Boys' 14 Alternates 705 0850
Girls' 14 Alternates 702 2258
Scoring Formats for Monday
14 Singles - Match Tiebreak in lieu of 3rd Set
Boys 12 Singles Consolations, Girls' 12 Quarterfinals, Semifinals, an Consolations - Best of 3 Short Sets (each set starting at 2-all)
Boys' 12 Semis and Finals, Girls' 12 Finals - Match Tiebreak in lieu of 3rd Set.
Doubles 8-game pro-set.
All is well, AND DRY !!
For NOAA forecast and radar, click "more info".
There is one vacancy in Girls' 14 at 9:00.
On-site alternates must arrive at Rome Floyd by 15 minutes prior to the first singles match scheduled for your event.
Boys must sign-in by 7:45. Girls must sign-in by 8:45.
You must sign the ordered alternate sheet and remain at Rome Floyd.
If a vacancy occurs, the highest "signed-in" alternate will be admitted.
Draws and Check-in Procedure
Draws are posted. (Sites are listed. Sites and site codes may be located below)
Courtesy Check-in: Friday 5:00-7:00
Players whose travel arrangements will not allow them to make the Friday check-in need to check in at least an hour before their first match on Saturday.
The tournament Check-in desk will be open at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday.
On-site alternates may check in on Friday, but must sign the On-site Alternate Roster on Saturday morning to be considered for entry.
On-site alternates must sign-in 15 minutes before the first match of their event is scheduled..
Boys must sign-in by 7:45 and Girls must sign in by 8:45 at Rome Floyd Tennis Center.
Schedule of Events
- Doubles Deadline: Wednesday, July 3, 9:00p.m. EDT
- Draws posted online: Friday 9:00 a.m. EDT
- Courtesy Check-in at Rome Floyd Tennis Center: Friday 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Saturday Check-in starts 6:30a.m. at Rome Floyd Tennis Center.
- If you don't make the Friday check-in, arrive at least an hour before your first match.
- Boys' 12 and 14 single play begins at all sites, Saturday 8:00 A.M.
- Girls' 12 and 14 singles play begin at 9:00 A.M. or thereafter.
- Two rounds of main draw and one round of consolation singles will be followed by either one or two rounds of Doubles
- Nondenominational Sunday Morning Chapel Service, 7:15a.m. at Rome Floyd Tennis Center.
- Sunday: Doubles start at 8:00 A.M., followed by two rounds of main draw and two rounds of consolation singles, followed by Doubles.
- Monday: Doubles Final and 3/4 playoff at 8:00 A.M. followed by Consolation Quaterfinals starting at 9:30, followed by the Singles Finals, 3/4 playoffs, and finishes with Consolation Semifinals. (Consolation Finals are not played).
Twitter with the Rome Regional
- If you have the capbability to receive Tweets, we highly suggest that you activate Twitter.
- We will play at 3 (maybe 4) sites and the weather can be very different at each site.
- We often move matches from one site to another, so stay informed using Twitter.
- Get instant tournament and weather updates sent to your phone via Twitter or on your Twitter account.
- Just log in to Twitter to follow RomeRegional. Search for user "RomeRegional" or click "more info".
- To receive text updates through Twitter make sure you activate your mobile device through your twitter account and then turn device updates on for "RomeRegional"
- Remember, our Twitter address is RomeRegional
SCROLL DOWN for Hotel and complete tournament information.
Detailed Driving Directions are at the bottom of page.
HOST HOTELS (alphabetically listed)
BEST WESTERN EXECUTIVE INN
217 Hwy. 411 S., Rome, 30161, 706-234-3161,
- Guest Rooms: $ 75.00 standard King or Queen/Queen Room. (Rate available directy by phone with hotel.)
- Oversized Rooms and King Suites available at a higher rate.
- Complimentary Expanded Continental Breakfast, FREE High Speed Internet, Micro-fridges, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, and hair dryers in all rooms.
- Cancellation policy: Must cancel by 4:00pm on the day before arrival to avoid one room night being charged.
23 Chateau Drive, Rome 30161 - Phone: 706.232.6055 - Fax: 706.232.1110
- Standard King Suite Guest Rooms: $109.00 (Sleeps 3 w/pull out sofa bed), Standard Double Queen Suite Guest Room: $119.00 (Sleeps 5 w/pull out sofa bed)
- "Event Rates" available only by calling Hotel.
- All rooms have 37" flat-screen TV, Mini fridge, and microwave.
- FREE High Speed Wireless Internet, Indoor pool open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness Center, Complimentary USA Today, Free HBO Movie Channel.
