 99 cents!)
· Turn LEFT onto Broad Street and go 0.3 mile to the 4th traffic light at 5th Avenue (El Zarape on the corner)
· Turn RIGHT and go 0.2 mile to the 3rd traffic light at W. 3rd Street
· Turn LEFT on W. 3rd Street.
· Rome Floyd Tennis Center will be 0.2 mile on the RIGHT.
· Total distance from US 411 - 3.0 miles
· For a map click "more info".
Directions to Rome Floyd TC from I-75 southbound from Tennessee
301 West 3rd Street, Rome, GA 30165
·Take Exit 312 (GA 53 West)Turn RIGHT on GA HWY 53 West
·Go Approximately 22.7 miles to intersection with Broad Street (GA Hwy 293) in Rome (first traffic light past N. Broad Baptist Church)
·Turn RIGHT onto Broad Street Go 0.5 mile on Broad Street
·Turn RIGHT onto 5th Avenue (El Zarape on the corner
·Go 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic lightTurn LEFT on W. 3rd Street
·Rome Floyd Tennis Center is 0.2 mile on Right.
·For a map click "more info".
Withdrawals and Refunds
you withdraw online before entries close, there is no penalty and your
entry fee will be credited by the TennisLink entry system.
there are fewer than 7 days until the start of the tournament, if you
withdraw after entries close, there will be no refund regardless of
3-Minute Coaching Break
· In matches playing a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set
there will be a 3-minute coaching break between the end of the second
set and the match-deciding tiebreak. · This 3-minute break is treated the same as the 2-minute set break between first and second sets, except that players may receive coaching on the court.
· Coaching may be received via cell phone during this 3-minute on-court break only.
· Players may not leave the court. unless requesting a toilet break. The toilet break will be taken after the 3-minute coaching break. No coaching is allowed during the toilet break for either player.
· Up to 7 satellite sites will be used. The distance from the main site is between 2.75 miles and 7.5 miles.
· Directions to all sites will be available at check-in at Rome Tennis Center. Directions to some of the sites are below.
Directions to Alto Park (ALT)
Directions to Alto Park (ALT) from Rome Floyd Tennis Center
(1014 Burnett Ferry Rd SW, Rome, GA )• Turn RIGHT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd St.
• Go 0.1 mile to dead end. Turn RIGHT.
• Go approximately 0.4 mile to 1st traffic light.
• Turn LEFT onto Shorter Avenue (GA
• Go a little more than 2 miles to 1st traffic light past DAIRY QUEEN (on
• Turn LEFT on Burnett Ferry Road.
(The park is on this road, all appearances to the contrary.)
• Go approximately 2.7 miles to Alto
• Turn RIGHT into Alto
Park and follow driveway
(it sort of turns to the right.)
TOTAL DISTANCE ~ 5.4 miles
Directions to Berry College (BC)
Directions to Berry College
(BC) from Rome Floyd
(2277 Martha Berry Hwy, Mt. Berry,
• Turn RIGHT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd St. Go 0.1
mile to dead end.
• Turn RIGHT.
• Go approximately 0.4 mile to 1st
• Go straight on Martha Berry Hwy (US 27) for 2 miles to 7th traffic
• Turn left at traffic light into
entrance to Berry
• After entrance gate, go to traffic
• Go 270 degrees around traffic circle
(3/4 of the way around) and turn right on Opportunity Dr. (no sign on the circle).
• Follow Opportunity
by new athletic complex to fork at Morton Hall (a building in the middle of the
• Take the right fork
• Go to first street on right, and turn right
• The parking lot will be on left next
• Tennis Courts are on adjacent to
Total distance 3.5 miles.
Directions to Darlington School (DS)
Darlington School has graciously offered their courts for match play. Remember, this prestigious school is ALLOWING you to use THEIR courts. Be considerate of their generosity by conducting yourself as ladies and gentlemen with propriety and modesty. Be careful not to leave litter, trash, and drink containers on the premises.
Directions to Darlington School (DS) from Rome Floyd Tennis Center are:
(1014 Cave Spring Rd SW, Rome, GA 30161)
· Turn RIGHT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
· Go 0.1 mile to dead end. Turn LEFT onto Hwy 101 (2nd Ave.)
· Go approximately 1.6 miles to Stop Sign. Go STRAIGHT 0.6 mile to US Hwy 27 South (sign says Gadsden - Cedartown)
· Go approximately 0.9 mile to Darlington Drive-Old Lindale Road exit.
· At end of Exit ramp turn LEFT.
· At Stop Sign turn RIGHT onto Darlington Dr.
·Darlington is approximately 0.5 mile on RIGHT just after the Railroad Track.
Total Distance: ~ 3.9 miles
Directions to Etowah Park (ETO)
Directions to Etowah Park
(ETO) from Rome
(1325 Kingston Rd NE, Rome,
• Turn LEFT out of
tennis center onto W. 3rd.
• Go 0.2 mile to dead
• Turn RIGHT Go
approximately 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light.
• Turn LEFT onto Broad Street
• Go approximately 0.5 on Broad Street
• Continue STRAIGHT
ahead on Martin Luther King (changes name to Kingston Road) for approximately 1.7 mile
• Etowah Park is on LEFT
• Look for sign that
says "GOLF Driving Range."
