Boys' Alternates 614 1255
Girls' Alternates 613 2039
Online Video/Power Point Sportsmanship Presentation
USTA Southern would like all parents to view a sportsmanship video. Click "more info" to see the presentation.
Medical Release Form
As you already know, everyone must have a signed Parent medical release form at check-in. You can print one from the Internet or just fill one out when you check in. DON'T MAIL, or fax, the release to us. To print a form, click "more info".
All players must have a copy of a Birth Certificate or Green Card on file in the Southern office.
Click "more info" to confirm that your certificate is on file.
If your name does not appear here please Fax your birth certificate to 770-368-9091 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Days, Times, and Deadlines
- Entry Deadline: June 7, 11:59 pm EDT.
- Selections posted: June 9, 5:00 PM or later
- Seeds Posted online: Monday June 10, 5:00 PM or later
- Ordered Alternate Lists Posted online: Wednesday June 12, 12:00 noon or later
- First Match Times Posted online: Thursday June 13, 12:00 noon or later
- Draws posted online 12:00 noon Friday.
- Courtesy Check-in for all non-seeds: Friday 4:30-7:00
- Check-in desk opens 6:30 a.m. Saturday for those unable to check-in on Friday.
- On-site alternates should sign-in at Rome-Floyd TC on Saturday morning before play begins for their event.
- Singles play for non-seeded players begins: Saturday 8:00am at all sites
- Doubles Deadline: Saturday, 3:00 p.m.
- College Forum - Saturday 6:00p.m. at Berry College Science Auditorium (directions below)
- Pizza - Saturday to follow College Forum
- On-site alternates should sign-in at Rome-Floyd TC on Sunday morning before play begins for their event.
- Singles play for seeded players begins: Sunday 8:00am at all sites
- Doubles draws will be posted by Sunday 9:00a.m.
- Doubles matches begin: Sunday after singles.
- At least three rounds of doubles will be played on Sunday.
- Doubles Matches will be played before Singles daily, starting Monday 8:00 a.m.
- Singles Finals, 3/4 Playoff, Consolation Finals: Friday, June 21.
- Saturday, June 22 is a rain date only. No play is scheduled for this day.
Entries will be accepted online, as well as via email (after June 11).
Only players selected for singles will be selected for doubles. (See "Alternates" below.)
If you sign up online without a partner, you will be paired with another player who has no partner, if you don't notify us otherwise.
Doubles registration may be done via email and in person at Rome Floyd TC, as well.
Alternates (State endorsed players not selected for singles) are encouraged to participate in doubles.
State endorsed players not selected for singles must enter by e-mail or in person by 3:00 pm, Saturday, June 15.
The doubles deadline is 3:00 PM Saturday June 15.
Doubles play will begin on Sunday, June 16.
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR DOUBLES IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO STAY FOR THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT.
Doubles draws will be posted June 16, before 9 a.m.
Email doubles entries to email@example.com.
SCROLL DOWN for Hotel and complete tournament information.
Detailed Driving Directions are at the bottom of page.
Air Travel Discounts on Delta Airlines
Discounted travel on Delta Airlines is available to 2013 attendees.
• Reservations and ticketing is available via www.delta.com. When booking online, select Meeting Event Code and enter the meeting code (NMFQE) in the box provided on the Search Flight page.
• Reservations may also be made by calling our Delta Meeting reservations at 800 328 1111 Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CDT.
• *Please note that there is a direct ticketing fee for booking through the reservation number above.
• Click on "more info" to go to delta.com.
Rental Car Specials from AVIS
To reserve a car, contact Avis at 1-800-331-1600 and use your Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number D086863. Or reserve online and have your discount number automatically included in your reservation and receive an email confirmation. Click "more info" to access the Avis tournament website.
HOST HOTELS (alphabetically listed)
BEST WESTERN EXECUTIVE INN
217 Hwy. 411 S., Rome, 30161, 706-234-3161,
- Guest Rooms: $ 75.00 standard King or Queen/Queen Room. (Rate available directy by phone with hotel.)