- Deluxe HOT Continental Breakfast Including Hot Eggs, Variety of Hot Breakfast Meats, Belgian Waffles, Pastries, Variety of Cereals, Fresh Fruit, and other great breakfast items.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid one night room charge.
Comfort Suites - Rome looks forward to providing deluxe accommodations during your stay in Rome for the Tennis Tournaments!
COUNTRY INN and SUITES
231 Hwy 411 S. Rome, 30161, 706-232-3380.
- Standard Room: $89.00 (King), 2 Queen Beds: $95.00, 2-Room Suites: $115 (King) & $125.00(2 Queen).
- Newly remodeled, one million dollars spent in renovations and upgrades.
- THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES is Rome’s finest award winning hotel, offering amenities comparable to upper scale hotels such as: expanded breakfast bar, free high speed internet access, out-door pool, in-room voice mail, in-room data ports, micro-fridge in all rooms, one bedroom suites, and many more.
- For some it’s the cozy accommodations, breakfast and great rates. For others it’s the little things we do with the personal touches of home.
- Cancellation Policy: Adjustments to arrival dates must be made 48 hours prior to arrival.
840 Turner McCall Blvd., Rome, 30161 706-295-0400.
- Guest Rooms: $64.00 + tax.
- Business Center, Free Wireless High Speed Internet, Gym/Fitness Center, Meeting/banquet Space, Swiming Pool
>Free Daybreak Breakfast and Free USA Today
- Free Local Calls and 800 # Access
- All rooms have: Microwave, Refrigerator, Alarm Clock, Hairdryer, Iron and Ironing Board
- Copy and Fax Service
- 24-hr Coffee in Lobby, Coffee Maker In All Rooms, RV - Bus Parking.
- Cancellation policy: Cancel prior to 4pm the day of arrival to avoid a one-night charge.
390 Dodd Blvd SE, Rome, GA, 706-234-0014
- Standard Guest Room: $52.00 Single or Double + tax
- Free Wireless Internet access
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Free local calls plus 800 access
- All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (irons, ironing boards and hair dryer available at front desk)
- Copy and fax service
- All rooms are indoor corrider
- Cancellation policy - Cancel prior to 6:00 pm day of arrival to avoid 1 night charge.
110 W. Second Ave., Rome 30161, 706-378-4837,
- Suites: $129 - $239 (+13% Tax).
- Hawthorn Suites is in WALKING DISTANCE of Rome Floyd Tennis Center, right in the heart of Rome.
- 2 night minimum reservation per room.
- 24-hour Cancellation - Guests have until 24 hours before check-in date to cancel without penalty. Late cancellations and No-Shows will be charged additional fee of one night at room rate.
- Early Check-out penalty: Guests who depart before reserved check-out date will be charged an additional fee of one night at room rate.
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
(Adjacent to and managed by Country Inn and Suites.)
35 Hobson Way, Rome, GA 30161 706-232-0021
- Standard Guest Room: $95.00 (King), 2 Queen Beds: $104.00, King Suite with Sleeper Sofa: $120 , 2-Queen Suite with Sleeper Sofa: $130 (13% Tax)
- State of the art, brand new.
- All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, and 32-inch Flat Panel HD TV.
- Complimentary Hot Full Breakfast Buffet.
- Fitness Center and Business Center on site.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 48 hous prior to arrival to avoid a one-night penalty
LA QUINTA INN & SUITES
15 Chateau Drive, Rome, GA, 30152, Phone 706-291-1034, Fax 706-291-1036, Laquintarome@aol.com
- Standard Guest Room: (1 King or 2 Queen Beds) $89.99
- King Suite (1 King with Pull out Sofa Bed) $109.99
- Family Suite (2 Queen Beds with Pull Out sofa Bed) $129.99
- All Rooms have Fridge, Microwave, Coffee Maker and 32” Flat screen T.V.
- Earn Points or Airline Miles With each Stay
- Fitness Center, Business Center, Onsite Guest Laundry, Pool & Spa
- Free High-speed Wired/Wireless Internet
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel 4 P.M Day before Arrival to avoid one night room charge.
40 Grace Dr., Rome, 30161, 706-291-7797, Fax 706-291-6858, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest Rooms: $70.00 (Single King or 2 Full-size Beds)....."Tennis Rate" available only by calling Hotel.
- All rooms have 37" flat-screen TV, fridge, and microwave.
- FREE High Speed Wireless Internet, Indoor pool open year-round, 24-hour on-site Fitness Center, Compliementary USA Today, Free Showtime Movie Channel.
