“Taking a Hard Swing at Breast Cancer”
The Pine Forest Ladies Tennis Association has been empowered because, like many, we have friends and family on and off the court who battle breast cancer. In friendship, we take time to share and celebrate the joy of each other’s lives.
Our Tournament and Celebration Party are tributes to our friends.
Proceeds benefit “local” recovering breast cancer patient
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 11:59 PM (Eastern Time)
- Entry Fee $40 per player for first event $20 per player for second event.
- Rain Date November 8-10, 2013
- Limited to 150 players (register early)
- Please refer to information and additional fees for Celebration Party, Sponsors and honoring loved ones.
- No Player Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
- S.C. Tournament – USTA Level 4
TIME OF PLAY
- All matches played at The Club at Pine Forest, Summerville, SC (all clay courts)
- Play will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 1 and final matches will be played on Sunday, Nov. 3.
- If you enter two events you MUST BE AVAILABLE Friday night, no exceptions.
- Players are responsible for their match times.
- Match time available on USTA Tennis Link Homepage – Available Wednesday, Oct. 30 after 3 p.m. - Tournament ID number: 700075713
- Men & Women’s Doubles 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 & Open (NO SINGLES)
- Mixed Doubles 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 & Open
- NTRP Divisions – one entry for Men’s or Women’s Doubles and/or one entry for Mixed Doubles: two event maximum
- Players are guaranteed two matches
- Each Player will receive an event hat
- Friday Night Warm-Up Party including complimentary Courtside Cookout at 6:00 p.m. courtesy of Trinity Catering, guests welcome!
- Saturday Lunch for participants
- Water, sports drinks, and draft beer for participants
- Cabana Bar and clubhouse open for spectator food and beverages
- Massage Therapist will be available throughout the tournament.Fee is $1 per minute – half of proceeds to Hollings Cancer Center
- Please refer to information concerning the Celebration Party & Silent Auction (additional charge)
- Awards will be presented to Champion and Finalist in each main draw event (with more than three entries). Award will be presented to winner of each consolation draw.
CELEBRATION PARTY & SILENT AUCTION
“A Diamond and Denim Affair"
Saturday, November 2rd at 7:30 p.m.
The Club at Pine Forest
- $30 per person – cash or checks payable to Racquets for Recovery
- Club members can charge for party only (but must still RSVP above info)
- Everyone is Welcome – participation in tournament not required
- Entertainment by Johnny Breeze, Food by Eclectic Chef, and Cash Bar
- Silent Auction & Drawings for fabulous prizes
Donation of $1,000 or more
Donation of $500 - $999
Donation of $150 - $499
Donation of $50 - $149
Honor or Remember a “Loved One”
All of the above sponsorships include Honor or Remember a “Loved One’
For a donation to MUSC of at least $50 your “Loved One” will be included in the program and special recognition at the tournament.
Please contact Shirley before Friday, October 25, 2013 for inclusion.
The Pine Forest Ladies Tennis Association has contributed $158,000 in the last eight years to various programs of the American Cancer Society and the Hollings Cancer Center at MUSC. We are particularly pleased with our most recent partnership with Hollings Cancer Center’s Comprehensive Breast Care Program.
This year’s proceeds will benefit MUSC, where a specific fund has been created at the Hollings Cancer Center for the Racquets for Recovery Tennis Tournament. The following programs are supported by our continued efforts with this annual charity event.
Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Program: This program supports patients by providing them with help in their day-to-day lives, helping to ease their external burdens, including: Transportation funds in the form of gas cards, and partnerships with local taxi companies to provide rides to medical appointments for patients who have limited means of transportation Mastectomy bras and Lymphedema sleeves, which are essential tools for breast cancer patients’ short and long term recovery Wigs for those who choose to cover their head due to hair loss as a side effect of powerful chemotherapy drugs.
Survivorship Evaluation Program: This is an evaluation program for breast cancer patients to develop an exercise and nutritional plan.
The Pine Forest Ladies Tennis Association has been recognized by the Hollings Cancer Center Donor Wall located on the first floor of the Hollings Cancer Center “Circle of Hope” and has the honor as a member of the Society of 1824 which is compromised of the University’s most distinguished benefactors
2013 RACQUETS FOR RECOVERY SPONSORS
The Eclectic Chef
Holt Transmission Service & Auto Repair
Hunter Specialties, Inc.
Hunter Brothers Electrical Corporation
Central Veterinary Clinic
Dr. Jan Greathouse & Westbury Veterinary Clinic
Henry & Kelley Johnson
Palmetto Primary Care Physicians & Dr. Barry Katz
The Smith Family
S.C. Sports Medicine
The Shepard Family
Southeastern Facial Cosmetic Surgery Center
Martha & Gary Crickenberger
Thomas & Eileen Fleming
G. Tupper III Construction, Inc.
Lowcountry Orthopaedics & Sports