- Oversized Rooms and King Suites available at a higher rate.
- Complimentary Expanded Continental Breakfast, FREE High Speed Internet, Micro-fridges, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, and hair dryers in all rooms.
- Cancellation policy: Must cancel by 4:00pm on the day before arrival to avoid one room night being charged.
23 Chateau Drive, Rome 30161 - Phone: 706.232.6055 - Fax: 706.232.1110
- Standard King Suite Guest Rooms: $109.00 (Sleeps 3 w/pull out sofa bed), Standard Double Queen Suite Guest Room: $119.00 (Sleeps 5 w/pull out sofa bed)
- "Event Rates" available only by calling Hotel.
- All rooms have 37" flat-screen TV, Mini fridge, and microwave.
- FREE High Speed Wireless Internet, Indoor pool open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness Center, Complimentary USA Today, Free HBO Movie Channel.
- Deluxe HOT Continental Breakfast Including Hot Eggs, Variety of Hot Breakfast Meats, Belgian Waffles, Pastries, Variety of Cereals, Fresh Fruit, and other great breakfast items.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid one night room charge.
Comfort Suites - Rome looks forward to providing deluxe accommodations during your stay in Rome for the Tennis Tournaments!
COUNTRY INN and SUITES
231 Hwy 411 S. Rome, 30161, 706-232-3380.
- Standard Room: $89.00 (King), 2 Queen Beds: $95.00, 2-Room Suites: $115 (King) & $125.00(2 Queen).
- Newly remodeled, one million dollars spent in renovations and upgrades.
- THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES is Rome’s finest award winning hotel, offering amenities comparable to upper scale hotels such as: expanded breakfast bar, free high speed internet access, out-door pool, in-room voice mail, in-room data ports, micro-fridge in all rooms, one bedroom suites, and many more.
- For some it’s the cozy accommodations, breakfast and great rates. For others it’s the little things we do with the personal touches of home.
- Cancellation Policy: Adjustments to arrival dates must be made 48 hours prior to arrival.
840 Turner McCall Blvd., Rome, 30161 706-295-0400.
- Guest Rooms: $64.00 + tax.
- Business Center, Free Wireless High Speed Internet, Gym/Fitness Center, Meeting/banquet Space, Swiming Pool
>Free Daybreak Breakfast and Free USA Today
- Free Local Calls and 800 # Access
- All rooms have: Microwave, Refrigerator, Alarm Clock, Hairdryer, Iron and Ironing Board
- Copy and Fax Service
- 24-hr Coffee in Lobby, Coffee Maker In All Rooms, RV - Bus Parking.
- Cancellation policy: Cancel prior to 4pm the day of arrival to avoid a one-night charge.
390 Dodd Blvd SE, Rome, GA, 706-234-0014
- Standard Guest Room: $52.00 Single or Double + tax
- Free Wireless Internet access
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Free local calls plus 800 access
- All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (irons, ironing boards and hair dryer available at front desk)
- Copy and fax service
- All rooms are indoor corrider
- Cancellation policy - Cancel prior to 6:00 pm day of arrival to avoid 1 night charge.
110 W. Second Ave., Rome 30161, 706-378-4837,
- Suites: $129 - $239 (+13% Tax).
- Hawthorn Suites is in WALKING DISTANCE of Rome Floyd Tennis Center, right in the heart of Rome.
- 2 night minimum reservation per room.
- 24-hour Cancellation - Guests have until 24 hours before check-in date to cancel without penalty. Late cancellations and No-Shows will be charged additional fee of one night at room rate.
- Early Check-out penalty: Guests who depart before reserved check-out date will be charged an additional fee of one night at room rate.
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
(Adjacent to and managed by Country Inn and Suites.)