(It is easier to see than the Etowah
TOTAL DISTANCE ~ 2.75 miles
Directions to Georgia Highlands College (GHC)
Directions to Georgia Highlands
College (GHC) from Rome
(3175 Cedartown Hwy SE, Rome,
• Turn RIGHT out of tennis
center onto W. 3rd.
• Go 0.1
mile to dead end. • Turn LEFT onto Hwy
101 (2nd Ave.)
approximately 1.6 miles to Stop Sign.
• Go STRAIGHT 0.6 mile to US Hwy 27 South (sign
says Gadsden - Cedartown).
• Go approximately 5.1 miles to Georgia Highlands College.
• The College is on the LEFT (just past traffic
light with Kangaroo and Hardees on right).
• After turning into the College, Tennis Courts
are to the RIGHT.
Total Distance: ~ 7.5 miles
Directions to Shorter University (SHO)
Directions to Shorter University (SHO) from Rome Floyd
(315 Shorter Ave. SW, Rome, GA 30165-4267)
• Turn RIGHT
out of tennis center onto W. 3rd St.
• Go 0.1 mile
to dead end. Turn RIGHT.
approximately 0.3 mile to 1st traffic light.
• Turn LEFT at
light onto Turner-McCall
changes name to Shorter Ave.
approximately 0.6 mile to 3rd traffic light
• Turn LEFT at
traffic light onto Sherwood Road
turn LEFT into entrance to Shorter
• At entrance
gate, get directions to courts from attendant.
• Courts are
on the LEFT next to the gymnasium
Total distance: ~1.1 miles.
Model High School,
(3252 Calhoun Road, NE, Rome, GA 30161)
· Turn LEFT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
· Go 0.2 mile to dead end.
· Turn RIGHT
· Go approximately 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light and turn LEFT onto Broad Street
· Go approximately 0.5 on Broad Street
· Continue STRAIGHT ahead on Martin Luther King (changes to Kingston Road) for approximately 1.7 mile
· Etowah Park is on LEFT …. Look for sign that says "DRIVING RANGE
· Go to first light past Etowah Park and take a left onto Loop 1
· Go to first light and turn right on Calhoun Road.
· Go approximately 2 miles on Calhoun Road
· Model High School is on the Right.
Total Distance: Approx. 7.2 miles
Don't leave trash on the courts or behave in an inappropriate manner. You have been given the privilege to use their courts, so be considerate.
Tournament Ball: Pro Penn Marathon Extra-Duty
Boys' and Girls' 10 events will use Penn QST 60 Orange balls.
Directions to Berry College Science Auditorium (from Rome Floyd TC)
• Turn RIGHT out of Rome
Center onto W. 3rd St.
• Go 0.1 mile to dead end. Turn RIGHT onto 2nd Ave.
• Go approximately 0.4 mile to 1st traffic light.
• Go straight on Martha
Berry Hwy (US 27) for 2 miles to 7th traffic
• Turn LEFT at traffic light into entrance to Berry College.
• After entrance gate, go straight ahead to traffic circle and flag
• As you approach the traffic circle, Hermann Hall will be facing
you behind the flag pole.
• Go almost 3/4 of the way around the traffic circle and take the
• This road will lead you between Hermann Hall on the right and the
Science building on your left.
• As you pass the Science building, turn LEFT into the parking lot
• From the rear of the Science Building you will see a rounded wall
on the left.
• Enter the door just to the right of the rounded wall.
• The Science Auditorium will be immediately on the left.
• Total distance 3.5 miles.
• (2277 Martha Berry
Berry, GA 30149)
History of GA Open
• Last year 700 entrants played in the 2013 GA JR Open, making it the largest junior tournament in Georgia.
• The GA Junior Open has a rich
heritage dating back to it's beginning in 1955.
The event was started at Bitsy Grant Tennis
Center in Atlanta, where it was held for more than 20
years. When the tournament outgrew the
13 clay courts at Bitsy Grant, the GA Open was moved to South Fulton
in 1978, where it remained for 25 years.
Because of continued growth, the GA Open evolved into a 2-week event
with 10-14's playing one week and the 16-18's the next. In 2003 the tournament moved to Rome. Because of the 60+ courts available for
tournament play, it returned to the one-week format.
• From the start the GA Open was
a stop on the Southern National Circuit.
It has been a USTA National event for most of its existence. However, the USTA elected to set a limit on
the number of national ranking events each section could offer. Even though Southern is much larger than any
other section it is allowed the same number of ranking events as even the smallest section (currently, 2
Level 3’s and 4 level 4’s). Since there are so few national ranking events in
the 9-state Southern Section, the GA Open lost its USTA national status about 6
• However, the Tennis Recruiting
Network [TRN] has recognized the strength of field of the GA Open and it has
designated it as a National event for TRN rankings for the past four
years. We are delighted that TRN, the
official research site for college coaches, has recognized the strength of the
GA Junior Open.
• Former champions include Charlie Pasarell, Zan
Guerry, Andy Brandi, Crawford Henry, John Callen, Donna Floyd Fales and Grace
Min among others. We hope you will become part of the legacy created by these
and other notable players who have played in or won the GA Junior Open.
Draw size is unlimited, so enter the age division in which you
want to play. There is no selection process.
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to all USTA members. Entries must be submitted by Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 703460614 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.