- Deluxe Continental Breakfast including biscuits and gravy, Belgian waffles, variety of grits/oatmeal, fruit, and much, much more.
- Join Choice Privileges to take advantage of promotions. Click "more info" for details.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel by 6:00 PM the day before arrival to avoid one night's room charge.
712 Avenue A, Rome, GA 30165, 706-314-1115, Fax 706 314 1120
- Guest Rooms: $59.99 - Double and $59.99 - King.
A Complimentary Continental Breakfast is included.
- The River City Inn is less than 1/2 mile from Rome Floyd Tennis Center.
- For the comfort of our guests, we offer all NON-SMOKING rooms.
- All our King rooms have a Temper-Pedic matrtress to provide a more peaceful and sound nights sleep.
- Each room with Doubles Beds has Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattresses for the added comfort of a restful sound sleep
- Cancellation policy: In order to avoid a penalty, all cancellations must be completed 24 hours prior to arrival.
Rental Car Specials from AVIS
To reserve a car, contact Avis at 1-800-331-1600 and use your Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number D086863. Or reserve online and have your discount number automatically included in your reservation and receive an email confirmation. Click "more info" to access the Avis tournament website.
Air Travel Discounts on Delta Airlines
Discounted travel on Delta Airlines is available to 2013 attendees.
• Reservations and ticketing is available via www.delta.com. When booking online, select Meeting Event Code and enter the meeting code (NMFQE) in the box provided on the Search Flight page.
• Reservations may also be made by calling our Delta Meeting reservations at 800 328 1111 Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CDT.
• *Please note that there is a direct ticketing fee for booking through the reservation number above.
• Click on "more info" to go to delta.com.
The Seeding Method has changed for 2013 !!!!!
The new Computerized List seeding method is in Table 18 of the 2013 Friend at Court. As of Januarry 25, the Singles Seeding Lists were not visible on the intenet. This may or may not change. To view the Table click "more info."
The Tennis Recruiting Network – also known as TennisRecruiting.net – is the premier website for junior tennis. There is something for everyone – junior players, their parents, college coaches, and fans.
Weekly rankings by graduation year show how recruits stack up against each other.
Players can market themselves to college coaches by updating their player profiles – completely free of charge.
Coaches can add players to their “watch lists” and receive email updates about recruit activity.
With extensive information about tens of thousands of recruits – and articles from recruiting experts and former coaches – there is something for everyone at TennisRecruiting.net.
Photographers from TennisRecruiting.net will be in attendance ________ taking action photos.
Directions to Rome Floyd Tennis Center from I-75 Exit # 290
- 301 West 3rd Street, Rome, GA
- Go west (left if you are coming from Atlanta) on GA Hwy 20.
- Eventually, GA Hwy 20 will merge into US Hwy 411 Follow 411 into Rome.
- As you enter Rome, you pass a Ford dealership on the Right,
- Go past the Dean Ave. Exit and immediately take a RIGHT at the next exit onto US 27 North (the exit will be marked "Rome").
- Go 2.3 miles to the 5th traffic light (Checkers on the corner - Hurry...16 oz. Milkshakes 99 cents!)
- Turn LEFT onto Broad Street and go 0.3 mile to the 4th traffic light at 5th Avenue (El Zarape on the corner)
- Turn RIGHT and go 0.2 mile to the 3rd traffic light at W. 3rd Street
- Turn LEFT on W. 3rd Street.
- Rome Floyd Tennis Center will be 0.2 mile on the RIGHT.
- Total distance from US 411 - 3.0 miles
- For a map click "more info".
Alternate Directions to Rome from Atlanta & points south of I-20
- From downtown Atlanta take I-20 west to Thornton Road northbound (i.e. turn right)
- From Atlanta Airport take Camp Creek Parkway westbound (the only way it goes)
- From I-285 southwest of Atlanta take Camp Creek Parkway westbound (left if going north on I-285). (After you cross I-20, Camp Creek is called Thornton Road)
- Stay on Thornton Road approximately 35 miles to Rockmart. This road will change names several times (various peoples’ names, but is mostly US Hwy 278.
- As you approach Rockmart, there will be a Sonic Drive-In on the right.
- At the traffic light just past Sonic, turn right on GA 101.
- Stay on GA 101 approximately 18 miles to Rome.
- After you cross US Hwy 411, go 1/2 mile to the first traffic light.
- Turn left and immediately to the right and stay on Hwy 101.
- Go 1.6 miles to W.3rd St. (1st light past Broad Street.)
- Turn right on W. 3rd St. Tennis center is on the left.
- 301 West 3rd Street, Rome, GA
- For a map click "more info".