35 Hobson Way, Rome, GA 30161 706-232-0021
- Standard Guest Room: $95.00 (King), 2 Queen Beds: $104.00, King Suite with Sleeper Sofa: $120 , 2-Queen Suite with Sleeper Sofa: $130 (13% Tax)
- State of the art, brand new.
- All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, and 32-inch Flat Panel HD TV.
- Complimentary Hot Full Breakfast Buffet.
- Fitness Center and Business Center on site.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 48 hous prior to arrival to avoid a one-night penalty.
LAQUINTA INN & SUITES
15 Chateau Drive, Rome, GA, 30152, Phone 706-291-1034, Fax 706-291-1036, Laquintarome@aol.com
- Standard Guest Room: (1 King or 2 Queen Beds) $89.99
- King Suite (1 King with Pull out Sofa Bed) $109.99
- Family Suite (2 Queen Beds with Pull Out sofa Bed) $129.99
- All Rooms have Fridge, Microwave, Coffee Maker and 32” Flat screen T.V.
- Earn Points or Airline Miles With each Stay
- Fitness Center, Business Center, Onsite Guest Laundry, Pool & Spa
- Free High-speed Wired/Wireless Internet
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 4 P.M Day before Arrival to avoid one night room charge.
40 Grace Dr., Rome, 30161, 706-291-7797, Fax 706-291-6858, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest Rooms: $70.00 (Single King or 2 Full-size Beds)....."Tennis Rate" available only by calling Hotel.
- All rooms have 37" flat-screen TV, fridge, and microwave.
- FREE High Speed Wireless Internet, Indoor pool open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness Center, Compliementary USA Today, Free Showtime Movie Channel.
- Deluxe Continental Breakfast including biscuits and gravy, Belgian waffles, variety of grits/oatmeal, fruit, and much, much more.
- Join Choice Privileges to take advantage of promotions. Click "more info" for details.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel by 6:00 PM the day before arrival to avoid one night's room charge.
712 Avenue A, Rome, GA 30165, 706-314-1115, Fax 706 314 1120
- Guest Rooms: $59.99 - Double and $59.99 - King.
A Complimentary Continental Breakfast is included.
- The River City Inn is less than 1/2 mile from Rome Floyd Tennis Center.
- For the comfort of our guests, we offer all NON-SMOKING rooms.
- All our King rooms have a Temper-Pedic matrtress to provide a more peaceful and sound nights sleep.
- Each room with Doubles Beds has Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattresses for the added comfort of a restful sound sleep
- Cancellation policy: In order to avoid a penalty, all cancellations must be completed 24 hours prior to arrival.
College Forum…Saturday 6:00 p.m.
Berry College Science Auditorium.
Direction from Rome Floyd Tennis Center are below.
You are approaching a critical point in your tennis career, but even more so in your educational career. You may believe it's a little early for thinking about college, but it's not. If you wait until your junior or senior year in high school, you will have lost time needed to evaluate colleges and have them evaluate you.
There are many things that only college coaches and staff can tell you that will be invaluable in your quest for just the right school for you.
Coaches from NCAA Division 1, 2, 3, and NAIA will attend.Ask any of the 150+, who attended each of the last three years. They will tell you how valuable an experience it was. 'Gondoliers' Pizzas will be served afterward.
Directions to Berry College Science Auditorium
Turn RIGHT out of Rome Floyd Tennis Center onto W. 3rd St.
Go 0.1 mile to dead end. Turn RIGHT onto 2nd Ave.
Go approximately 0.4 mile to 1st traffic light.
Go straight on Martha Berry Hwy (US 27) for 2 miles to 7th traffic light.
Turn LEFT at traffic light into entrance to Berry College.
After entrance gate, go straight ahead to traffic circle and flag pole.
As you approach the traffic circle, Hermann Hall will be facing you behind the flag pole.
Go almost 3/4 of the way around the traffic circle and take the 3rd RIGHT.
This road will lead you between Hermann Hall on the right and the Science building on your left.
As you pass the Science building, turn LEFT into the parking lot behind it.
From the rear of the Science Building you will see a rounded wall on the left.
Enter the door just to the right of the rounded wall.
The Science Auditorium will be immediately on the left.
Total distance 3.5 miles.
(2277 Martha Berry Hwy, Mt. Berry, GA 30149)
Boys' Singles Winner gets WILD CARD.
The Boys' Singles winner will win a wild card into the Qualifying "Round of 8" for the Winston-Salem Open ATP 250 tournament at Wake Forest University, August 14-16, 2013.
Directions to Rome Floyd Tennis Center from I-75 Exit # 290
301 West 3rd Street, Rome, GA
Go west (left if you are coming from Atlanta) on GA Hwy 20.
Eventually, GA Hwy 20 will merge into US Hwy 411 Follow 411 into Rome.
As you enter Rome, you pass a Ford dealership on the Right,
Go past the Dean Ave. Exit and immediately take a RIGHT at the next exit onto US 27 North (the exit will be marked "Rome").
Go 2.3 miles to the 5th traffic light (Checkers on the corner - Hurry...16 oz. Milkshakes 99 cents!)
Turn LEFT onto Broad Street and go 0.3 mile to the 4th traffic light at 5th Avenue (El Zarape on the corner)
Turn RIGHT and go 0.2 mile to the 3rd traffic light at W. 3rd Street
Turn LEFT on W. 3rd Street.
Rome Floyd Tennis Center will be 0.2 mile on the RIGHT.
Total distance from US 411 - 3.0 miles
For a map click "more info".
Alternate Directions to Rome from Atlanta & points south of I-20
From downtown Atlanta take I-20 west to Thornton Road northbound (i.e. turn right)
From Atlanta Airport take Camp Creek Parkway westbound (the only way it goes)
From I-285 southwest of Atlanta take Camp Creek Parkway westbound (left if going north on I-285). (After you cross I-20, Camp Creek is called Thornton Road)
Stay on Thornton Road approximately 35 miles to Rockmart. This road will change names several times (various peoples’ names, but is mostly US Hwy 278.
As you approach Rockmart, there will be a Sonic Drive-In on the right.
At the traffic light just past Sonic, turn right on GA 101.
Stay on GA 101 approximately 18 miles to Rome.
After you cross US Hwy 411, go 1/2 mile to the first traffic light.
Turn left and immediately to the right and stay on Hwy 101.
Go 1.6 miles to W.3rd St. (1st light past Broad Street.)
Turn right on W. 3rd St. Tennis center is on the left.
301 West 3rd Street, Rome, GA
For a map click "more info".
Directions from I-75 southbound from Tennessee
- Take Exit 312 (GA 53 West)
- Turn RIGHT on GA HWY 53 West
- Go Approximately 22.7 miles to intersection with Broad Street (GA Hwy 293) in Rome (first traffic light past N. Broad Baptist Church)
- Turn RIGHT onto Broad Street
- Go 0.5 mile on Broad Street
- Turn RIGHT onto 5th Avenue (El Zarape on the corner
- Go 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light
- Turn LEFT on W. 3rd Street
- Rome Floyd Tennis Center is 0.2 mile on Right.
- For a map click "more info".
Singles: Boys' and Girls' singles 160 draw with Feed-in championship through quarterfinals and playoff
matches for 3/4 places. Play in the FIC is mandatory. Semifinal losers in the main draw are required to play the 3/4 playoff match. The Singles official draw will be made at 5:00 PM Tuesday, June 11. The draw will be posted online at 9:00 a.m Friday, June 14.
Doubles: Boys' and Girls' doubles will be single elimination with a 3/4 playoff.
NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE DRAW WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE.
Tournament desk phone number:770-347-8087
Withdrawals and RefundsAfter the entry deadline and entries have closed, a player shall not withdraw from a tournament except for illness, injury, personal emergency, or previously authorized entry into another tournament.
If you withdraw online before entries close, there is no penalty and your entry fee will be credited by the TennisLink entry system.