Directions from I-75 southbound from Tennessee
- Take Exit 312 (GA 53 West)
- Turn RIGHT on GA HWY 53 West
- Go Approximately 22.7 miles to intersection with Broad Street (GA Hwy 293) in Rome (first traffic light past N. Broad Baptist Church)
- Turn RIGHT onto Broad Street
- Go 0.5 mile on Broad Street
- Turn RIGHT onto 5th Avenue (El Zarape on the corner
- Go 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light
- Turn LEFT on W. 3rd Street
- Rome Floyd Tennis Center is 0.2 mile on Right.
- For a map click "more info".
Tournament desk phone number:770-347-8087
All players and parents must complete and sign a USTA Release form prior at check-in. If the player is traveling without a parent, parents must send the signed release with the player. Please click "more info" to print a release to send with the player.
Withdrawals and Refunds
- After the entry deadline and entries have closed, a player shall not withdraw from a tournament except for illness, injury, personal emergency, or previously authorized entry into another tournament.
- If you withdraw online before entries close, there is no penalty and your entry fee will be credited by the TennisLink entry system.
- If you withdraw after entries close, there will be no refund regardless of reason.
Rest periods between singles matches
The following heat policy will be implemented: When players are scheduled to play 2 singles matches in one day, they will be offered a rest period equal to the length of their first match (up to 3 hours). They will be offered a minimum of 2 hours rest regardless of first match length. This rest period guideline does not apply to doubles.
3-Minute Coaching Break
In matches playing a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set there will be a 3-minute coaching break between the end of the second set and the match-deciding tiebreak. This 3-minute break is treated the same as the 2-minute set break between first and second sets, except that players may receive coaching on the court. Players may not leave the court. unless requesting a toilet break. The toilet break will be taken after the 3-minute coaching break. No coaching is allowed during the toilet break for either player.
Bring Ice with you for your first match of the day.
Our main ice machine will be out of service.
We will happily provide ice for refills, but please bring your coolers already filled with ice for the first match of the day.
Up to 4 satellite sites will be used. The distance from the main site is between 2.75 miles and 7.5 miles. Directions to all sites will be available at check-in at Rome Tennis Center. Directions to some of the sites are below.
Directions to Alto Park (ALT)
- Turn RIGHT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd St. Go 0.1 mile to dead end.
- Turn RIGHT.
- Go approximately 0.4 mile to 1st traffic light.
- Turn LEFT onto Shorter Avenue (GA Hwy 20).
- Go a little more than 2 miles to 1st traffic light past DAIRY QUEEN (on Left).
- Turn LEFT on Burnett Ferry Road. (The park is on this road, all appearances to the contrary.)
- Go approximately 2.7 miles to Alto Park.
- Turn RIGHT into Alto Park and follow driveway (it sort of turns to the right.)
- TOTAL DISTANCE ~ 5.4 miles (1014 Burnett Ferry Rd SW, Rome, GA )
Directions to Etowah Park (ETO) from Rome Floyd TC
- Turn LEFT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
- Go 0.2 mile to dead end.
- Turn RIGHT Go approximately 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light.
- Turn LEFT onto Broad Street.
- Go approximately 0.5 on Broad Street.
- Continue STRAIGHT ahead on Martin Luther King (changes name to Kingston Road) for approximately 1.7 mile.
- Etowah Park is on LEFT
- Look for sign that says "GOLF Driving Range." (It is easier to see than the Etowah Park sign.)
- TOTAL DISTANCE ~ 2.75 miles (1325 Kingston Rd NE, Rome, GA)
Directions to Darlington School (DS) from Rome Floyd TC
Matches will be played at Darlington School
Darlington School has graciously offered their newly renovated courts for match play this year. Remember, this prestigious school is ALLOWING you to use THEIR courts. Be considerate of their generosity by conducting yourself as ladies and gentlemen with propriety and modesty. Be careful not to leave litter, trash, and drink containers on the premises.
Directions from Rome Floyd Tennis Center are:
- Turn RIGHT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
- Go 0.1 mile to dead end.
- Turn LEFT onto Hwy 101 (2nd Ave.)
- Go approximately 1.6 miles to Stop Sign.
- Go STRAIGHT 0.6 mile to US Hwy 27 South (sign says Gadsden - Cedartown)
- Go approximately 0.9 mile to Darlington Drive-Old Lindale Road exit.
- At end of Exit ramp turn LEFT.
- At Stop Sign turn RIGHT onto Darlington Dr.
- Darlington is approximately 0.5 mile on RIGHT just after the Railroad Track.