Since there are fewer than 7 days until the start of the tournament, if you withdraw after entries close, there will be no refund regardless of reason.
Thirty-two seeds will be “block seeded” into the third round of the singles tournament and will thus not play until Sunday June 16. Seeding will be done and posted online on Tuesday, June 11th at 5:00 p.m., or later.
2013 Seeding Criteria
The seeds are ordered based on current USTA Southern Standings, using a table to insert players ranked in the lower age group.
To view the table, click "more info".
Players with high Nationial rankings are inserted in this manner:
Players with low Southern Standings with National top 50 Standing are placed in 1-4 seeds.
Players with low Southern Standings with National top 51-100 Standing are placed in the 5-8 seeds
Players with low Southern Standings with National top 50 Standing in the lower age division should are placed in 9-16 seeds.
All applicants NOT admitted to the main draw shall be listed in order, to be moved into the main draw if/when spaces become available.
- The order will be based on Southern Standings.
- To find out the order go to the Alternates lists in the Reports Section above. Alternate lists will be posted at 12:00 noon, June 12 and updated thereafter.
- If you are an alternate from your state and are NOT admitted on June 9, or thereafter,you may do any or all of the following:
1) Stand by as an on-site alternate on Saturday June 15 for any of the 128 unseeded positions
2) Stand by as an on-site alternate on Sunday June 16 for the 32 seeded players.
3) Come to play doubles on Sunday June 16.
*** If you are an alternate, please make sure the tournament has accurate contact information so that you may be contacted when needed.
Rest periods between singles matches
The following heat policy will be implemented: When players are scheduled to play 2 singles matches in one day, they will be offered a rest period equal to the length of their first match (up to 3 hours). They will be offered a minimum of 2 hours rest regardless of first match length. This rest period guideline does not apply to doubles.
Twitter with the Southern 16's
If you have the capbability to receive Tweets, we highly suggest that you activate Twitter.
We play at 4 sites and the weather can be very different at each site.
We often move matches from one site to another, so stay informed using Twitter.
Get instant tournament and weather updates sent to your phone via Twitter or on your Twitter account.
Just log in to Twitter to follow SOU16S. Search for user "SOU16S" or click "more info".
To receive text updates through Twitter make sure you activate your mobile device through your twitter account and then turn device updates on for "SOU16S"
Remember, our Twitter address is SOU16S
All Southern Championships will invoke the following Heat Rules
When two Singles main draw or consolation matches are schedule per day, scoring will be two tiebreak sets with a 10-point match tiebreak in lieu of the third set.
On days when one match per day is scheduled in either main draw or consolation, the best of 3 tiebreak sets will be played.
Doubles through the semi-finals will play an 8-game pro-set with a 7-point match tiebreak played at 8-all.
The doubles final and 3/4 playoff will play two tiebreak sets with a 10-point match tiebreak in lieu of the third set.
3-Minute Coaching Break
In matches playing a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set there will be a 3-minute coaching break between the end of the second set and the match-deciding tiebreak. This 3-minute break is treated the same as the 2-minute set break between first and second sets, except that players may receive coaching on the court. Players may not leave the court. unless requesting a toilet break. The toilet break will be taken after the 3-minute coaching break. No coaching is allowed during the toilet break for either player.
Ice !Bring Ice with you for your first match of the day.
Our main ice machine will be out of service.
We will happily provide ice for refills, but please bring your coolers already filled with ice for the first match of the day.
For NOAA forecast and radar, click "more info".
On-site alternates must arrive at Rome Floyd prior to matches being played for which you want to be considered.
Girls' first matches are 8:00 a.m. Saturday and ~9:00 on Sunday.
Boys' first matches are ~9:00 on Saturday and 8:00 on Sunday.
You must sign the ordered alternate sheet and remain at Rome Floyd.
If a vacancy occurs, the highest "signed-in" alternate will be admitted.
Once the on-site alternate is paged, he/she will have 4 minutes to report.
If he/she takes longer than 4 minutes to report, he/she will be bypassed until a subsequent vacancy occurs.
Up to 4 satellite sites will be used. The distance from the main site is between 2.75 miles and 7.5 miles. Directions to all sites will be available at check-in at Rome Tennis Center. Directions to some of the sites are below.
Directions to Alto Park (ALT)
- Turn RIGHT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd St. Go 0.1 mile to dead end.
- Turn RIGHT.
- Go approximately 0.4 mile to 1st traffic light.
- Turn LEFT onto Shorter Avenue (GA Hwy 20).
- Go a little more than 2 miles to 1st traffic light past DAIRY QUEEN (on Left).
- Turn LEFT on Burnett Ferry Road. (The park is on this road, all appearances to the contrary.)
- Go approximately 2.7 miles to Alto Park.
- Turn RIGHT into Alto Park and follow driveway (it sort of turns to the right.)
- TOTAL DISTANCE ~ 5.4 miles (1014 Burnett Ferry Rd SW, Rome, GA )
Directions to Darlington School (DS) from Rome Floyd TC
Matches will be played at Darlington School
Darlington School has graciously offered their newly renovated courts for match play this year. Remember, this prestigious school is ALLOWING you to use THEIR courts. Be considerate of their generosity by conducting yourself as ladies and gentlemen with propriety and modesty. Be careful not to leave litter, trash, and drink containers on the premises.
Directions from Rome Floyd Tennis Center are:
- Turn RIGHT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
- Go 0.1 mile to dead end.
- Turn LEFT onto Hwy 101 (2nd Ave.)
- Go approximately 1.6 miles to Stop Sign.
- Go STRAIGHT 0.6 mile to US Hwy 27 South (sign says Gadsden - Cedartown)
- Go approximately 0.9 mile to Darlington Drive-Old Lindale Road exit.
- At end of Exit ramp turn LEFT.
- At Stop Sign turn RIGHT onto Darlington Dr.
- Darlington is approximately 0.5 mile on RIGHT just after the Railroad Track.
- Total Distance: ~ 3.9 miles (1014 Cave Spring Rd SW, Rome, GA 30161)
Darlington SchoolCoosa International Tennis Academy is the year-round tennis training program offered by Rome's Coosa Country Club. Offered as an extracurricular opportunity to Darlington School resident students, CITA's Junior Performance Program enrolls highly motivated male and female student-athletes who share a common goal - to obtain a premier college-preparatory education and elite tennis training within a single, competitive program. CITA's experienced staff and innovative tennis training program combine with Darlington's rigorous academic offerings, caring faculty and first-rate facilities to offer a unique academic and athletic environment designed to prepare students for collegiate opportunities. Darlington resident students who participate in CITA live in one of the school's six student houses, three for boys and three for girls, and train with CITA professionals. Darlington School is a coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school established in 1905. For information, please call 1-800-368-4437.
Directions to Etowah Park (ETO) from Rome Floyd TC
- Go 0.2 mile to dead end.
- Turn RIGHT Go approximately 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light.
- Turn LEFT onto Broad Street.
- Go approximately 0.5 on Broad Street.
- Continue STRAIGHT ahead on Martin Luther King (changes name to Kingston Road) for approximately 1.7 mile.
- Etowah Park is on LEFT
- Look for sign that says "GOLF Driving Range." (It is easier to see than the Etowah Park sign.)
- TOTAL DISTANCE ~ 2.75 miles (1325 Kingston Rd NE, Rome, GA)
TENTATIVE Practice Courts
Model High School
3252 Calhoun Road, NE, Rome, GA 30161
Turn LEFT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
Go 0.2 mile to dead end.
Go approximately 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light and turn LEFT onto Broad Street
Go approximately 0.5 on Broad Street
Continue STRAIGHT ahead on Martin Luther King (changes to Kingston Road) for approximately 1.7 mile
Etowah Park is on LEFT …. Look for sign that says "DRIVING RANGE
Go to first light past Etowah Park and take a left onto Loop 1.