- Total Distance: ~ 3.9 miles (1014 Cave Spring Rd SW, Rome, GA 30161)
Coosa International Tennis Academy is the year-round tennis training program offered by Rome's Coosa Country Club. Offered as an extracurricular opportunity to Darlington School resident students, CITA's Junior Performance Program enrolls highly motivated male and female student-athletes who share a common goal - to obtain a premier college-preparatory education and elite tennis training within a single, competitive program. CITA's experienced staff and innovative tennis training program combine with Darlington's rigorous academic offerings, caring faculty and first-rate facilities to offer a unique academic and athletic environment designed to prepare students for collegiate opportunities. Darlington resident students who participate in CITA live in one of the school's six student houses, three for boys and three for girls, and train with CITA professionals. Darlington School is a coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school established in 1905. For information, please call 1-800-368-4437.
Model High School
3252 Calhoun Road, NE, Rome, GA 30161
Turn LEFT out of tennis center onto W. 3rd.
Go 0.2 mile to dead end.
Go approximately 0.3 mile to 3rd traffic light and turn LEFT onto Broad Street
Go approximately 0.5 on Broad Street
Continue STRAIGHT ahead on Martin Luther King (changes to Kingston Road) for approximately 1.7 mile
Etowah Park is on LEFT …. Look for sign that says "DRIVING RANGE
Go to first light past Etowah Park and take a left onto Loop 1.
Go to first light and turn right on Calhoun Road.
Go approximately 2 miles on Calhoun Road
Model High School is on the Right.
Total Distance: Approx. 7.2 miles
Don't leave trash on the courts or behave in an inappropriate manner. You have been given the privilege to use their courts
Electronic Devices Prohibited on court
Players may not use electronic devises on court that are designed for communication (cell phones, pda's, etc.) or data storage/display (pocket notebook, rolodex, word processor, etc.). Use of these devices will result in immediate code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct. (A device that is in the "ON" mode constitutes use.) Notes and printed materials brought on court for reference with a player are permitted.
For your planning...
Draws will be posted by 9:00 AM Friday.
Match sites will be available at Rome Tennis Center when you check in.
Courtesy Check-in will be held on Friday afternoon 4:30-7:00 p.m
Two rounds of singles main draw and one round of consolations will be played on Saturday.
Entering Two Age Groups If you are selected for the older age division, you are not eligible to be selected for the younger division.If you are not selected for the older age division, you may be selected for the younger age division.If you are not selected for either age division you are eligible to be placed on the lower age division alternate list only. You may not play singles in one age group and doubles in another. If you entered doubles, and are selected for singles, but not doubles, just email us. The computer limits entries to 16 (it doesn't know the difference between teams and players!)
Use EXTREME Caution when indicating multiple sites!
If you enter multiple sites, you may be selected for a site you don't prefer based on your lower age group standing!
NOTE: 48 players nationwide are selected from the lower age group before any players are selected from the age group of the event.. If you aren't prepared to play at a site, DO NOT put it as one of your preferences because you could indicate it as your 4th preference, and still be selected based on your lower age group standing, even though you might easily qualify for your 1st preference based on your standing in the age group of the event. Once selections are made, you cannot withdraw from one site to enter another site.
Pro Penn Marathon Extra Duty
ALTERNATES...Read this !!
Don't Wait to enter! If you do,
Deadline is one minute before 12:00 NOON,
June 13 Eastern Daylight Time.
Your credit card will not be charged unless you are accepted after the deadline. You can always withdraw before the deadline if you change your mind. (message posted 2/24/2013)
Doubles Facebook Page
To help you find a partner, try this facebook site.
Click "more info."
Doubles deadline has passed.
- Players without parters will be randomly paired, and cannot be changed unless there is a tournament error.
9:00 Sunday Morning Chapel Service
A 15-20-minute non-denominational chapel service will be held at Rome Floyd Tennis Center on Sunday at 7:15 a.m.. You can attend the service and still have time to warm up for a 10:00 match at any site.
Click on the Selection Process tab to see how selections for this Regional will be made.
Entry to this tournament is restricted. To see how entrants will be selected, follow the “Selection Process” link to the left. It is the player’s responsibility to check the selection list(s) after registering online to be sure that a check mark appears beside the player’s name on the list, in order to insure proper registration. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:59:00 AM Eastern Time. Only USTA members can register online if available.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 700004913 from the searchable schedule homepage.
* For tournaments with start dates between today and December 2013 the fees displayed
include a non-refundable processing fee and apply for events entered in one transaction.
Additional fees may apply for events entered in separate transactions.
For tournaments with start dates after December 2013 the total fee will be displayed
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information,
please go to your browser's help menu.