Go to first light and turn right on Calhoun Road.
Go approximately 2 miles on Calhoun Road
Model High School is on the Right.
Total Distance: Approx. 7.2 miles
Don't leave trash on the courts or behave in an inappropriate manner. You have been given the privilege to use their courts
Electronic Devices Prohibited on court
Players may not use electronic devises on court that are designed for communication (cell phones, pda's, etc.) or data storage/display (pocket notebook, rolodex, word processor, etc.). Use of these devices will result in immediate code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct. (A device that is in the "ON" mode constitutes use.) Notes and printed materials brought on court for reference with a player are permitted.
For your planning...
Unseeded Girls' first rounds will be scheduled between 8:00 AM and ~9:15 AM on Sarturday.
Unseeded Boys' first rounds will be scheduled between ~9:20 AM and ~11:30 AM on Saturday.
Seeded Boys will play their first match at 8:00 AM on Sunday.
Seeded Girls will play their first match between ~9:15 - ~10:25 AM on Sunday
Exact Match Times will be posted online Thursday at 12:00 noon.
Draws will be posted by 12:00 noon Friday.
Match sites will be available at Rome Tennis Center when you check in.
Check-in for unseeded players will be held on Friday afternoon 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Match play for seeded players will begin on Sunday, June 16.
Two rounds of singles main draw and one round of consolations will be played on Saturday.
One round of singles followed by at least three rounds of doubles will be played on Sunday.Starting Monday, and thereafter, doubles will be played at the start of the day (8:00a.m.).
The standard one round of main draw singles and two rounds of consolation singles will begin on Monday.
Draws and Check-in Procedure
Draws will posted online 9:00 AM Friday. (Sites will not be listed.)
Courtesy Check-in for all non-seeds: Friday 4:30-7:00
Players whose travel arrangements will not allow them to make the Friday check-in need to check in at least an hour before their first match on Saturday.
The tournament Check-in desk will be open at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday.
On-site alternates may check in on Friday, but must sign the On-site Alternate Roster on Saturday morning to be considered for entry.
Singles play begins: Saturday 8:00am at all sites
Doubles Deadline: Sarturday, 3:00 p.m.
Doubles Facebook PageTo help you find a partner, try this facebook site.
Click "more info."
Sunday Morning Chapel Service
A 15-20-minute non-denominational chapel service will be held at Rome Floyd Tennis Center on Sunday at 7:15 a.m.. The courts will be open by 6:00 for warm-up. The service should end in time to make an 8:00 match at the satellite sites.
Pro Penn Marathon Extra Duty
Model High School
3252 Calhoun Road, NE, Rome, GA 30161
- Turn LEFT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
- Go 0.2 mile to dead end.
- Turn RIGHT
- Go approximately 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light and turn LEFT onto Broad Street
- Go approximately 0.5 on Broad Street
- Continue STRAIGHT ahead on Martin Luther King (changes to Kingston Road) for approximately 1.7 mile
- Etowah Park is on LEFT …. Look for sign that says "DRIVING RANGE
- Go to first light past Etowah Park and take a left onto Loop 1.
- Go to first light and turn right on Calhoun Road.
- Go approximately 2 miles on Calhoun Road
- Model High School is on the Right.
- Total Distance: Approx. 7.2 miles
Don't leave trash on the courts or behave in an inappropriate manner. You have been given the privilege to use their courts.
Players are selected manually by the tournament director after the close of registration.
Entry to this tournament is open to specified residents only. Entries must be submitted by Friday, June 07, 2013 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 703472013 from the searchable schedule homepage.
* For tournaments with start dates between today and December 2013 the fees displayed
include a non-refundable processing fee and apply for events entered in one transaction.
Additional fees may apply for events entered in separate transactions.
For tournaments with start dates after December 2013 the total fee will be displayed
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.